This member has provided no bio about themself...
I mean to say, I have no idea how to fix it. I don't know whats wrong with it.
Yes, that is how I loaded the mod from the mod menu, and when Matto 4 loads I do see the custom menu screen. But when I try to start a new game it refuses to play the mod. It only loads the stock FC levels. I have no idea how it works
Another suggestion I forgot is something sporty, you know like a jogger, but still attractive. I'd suggest a more exotic figure with wider hips, toned (but not muscular) body, a trim waste, and above average chest, and short hair. For clothing, sneakers, some white black striped loose fitting jogging pants that fit loosely around the waste (so they are lower on one side of the waste than the other), black briefs, and loose fitting cut off shirt would be nice.
I suggest a different female figure for each female character. You know, like the one wearing the sweater vest could be slightly smaller and more petite than the others. The one wearing the sweats and fleece top could be younger than the others, etc. These are all just suggestions, based on women I've met who were all moderately or very attractive, which I’m sure is you're goal. Just keep in mind that adding more variety like the suggestions I've made, will make more people happy and gain more onlookers. You can't just have one stereo typed female character wearing a thong... I really suggest you do the same thing with the male characters. You know, different body types and ages, different types of clothing that suit different types of characters (comfortable and easy going, sporty, sexy, business, travel, work, etc)
Ignore Makkon. If we all dressed, ate, talked, and acted like magazines told us to, we'd all be the same and every woman would probably be blonde. I don't care if a woman dressed like that. Its perfectly fine. Although most women will tell you, they hate thongs. lol Nothing wrong with what she's wearing though. But There should be other femaile player characters other than her. How about one wearing something relaxed like some sweats that are open at the bottom without the elastic, a colored shirt, and an unziped two tone fleece jacket? Also, how about a third female character wearing some jeans, a small sweater vest, and a colored shirt? I think those three choices, including the one above would make everyone happy. :)
I meant to say, "with quad forward offroad lights mounted into the front of the hood".
Anyway, I've seen them race several differnt models. I like the WRX the most though. :)
I'd play this game is some good Rally maps were added. You know, the type that have lots of different driving conditions, such as tarmac, gravel, mud, water, forest, dirt, sand, rock, etc.
I also wanna see a suped up Subaru (the ones with the quad forward offroad lights mounted into the front of the hood) for Rally Courses, and an illegal Dual Turbo Nissan Skyline R34 GTR for street racing!
These are pretty much the two best cars for those two different types of racing, and they REALLY deserve to be in this mod! It would be a crime not to add them. They're many enthusiasts' favorite cars, including me :)
Whats that white line going through the picture. It looks like the picture is corrupted. :(
By the way, I didn't know this mod was going to have off road maps...
Now THAT’S more like it. I only wish someone would put as much passion into your maps as was put into this model above. I’m sorry, but the pictures I've seen of your maps really suck. The maps are extremely low poly with no attention to detail what so ever. They don’t even look like a real city or anything, but some crappy level a newbie made. I’m not going to even bother downloading this mod, until more energy is put into the maps. The models are looking great though... except for a few of the low poly ones, like that ****** charger model. Don't include that one in the mod. Have someone remake it or something.
The claws look like their too blunt and dull... not very menacing if you ask me. What’s he gonna do, give me a rug burn? Again the skin looks too smooth and smudged, and doesn't give him a 3D look at all. I'm sorry but I really don't like this model.
I really hope he's not finished... the seam on the back of his head really ruins the model. Also the clothes look like they were painted on with too much smoothing and no texture. It looks like a glossy paint job for a car. The wrinkles in the clothing were done well though. Also, if he was wiping off blood on his apron, shouldn't his bloody handprint be upside down and tilted at a 45 degree angle? (I've seen a lot of bloody aprons, as I worked as a prep chef in a restaurant once.)
You don't need to make your own weapons. Just borrow them from other mods, and FPS Banana. Just make sure you give credit in the mod documentation to who ever made the weapon originally.
