Hectate is just another guy that enjoys the hobby of content creation for video games. His current poison is Glest, an open-source RTS game. (www.glest.org)
Each team member on GLADE has a specific set of responsibilities, which in some cases span multiple tasks. As the 3D Static Artist (mesh/model creator), the task I've accepted is to create a mesh for the Winged Imp unit. After completion it will be given to the 2D artist for skinning, and then to the Animator for rigging and animations.
I've been given the following link as a conceptual source. Deletionquality.net
A few notes as I begin...
1. There will likely be many of these, as it is a readily available unit. Poly-count should be low.
2. Imps are traditionally very small, in this case our Imp's wing-span will take up the majority of their available space.
3. Our concept does not appear to have independent arm-limbs, but wings only. They may need to be a separate mesh (parented for animation) if transparency is desired, as the main body will need to be tinted according to the team-color (thus using the alpha channel for non-transparency).
4. They are summoned, supernatural creatures that should not have to touch the ground to rest. Hooked claws on the feet especially indicate this (not for walking).
5. The horns in the image could interfere with wing animations ("standing", moving, attacking, etc). They will not be the same, and might be removed entirely.
6. Given the small size of the creature (further compounded by its model's use in a RTS game), the tongue will not be modeled. The mouth can be if desired by the Concept Manager for animation purposes.
As I progress through the development of this model I will include images and renders.
No blogs were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the blog list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
GLADE is the GLest Association of Development Enthusiasts. We work on Mods for Glest.
No groups were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the group list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Start a group and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.