This member has provided no bio about themself...
The place of Radagast will be changed for the next version. And Tom Bombadil will never be buildable, he is just a too ... curios creature. He will stay in the spellbook.
2. Well, Alatar and Pallando belonged to the white council, but they haven't helped the council for a long time and while the white council fought against sauron they did nothing... :P
But we have a plan for them in the future.^^
3. Some will stay, some will be removed.
It's not really possible to use a combination of maximum outposts per map and the needed buildings for an upgrade in te faction.
Additionally it is very difficult to balance such things.
In a normal 1vs1 map with fortresses there are 6 farm buildings and 2 outposts. But on some 4 player maps there are just 8 farms and 1 outpost. (similar as in Bfme I)
Therefore 1/3 and 3/3 would be exactly the same.
But in 8 player matches it will be nearly impossible to get 1/3, as you would need ~3 times more buildings than the average player. In a 1vs1 you just need half of the buildings and already have more than 1/3 of the buildings.
Additionally the player would have nearly no chance as soon as he has lost his outposts. That way it would be even more difficult for a comeback and the game would be decided very fast - either mordor gets really strong or really weak. We are always trying to have a balanced game and that even the weaker player can have a change of a comeback. (otherwise he could just give up)
And that's a huge problem in your concept.
The problem about that are the animations - such vampires are really really difficult to create. That's why we have done it this way.
the google translation is a fanmade project, with no influence by the edain team. We are working on a "real" translation into english, which will be published with version 4.0.
We haven't planned other translations, but if you want to make a spanish translation we won't stop you. ;)
Happy new year to you too.^^
13) There are already all lotr soundtracks ingame.
14) Why? They already have the same size as in the movies.
15) So you want a new map? I have told you below something about map suggestions.^^
16) There will be no mountain giant lairs mountain giants are too big for such a lair, the lair would need to have the same size as a fortress or even bigger and I personally don't think that giants fit as normal creeps.
17) No. Such an ability would be MUCH too strong. Just imagine if you have 3 werewolves and the enemy has gandalf, aragorn and Boromir - you could just kill all three heros at once.
Such "one shot"-abilities are always too strong and hey are always very frustrating for the enemy, as he can do nothing but playing without heros.
18) No. There are some reasons for that:
(a) Many maps look good the way they are looking now. But that's just because they are made for a special day type. Some night-maps look horrible at day and vice versa. Additionally we would need different day and nights for nearly every map, as the maps also have different light settings and we wouldn't be able so simply copy such a system to every map.
And we would need to redo all skyboxes, so that they are always changing.
The question is:
Does it really make the game better and is worth all the work for a (probably not good looking) day-night change system? (the nights on day-maps would never look as cool as the normal nights on night maps. We can just change the light settings, not the actual time of day)
Could it be that you've always clicked on the building again?
If you click on the building the whole animation restarts. But if you just let them attack they should attack without any problems.
When we have finished our work.
Sorry, but we never give dates.^^
Nope, version 4.0 will be in english.
No, as this is also just a modification. You can't run two modifications at the same time.
(answers to the next comment)
No, it always causes crashes, but we are working on it. (we have disabled the feature, as it is better to have the AI not use the ring, than gamecrashes every time she tries to use it)
We are working on new creeps. :)
(a) Why should a giant pick up a normal unit?^^ It's much more effective if they just trample them/throw a gigantic rock.
(b) There are no animations and those animations would be veeeery complex.
Just look at the news... There will be no inn or outpost in the next version.
There is no download of edain mod 4.0 or movies about the gameplay. There are only the movies we've showed you in the news.
@ amon sul:
1. Trolls are "stoned" (bad pun, I know), when they get hit by the final power of lorien. If the normal ability would do this, trolls would be useless... The ability has around 5 minutes cooldown - therefore all of your trolls would die every 5 minutes... And imagine if you play a game with 8 players... and 7 good factions would have this ability. All of your trolls would die in less than a minute... that wouldn't be a good gameplay, that would be only frustrating and boring...^^
3. Snow trolls deal similar damage as normal trolls.
4. No. Every dead body needs a lot of work for the engine - if the bodies would remain on the battlefield it would be impossible to play, especially with mordor... just imagine 2000 dead orcs - if 2000 orcs lie there, they need equal work of your computer as 3000-4000 normal orcs.
Have you ever had so many orcs? Just try it... :P You won't be able to move anything, as the lags are too big.
5. Not for me.
6. Probably because the map.ini doesn't fit for edain 3.8.1
hoho said most of the things correctly, just a few more words about it:
2. NO. Isildur is dead and has nothing to do with the arnor we are showing you - this is an arnor which existed thousands of years after Isildur.^^
We made durin's statue, as he never really died - he was revived again and again, that's why he is called the undieable.