Why is this mod under HL2? This looks like HL1...
6 Months? Damn, you're way off. I'm just using a moderately priced 6800GT I bought two years ago. I don't plan to upgrade till the 2nd or 3rd generation DX10 cards come out. Anything else is a waste of money. I get excellent FPS in HL2, and this card is now pretty cheap. Don't you ever see the sales that NewEgg has? Last year they had 7800GTs being sold for less than 60% off for a whole week. I also got mine on sale there too. I just waited for a sale. You guys need to learn how to shop. I probably saved about $2000, simply by waiting for sales, and collecting my parts one at a time. You can make an account there, then find something you like and check off an option that emails you the second it goes on sale.
Also this other guy is comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare the reasoning for making a low poly game or a high poly game... its simply a matter of catering to different customer needs. That’s it. They make both, equally. I see PLENTY of high quality games come out. I’m not really considering the uber cheap games you can download for $9. Those are just cheap little games people trying to get into the business are making to get noticed. They need to build a portfolio so they can apply for jobs with teams working on the big games, and they want their name on something.
As for this game, I bought HL2 because I have higher graphics expectations, and it bugs me when I see someone release a mod with HL1 quality stuff for it and they don’t warn me ahead of time that its their intention to do that. Put a label at the top or something so people know what they're getting into, so they can just go somewhere else if they don't want something that uses lower demanding graphics for cheaper or older video cards. You’ll get more people interested in the mod that way.
I've seen lots of people complain about how they can't afford a nice video card, and they own HL2. So, I’m sure there’s a lot of people who would appreciate the work you guys are doing. I sympathize with you, because I was that age too when I couldn't afford a nice card so I missed out on a lot of fun games everyone was talking about and felt really left out. So don't get me wrong, I really do understand where you are coming from. But still, HL2 was designed to be capable of high quality graphics and most players who own this game are looking for mods that cater to that.
Shoe textures and face textures look good, but the model it self is WAY too blocky. It looks like something that was converted from HL1. ADD more polies!
LOL, I think the percent complete actually went down... either that or waiting for so long is causing me to go mental. What the heck is taking so long? Release some kind of beta already. I don't care how unfinished it is. I just need something...
All these other minor zombie mods like Zombie Mod and Zombie Horde for CS:S are getting VERY repetitive and BORING. I've been trying for a week to find a multiplayer mod to hold me over till this is done, but NOTHING is finished! Everything is still being worked on. :(
I’m getting so bored I’m starting to slip in and out of consciousness! Help!
SVEN COOP HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. THIS IS A FAKE. DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. THERE'S NO TELLING WHAT IS IN THAT DOWNLOAD.
I meant to say add at least one other weapon, other than the rifle.
The combine soldiers die waaaay too quickly and the maps are so tiny, but I see a lot of potential here. I have a few suggestions:
- Bigger maps
- A few maps with mounted weapons
- Map with a destructible fort that you have to protect
- Soldier should start with a hopper mine and one grenade. The hopper mine isn't THAT much of an advantage, because I've seen soldiers dodge them, so the soldier shouldn't be unbalanced.
- What about all the other great weapons in the game? How could you leave out the revolver!
- Add at LEAST one new weapon. Just one. Something that a lot of players look for... something popular. This would help add popularity to the mod. There's a lot of weapons like this... like the P90, the berretta, Desert Eagle... or maybe something modern and high tech, like the XM29 OICW. There's lots of fun choices, and many of these have either been created in other mods, or created as new skins by enthusiasts for other mods. Take your pick, there are plenty of them. Just make sure you give credit to who ever made them, unless you're having someone work on new weapons already. I recommend a nicer SMG for the Medic. That little SMG really does suck… I never liked it in HL2 to begin with.
- This mod really needs a rifle! I recommend something simple... but nice, nothing over the top like a magnum or anything. Something with a scope, like one by Steyr, Beretta, Galil, Parker Hale, or Heckler & Koch. :) There’s lots to choose from, many that have already been made for other mods by either the mod teams or enthusiasts. I don’t remember what they looked like… but the Substance Mod for HL2 has a few rifles. Maybe you could borrow one from them? ...As long as it doesn't look crappy.
