Was born, is living... will die.
Problem with that though is that they'd have overlapping roles. For the two-squad system to work, they need to be complimentary.
We're all working hard to get this one out ASAP, should only take another day or two hopefully. :)
- Regulars with 1 QBB-95 will always defeat Riflemen with 1 SAW at long range unless the latter is in better cover. To beat Riflemen with 2 SAWs, you need the LMG and at least one QBU-88.
Note that things will change a bit this upcoming patch, but the Riflemen/Regular match-up won't change.
- All units (including US Marines) do more DPS up close and less DPS at long range. The only exceptions to this are snipers.
However this gradient is much more pronounced with units like Militia and Riflemen than it is with Regulars or Marines.
- Small arms less than .50 cal won't actually damage the Stryker itself (or the ZSD-89 for that matter), but they can kill any exposed gunner. So they can essentially neutralise, it even if they can't kill it without AT weapons.
See that's the kind of feedback we're always seeking. Detailed criticism from a proven player. :)
- The US rifle situation we tried to alleviate last patch by giving Regulars an LMG global upgrade (not sure if you've played since). The LMG allows Regulars to consistently defeat upgraded Riflemen at long range. That said, Riflemen are supposed to be more versatile.
- All PLA infantry will be much better able to deter the ICV next patch, as we've fixed small arms penetration and allowed gunner kill criticals to occur even when vehicles are at full health. The ICV will only be able to avoid this by buying the remote-controlled .50 cal.
- The Stryker upgrade system may also be liable to change soon; we have a new system that we're considering.
- Militia may also be getting some increased functionality soon, although that's not a given. If you have any ideas then of course we're open to hearing them (just make sure you use our forums).
Don't forget though that they already have a firepower upgrade, multiple mines/booby traps, molotovs, camouflage... although it's true that most are doctrinal.
When we first released MC people were saying the exact opposite...
1. You should definitely vote for EF this year. I have.
2. You do realise that you're not limited to one vote, right?
3. What doubts?
Voted as fast as my fingers would move. Congrats on the amazing release guys, you deserve every last bit of praise you receive. :)
Third Age is so damn good that I vote for it autonomously. My fingers just move by themselves and it happens. No higher input.
It's doubtful whether Third Age is even a "mod" anymore. In a world full of stagnant COD sequels and annual EA sports games, I think it's fully justified to call Third Age a game in its own right.
Pretty sure I'll continue to vote for you guys until either (a) I die of old age, (b) ModDB is brought down by futuristic Anonymous cyber-ninjas or (c) my fingers become gangrenous and plop off.
Still thinking about you guys.
Anybody who doubts your capability is delusional; a quick browse of all the media you've uploaded proves that you have everything it takes and more. Don't let the naysayers get you down... I know just how attritional and demotivational they can be.
Best of luck, you have my vote for sure. :)
Congrats guys, it's been an awesome year for EF. I can honestly say that I had more fun trying out the Ostheer than I did trying out CoH 2... the wait was well worth it. :)
You've got my vote.
You've got my vote mate, amazing stuff coming out of ZombieMod this year. :)
The patch will hopefully be out very, very soon.
Is your graphics shader setting on "high"? If not then try it.
It's a known problem, and will be fixed with the upcoming patch.
We're trying, bear with us. :)
Normal maps need to be DXT5, otherwise DXT1.
This is our (very talented) composer's YouTube page, you can find download links there. :)
Just be aware that if they aren't just for private use, you'll need to ask both the composer and mod leader for permission.
We don't have any dedicated mappers left at this point, although there are several promising community maps that we'll probably incorporate in the future. :)
There are several factors to consider:
1. Even removing WWII references from the fifteen thousand US voice files took previous mod leader Onkelsam two weeks.
2. We can't just do the same thing Eastern Front did and substitute in existing Chinese voice files, because Relic didn't record any.
3. Recording new voices of our own would require proper facilities and talent (to approach anything near Relic quality). Our only real sound guy (who I doubt had access to either) left long ago anyway.
4. There are no devs on our end who have both the skills and time to code it all (each line would need to be individually hex coded AFAIK). If the lines were recorded in Chinese (which would be more authentic but less intelligible for our non-Chinese fanbase), there'd be the language barrier to consider as well.
Use Force Recon to sabotage the PLA defences before the landing begins. ;)
Go to your CoH root folder. There should be a ModernCombat folder, within which you'll find two BAT files (one standard, one cheatmod) that you can use to launch the mod. :)
You can replace your existing shortcut with a shortcut to one of these.
I can't test links out for myself at the moment due to limited internet.
Have you tried here?
PS: I know the mod, but I can only see a Vickers emplacement and not an M2 emplacement.
Pretty sure you need OE. Sorry mate, that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge regarding audio. :/
I can't actually find a pic of the emplacement you're referring to. Do you have a link?
We already have M2s in-game, on the Humvee, Stryker ICV and Abrams TUSK. ;)
About fixing the audio, I'm guessing you'd have to open up the Object Editor and reassign the sound effects. Not 100% sure as sound isn't my area of expertise.
The vCoH sound effect has likely been overridden by our custom soundpack.
Make a post on our forums and I'll get back to you later. It's just I'm a bit busy studying atm. :/
You downloaded 1.016 right? And the installation went OK?
If so then your download was probably interrupted, incomplete or corrupt. Is it viable for you to redownload the mod? If your connection is less than ideal, then do you have a torrent program you can use?
High praise indeed. :)
You don't need to make a whole new UCS file, you just need to open up an existing one and then add some additional lines of text preceded by unique numerical keys.
If you've done that and yet the game won't start, then it means you've created a duplicate number/key that's already in use.
I'm assuming the updater is what gives you the 404 error? And you can play regular CoH no worries?
Your download may have been interrupted (or incomplete/corrupted for some other reason). Do you have a torrent program?