The edain mod changes nothing about that - are you using an image or something similar? Sometimes this is the problem . If you are using the original version try to reinstall the game. As said: We can't even change anything about that, therefore the mod is not the problem.^^
The problem is that this wouldn't make HD better, only the gameplay worse - archers would move all the time around the tower, as it always stands in the way and always restrains your sight. That's why the tower is set at the top and not in the middle of the fortress.^^
Additionally we would have to rebuild nearly everything of the fortress, as the model doesn't fit there - it's just too big.
It will be released with version 4.0.
1. & 2. & 3.:
The map is not based 100% on the movies and is more a fun map, that's why there are many parts which doesn't fit to the movie
4. No, We don't like those heros AND Agandaur has nothing to do with angmar, as angmar is the faction of the witchking and agandaur lived (according to witn) while the wotr and was a leader of the goblins. So he would only fit to the normal goblin faction, but they are an own faction without a human leader - normal men don't fit into this wild faction.
5. what exactly do you mean?
We won't delete wotr.
And if you mean that we integrate both building systems:
No, we won't do that, we have said that a few times. We would have to work on two complete different mods with different systems, balances, etc.
Additionally it will be nearly impossible to find multiplayer matches, as the players are divided in two different groups and we always can focus only on one of these groups and the other one will flame us. There will be ONE version of edain and not multiple different versions.
Ebay or Amazon.^^
Well, you can't always argue with logic.^^ Otherwise catapults would be far too strong and rams totally underpowered.^^
Walls are stronger than the gate, therefore you need much longer to destroy a wall than the gate.
Catapults will be weakened against all kind of normal troups.^^
Catapults deal less damage to both walls and gates.^^ They are ranged siege weapons which are made for long sieges which forces the defending player to leave his fortress and attack with units. Rams are made for direct attacks, either fast surprise attacks or the final attack after a siege with catapults. They have to be very close and therefore the defender can kill them with his protected units, if the attacker doesn't protect them/hasn't weakened the defender enough.^^
We have to rework EVERY single faction.^^ In the past versions we have always had a focus on 2-3 factions and minor changes on the other factions, but this time we have 9 factions with a complete rework and a complete new building system and a new balance... :P
Happy new year to all of our fans out there. We hope that you all enjoyed the last year (especially our work :P ) and won't stop doing it for the next year! :D
They are an easter egg, similar to spiderman, the lichking or the overlord. They are hidden somewhere in the skirmish mode, but we won't tell anyone where. Either you search and find them (like you do with normal eastereggs) or you find them coincidentally.^^
Es wird immer eine deutsche Version der Modifikation geben - schon alleine, weil wir immer alles zuerst auf deutsch machen (wir sind ja alle Muttersprachler) und erst im Nachhinein ins englische übersetzen.^^
I think that we don't copy such concepts. :P
And it is difficult to find a spellbook which fits for both factions, as the styles are completely different (and especially the kings aren't similar).
While we can find dwarven spells, which fits for all factions, it will be very difficult to find elven spells, which fit for lorien and mirkwood.
Additionally we would have to make two complete different bases with different main buildings, etc. (I don't know if those huge changes are even possible with an upgrade, probably it is technically impossible)
I personally think that a "combo faction" gives us much more possibilities while playing a game. (not only one decision at the beginning)
1. Nope, as we just have space for two more factions and we want other factions more. That's why we have integrated arnor this way.
2. Nope, technically not possible.
This is a bug, which is not caused by edain - this bug exists since rotw was released. :P
You have to wait inside of your walls (second wall is best) and you should NOT attack the troups waiting outside of your base. I played the mission at the first time for about 10 hours... :D
We can't just make the maps larger, as we would have to rework all maps for that. (it would be like creating every map completely new)
Additionally, the enginge can't handle larger maps without problems - if we make larger maps, the game would start lagging as soon as you have 2-3 batallions on the battlefield.
This building is NOT the orthanc.
It has a complete different form (f.e. only 4 sites)
This building is very similar to the mage tower, which was the final upgrade of the bfme II fortress. This building is just a symbol that saruman always tries to copy things and make it himself. (f.e. he tried to forge his own ring of power)
By building this tower he tries to build a tower, which is as strong as the orthanc (but of course doesn't manage it to be that strong^^).
They won't be in the game, as they don't fit into the wotr. So we won't add them for skirmish. As they are part of the campaign we will rework them in the future, but currently this has a very low priority, as we are working on the skirmish atm.