This member has provided no bio about themself...
It will be on a new map or on the Tatooine map for now?
New game build on Unity.
And as we are speaking about lighting: only one of the two suns cast shadows. Can you add another directional light for the second sun? Most of the Star Wars games I've seen don't do it, so I don't know if it is an engine limitation or they just forgot or they didn't even think about it. If you can, then you can set the two directional lights with less intensity than normal, so they won't burn the whole map into whiteness.
Also the two suns look and behave differently, which looks strange.
Those two are probably not really important at this point, so look at them at your leisure.
Look into the Files tab.
Way too black. I suspect you're using pure black (0, 0, 0), which you should avoid. At the very least use (1, 1, 1), maybe even slightly more in this case.
0s mess up the lighting, especially if it is (0, 0, 0). If you look at it, you'll see that the model looks almost like a silhouette. And no matter how much light you dump on it, it'll always look that way. If I remember correctly, it is because the renderer uses multiplication in the formula to show the color and multiplying by 0 is always 0. So it'll always stay pure black no matter what, like a silhouette.
Besides, no normal object is completely black, which is another reason not to use it. Look at the image of Tie pilot on Wookiepdia; if you use a color picker on it, you'll see that the colors are various shades of gray (all three numbers equal or very similar to each other) and all of them are bigger than 0. The lowest RGB I found was around (4,4,2).
Unless you have a way to show the fps, we can't really tell you. At least I can't.
But I've noticed that some of the bots stand in one place, which probably means that the computer can't update the AI of all of them. Dunno if it is because my PC is weak or other people have the same problem.
I didn't have any problems with Respawn and I didn't see the "The Empire took over" message this time, so you probably fixed it.
Here are some more issues I encountered:
- In a starfighter, when you collide with something, change the direction. The new direction could be the opposite, or a random one, or something else. But if it is the same, then you can get stuck on a surface (or a plane), constantly hitting it and you can't escape, since you can't stop and rotate. I experienced it and at least one bot have it too. The issue is with the TIE-Fighters. I haven't tested with X-wings.
- You can't get out of the pits in SD's bridge. I think other games' solution was to put ramps.
- While I was walking in Mon Cal's hanger, its turbolasers (or were they Nebulon-B's turbolasers?) were shooting at me. It was kinda funny. You might have to set them up to ignore targets which are inside capital ships and shoot only at ships and fighters outside.
I hope this helps.
P.S. I haven't played a full match yet. A later I'll play one or two.
Some controls missed in the Controls.txt file:
- Mouse scroll Wheel - change between 1st/3rd Person view. Works even in the starfighter.
- Shift (Hold) - sprint. In starfighter does nothing as far as I can tell.
- M (Hold) - shows the map.
Some UI suggestions (you might thought up already):
- In the map show which direction you are facing. Right now it is a circle and it's a little bit confusing, especially if you don't know the map.
- When you are inside of the big ships, the map probably should show the layout of the ship and not the whole map. This could work for other potentially big buildings like the Jabba's Palace. Or the map could be on two/three levels or be somewhat hierarchical: the local map (the ship) and the bigger map - the normal map.
- It will be nice to show on the map the location and direction of the soldiers, whether they are engaging and so on (just like in the old Battlefront games).
- You don't know when you capture a point - no visual or audio indication. In short: the player can't know if he's capturing the point, where the border is, is it contested, etc.
Some issues I found:
- I managed to go through a wall (window actually) once on the Mon Calamari ship and go outside. Couldn't return back though. The bots are doing it regularly.
- Also, you can shoot through the said window. Not sure it should be that way.
- Respawn in the menu is broken. The player can't move and shoot. Even restarting the level won't help (bots are also frozen.). The only way to solve it is to exit the game and launch it again. Better to remove the button for now or fix the issue.
- At some point the message "The Empire took over" is displayed and the same thing hapens - you can't move and you have to restart. I don't know when that message is trigered, so I can't give you further feedback for that.
I hope this helps.
Yes, it is Unity.
It is written on the main page on the side where the profile of the game is (Icon, Platform, Creator, ENGINE, Contact, etc.). Just so you know where to look in the future and know right away. ;)
Oh, the good old days of Star Wars: Racer...
Eriadu. Tarkin's homeworld and probably could be considered the Outer Rim's capital because of him.
Other than that, pretty much any planet controlled by Empire could do: Sullust, Kuat, Fondor, even Lothal or Endor. I don't think that "homestead" should translate exactly to Capital of the Empire or major Imperial world. It could be an Imperial aligned world or the Empire could just have a base there. In this case a lot of planets would do.
Not sure how some of these would work in Total War though.
You can also try to create another Moddb account or two and upload the files with them.
He meant the old Clone Wars (2003-2005) by Genndy Tartakovky, not the newer 3D one from Dave Filoni and George Lucas.
" have to make sure the scripts/hotspots would work in later versions of the game."
That's impossible in most cases. The game is an alpha version, so everything is subject to change. And even a beta or the fully completed and released game can't guarantee this. An update may come which could brake some of your mod's functionality: a function deprecated or straight out deleted, or its behavior has changed. Maybe you relied on the behavior of a bug (regardless whether you knew that or not) and that bug got finally fixed.
As for Photoshop, you likely don't need it. There are free products like GIMP that you can use.
As for the skyboxes, you could try to create/generate your own. I'm sure there are tutorials and tools for creating them in Maya, Blender, etc. Also found an online one with WebGL: Nutty.ca
Topic for tools to generate skyboxes: Answers.unity3d.com
I hope I helped at least a little.
Can you make one (or two, or three...) with the new maps? Just like KOTOR and Dark Times mods did.
We wouldn't mind at all if you do it. *wink, wink*
Four planets revealed so far. That doesn't mean they will be the only planets in the game. There might be more. Or those'll be all we're going to get on release. Only time will tell.
As for "Frostbite is too complex." and "Modders are too stupid to use it." I can say only one thing: GIANT, SMELLY ********! Modders have the habit of cracking even tougher nuts than Frostbite. Besides, if it was so complex DICE wouldn't be able to make their BF games. The reason there is no released DevKit for Frostbite is that EA wants to sell their DLCs. Period.
Pyongyang is in North Korea, not South. Seoul is the capital of South Korea.
The Space Pentagon resides in a prison. Hahah.
Then you see nothing wrong.
Хорошо еще, что не промпт. Там еще хуже/непонятнее/смешнее.
This happens when parents tell their kids to do their homework/chores.
or if you prefer something more cartoonish: Therumpus.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com
And lets not forget about the stork bommbers which do baby runs on innocent families.
Guys and gals. I hoped you figured it already that the "anime" Terra Formars is actually an audio book with occasional animated gifs.
Protection from the sun? Who knows, maybe even they are used as solar panels.
But I'm almost sure that initially they were put just for aesthetics.
"Peter Pan? Is that you?!?"
No, he's his evil father. (*Spoiler Alert!*)
The top cylinder looks like the bridge of CR90 corvette. The middle part is from the same (or different?) corvette. That turrent on the front or that... "thing", which I can only suspect is part of the engines, I don't recognize.
So this can definitely be classified as an "ugly".
I don't think that she's from "Hidan no Aria". The girl is differnt, the uniform is different.
Nah, you need to be a real pro to make Paint stuff look this good. It's probably just some corrupted data on the file.
I forgot about the Correlians, too. Maybe thy are the ones?