- The Soldiers should increase in numbers and in stats, depending on how many players are in a game and if they are dying too easily.
- The machinegun should hold more ammo per clip. I was reloading like crazy! I'd rather spend more time shooting and enjoying the game, than reloading.
With a little more work, this could be a GREAT mod! I'd also like to see a few RPG servers set up for this mod. Now THAT would be fun!
I've played every single Matto mod released to date and was really excited when this one came out, but I've tried installing it and the patch several times and it WILL NOT load the campaign! It only loads the FC intro movie and the FC campaigns! :eek: WTF! I really wanted to play this! :( :(
I never had this problem with any of the other Matto mods! So why is it happening now!? I PROPERLY updated FC all the way to 1.4. :eyebrow:
I need HELP!!
*sniff* I really wanted to play with that Aug...
Um... it would be nice if you actually had a description and some pictures. There's no way I'm just going to download something and put it on my computer, without knowing what it is, or if Im actually interested in it.
Now this IS better than the other player models, especially that guy with the big helmet. The legs and hips are well blended together, so they don't look like pegs glued on. However, the polies are still a bit low. This isn't HL1 guys. You need to go a little farther than this. The arms need a lot of work, they are especially blocky.
Might as well hang a bulls eye around his neck. Try a green brown instead of neon green.
I just noticed it was released at 40%
The description above looks like a 12 year old with ADHD on a sugar high wrote it.
It doesn't even make any sense... he's just babbling on and on like a hyperactive child with an overactive imagination, completely unaware that his asinine ramblings are like nails on a chalkboard to everyone around him.
I looked at the pictures, then noticed the 6.8 score and thought, “What the heck, I’ll give it a shot.” Then I read halfway through the description… because that’s all I could take, before I started feeling dizzy from the sheer stupidity. Doesn’t ModDB have an age requirement, before you can post a mod?
How old is he? If he really is a little kid, I'm very surprised he pulled off finishing any HL2 mod at all! People don’t take them seriously when they want to mod… for obvious reasons. LOL
Im about to try this mod and it sounds wicked!
From the sound of it, this mod would completely dominate other mods if it had multiplayer coop support! I'd love to play a mod like this along side a good buddy on the hardest difficulty! Watching eachothers backs, sharing ammo clips, using practiced stratigic manuvers, or even one having to leave the other in a hiding place while you go try to find a medical kit for him because he's dying! Man... talk about the ultimate gaming experience!!!
I got really excited until I realised this is just another deathmatch mod. Yuck! I like fighting allong side a team mate. More fun that way. If there were some way to ally with someone, that would be a start... but just running around aimlessly killing players, without any other reason for it other than that, gets really old really fast, and feels like a complete waste of time. Give me an objective... or a mission goal.
Why is everything so blocky and low res?
I just don't like the pics Im seeing in this gallery. The texutres all either look flat or generic, with no shading or anything. Like for instance, the round brass things at the bottom of those objects, have a flat texture and it makes it look crappy. All you need to do is take some pictures of some peices of furnature, edit them slightly, then apply them. Its not THAT hard. It looks like very little time was spent on these maps. Sorry, but Im not interested until you get some nice textures and the objects in your maps and the maps themselves look less blocky, but higher res instead. Take advantage of the HL2 engine, otherwise not many people will play this mod.
That clock looks like crap.... and the floor tile textures are all blurry. Did you guys put any time at all into the maps?
Why didn't you fix the drawer handles from simple squares to more complex rounded shapes? That would have been nice. :(
Why does the damn look so fake? Is it just because of the way it was rendered or something?
This looks like ****....
Ew... all these guns look blocky and low res. If the guns look like like this when its done, Im not going to play it. Sorry, but I didn't pay nearly $300 for a nice video card to play low res games.
As much as I'd like to use it, no one else has a gravity gun. There's only one of them and Gordon has it.... or does this story take place before or after the first part of the story, starring Gordon Freeman? If its not, Barney or who ever stars in this story has no business packing one. Its a hole in the plot, big enough to drive a mac truck through.
Very nice models, but I personally don't like berettas because they only do 9mm damage, which is like a paper cut to a zombie. Are there going to be any .45 pistols in this game?
you might want you round off the points on those joints.
Good attempt for a first time mod... but they don't look very scary at all. The skins are very blurry with no detail. Sorry, but I'm finding a lot of these player and npc skins to be of this quality. I really hope once you get this mod released, someone will release some higher quality models.
I love the direction you guys are going with this mod, and it’s a GREAT idea! We need more RPGs! I’ve been playing this mod for a week, and unfortunately there are MANY problems!!!
1. The key combos for the ninja don’t work most of the time and even if you do use them, you’re dead before you can complete the combo even if you are fast at it. (Yes, I’m doing it correctly. Yes, I have a good keyboard. Yes, none of my keys are stuck. No I’m not talking about skills like Helltime that are only successful a certain percentage of the time.) The game just doesn’t respond most of the time. I’m begging you, please allow the player to assign skills to different keys! Having to practice key strokes just so you CAN play a game is stupid. I’ve never understood the use of key combinations on any game… when there are much better ways to use skills with assigned keys? I usually avoid games that use key combinations since I hate this so much, and a lot of other people do to. Its really unfortunate that you chose to use them… please, PLEASE, change this?!
2. The wilderness is extremely plain, and it all looks the same. There’s nothing but flat terrain that’s all one texture, and a few dead trees… There needs to be different elevations, more texture usage, rocks, cliffs, valleys, gullies, rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, swamps with water and mud, etc.
3. The experience starts to count backwards after a short while, making it impossible to finish the game.
4. I’ve read about ninjitsu and one day I’d like to learn a little bit of it, so I’m more familiar than most with this form of martial arts, and the ninja in this mod is anything but accurate. First of all, “katana” is the name for a certain size of a Japanese sword. There should be other sizes. Katana is largest, wakazashi is medium, and tanto is smallest (I think). When he uses the katana, he just swings it around, like he has no idea what he’s doing. Also, most of the skills of the ninja in this mod don’t have anything to do with ninjas. Some research should be done on them and better skills added. I have a good place to start, a small online book about the art of ninjitsu. If you’d like, I’d be more than glad to send it to you. :) Even if it’s small, I’d like to contribute anything I can to this mod. I’d really like to see it go somewhere. There’s some truly incredible things ninjas are capable of doing, like hiding in plain site, advanced forms of meditation, walking, running, jumping, landing, and rolling without making any noise, jumping off walls, picking locks, observing enemies, planning attacks, climbing up a pipe an inch thick up several stories, etc. They also practice very effective ways of disarming and quickly killing an opponent, even if they have been caught and are being held at gunpoint, turned around with their hands against a wall. They practice ways of imitating common objects like rocks, chairs, etc, bending and manipulating their bodies to allow them to hide right in front of someone, using the darkness so all you see is a shape. There are ways they use objects to trick the human eye, like crouching between two tall objects, causing the human eye to miss them. There’s a LOT more. There is tons of information out there that can be used to greatly enhance this character.
5. There should be other quests that take you into the wilderness… the dungeon thing is great but… the wilderness can be just as fun. I prefer leveling out in the wilderness than in the dungeon. The farther out I go the harder the monsters get, so I can take my time, and slowly adjust how hard the challenge is, or go after really hard monsters to build up some cash.
6. The player should only have to identify magical items, not normal or used items… but still, in this mod you have to use a scroll for EVERY item you find, whether its magical or not. This is really annoying.
And please, add more quests? :)
I've decided to hold off on giving this mod a score, since it's no where near finished. I'm going to wait till a lot more has been accomplished.