This member has provided no bio about themself...
Hi, I think something might have went wrong with your download! Try installing the v2 -> v3 upgrader. Not sure what happened, I think some files got mixed around again. The file got corrected.
I have set up a Discord for the SWAT 4 community. You can use it to communicate with other SWAT 4 players.
There are servers. Install the MarkMods server list mod. There is always at least one server full.
It sounds like you installed the files wrong.
You're supposed to copy the whole SEF folder and paste it into your SWAT 4 folder so there's three folders there - Content, ContentExpansion and SEF.
Note that The Stetchkov Syndicate is required to be installed to use this mod.
That's correct. When installed, you should have an SEF folder that is next to the Content and ContentExpansion folders.
I haven't noticed these issues, but I've developed it primarily on an English version of TSS so that might be where the problem is. I agree though about suspects, High skill suspects in particular are pretty ridiculously hard.
By 'not switch' do you mean in the campaign..? What difficulty are you playing on?
I will look into it. The problem I've had with the game is that I have no way to tell how to convert map/engine units into real world units.
The ballistics system is a bit complicated, but it functions with Newtonian physics as far as I can tell. Bullet damage is calculated by momentum (Mass * MuzzleVelocity). Each cartridge uses a different mass, each weapon uses a different muzzle velocity. FMJ bullets have twice as much mass but JHP rounds always do a minimum of 30 damage whenever they penetrate armor. Momentum falls off over distance. Armor simply reduces the amount of momentum the bullet does as it hits.
For shotguns, the Sabot slug is a single round with more mass, whereas 00 buck is scattershot with an added internal damage like JHP. In SEF, 000 buckshot is scattershot that functions similar to FMJ.
My plan with weapons is to copy all of the muzzle velocities, mass, internal damage, etc into a spreadsheet and try to rebalance everything around a particular weapon. I can use a SWAT AI officer to test how viable a weapon should be with actual results from ballistic vest tests. Of course, I also need to make sure there's no abnormalities, such as armor affecting body parts that it isn't.
- Going to make a spreadsheet with all of the information
- Then going to gather up real world analogue information from ballistic vest research
- Try to determine which weapon is the most accurate
- Use that weapon as a baseline (I used the AK47 as a baseline for muzzle velocities)
- Change everything to make sense
Random. Fairfax for instance has 4 different spawn points and only 0-1 of the traps will spawn. Same thing with static drug evidence, it's random how much will spawn, if any. (Qwik Fuel has 0-1 drug evidence spawn, although in that map it only spawns in one place. A-Bomb I think has 0-2 but in random locations)
They're there, they just don't spawn 100% of the time and only in set locations.
Fairfax for instance has 4 spawn points and can spawn 0-1 of them. Highest chance is in Taronne which spawns 0-3 of them from 6 spawn points.
I actually never had an error regarding the options menu, perhaps you can clarify? Thanks for the info though.
Can you share your fix with me? That would help a lot.
And yeah, you probably have seen me on |ETS| :p The next version of the mod will be multiplayer compatible and have some multiplayer-specific features!
If you have this issue, try downloading v1 and using the v1-to-v2 upgrade. That should fix it.
I do. :) I might be playing here soon.
You'll probably run into me at some point! I play on |ETS| as well.
Thank you! I really appreciate it when people show others this game, regardless of whether my mod is involved. I really think this game is a treasure. But enough gushing. :)
I actually think the officers have just the right balance of personality and serious demeanor. I haven't actually played SWAT 3, but I've heard a lot about it and I should dig in soon. I can understand where you're coming from though.
Hm, no, I tried to look at your comment history and didn't see anything.
I actually haven't heard of the lightstick bug until you told me, I will try and replicate it.
I usually play on |ETS| - perhaps we will meet ingame sometime!
This is something I've thought of, as well as having the player throw/shoot a grenade. It'll be a bit tricky to implement but could be doable.
They are there. Read the readme. :)
Hi, I saw your post on the download page and meant to reply. Thank you for the support.
- That doesn't seem to be a problem, as .psd files aren't used by the game.
- Extra missions and added maps need to be programmed in still.
- See above: there are no extra missions yet, so the Extra Missions will take you straight to the credits (because you've already completed them all...because there are none!)
- You're right, I've been investigating this problem for like an hour and I have no idea what's causing it as there's no logical reason it should be happening. I'll continue to poke at it and look into it.
Hey, thanks for the support!
I was thinking the same thing regarding the main menu. Although I think having the changelog of SEF somewhere in the menu is a good idea, although I will probably put the Training mission back.
I noticed the dates, I just haven't gotten around to changing them all since it's a bit of a chore to change all the dates around. But it's something I plan on doing for sure. I agree that sometimes SWAT will have to deal with some missions which are more dangerous than others, but having difficulty spikes is especially frustrating when long missions can be ended on a whim. A quicksave feature would be awesome, although I'm not sure how easily it will be to accomplish.
I'm not sure of its hard coded but it does mean that all maps would need modifying to add more spawn points and also add more stack up points on doors. It's a huge chore so I don't think I will be doing it.
You're generalizing an entire community (JKHub) based on what a relatively small fraction of the userbase does. The rules of the website do not allow for wholesale ports and we take an active effort to ensure that files on the downloads page do not break any copyright laws and/or plagiarize other people's work.
I gave Serenity numerous warnings in the past about using other people's work, it's not like I suddenly sprang this up on him. If he wanted to fix this, he'd do so instead of running away. I support the work of other modders but this is some petty feud on his part.
And what do you mean, "people like eezstreet"? You mean people that don't like their hard work being stolen from them?
I'm not a member of the mod team, so I wouldn't know.
Hey! Thanks for the plug. I was interested in reaching out to that mod and seeing if we could perhaps collaborate on something.
Most of these are ideas that I like. The only ones that I don't like:
- Heartbeat goggles. These are totally rooted in fiction, no police force uses anything like this.
- Multiplayer stuff. Mods are very very rarely used in multiplayer, and my focus was more on providing a very realistic simulator that could be used for training police officers. I have thought about fixing multiplayer though because I can see co-op coinciding with this goal.
- Reviving teammates. Again, it's not very realistic. If you get shot with a shotgun at point blank range, you're going to die no matter what.
- Mines. It might be good for multiplayer or suspect equipment, but SWAT is an infiltrative unit, not a defensive one.
- Anti-optiwand device. Not realistic.
- No ridiculous guns xD like I said, trying to maintain a serious simulation
- Picking up weapons from suspects would be a violation of protocol, but rearming from fallen officers might be okay.
- There's already some evidence that I've added that has to be secured. See the changelog for more details. :)
- Hit sounds? What do you mean?
- I haven't played SWAT 3, so you might need to clarify on this stuff
- You can already issue COVER and MIRROR CORNER commands, so "crouch here", "look/aim", and "lean on" commands aren't very useful.
Ideas which I liked the most:
- Suspects freeing each other. Maybe even a suspect giving another suspect a backup weapon.
- Fixing the P90 first person view. Because yes, it looks very strange indeed.
- Bomb belt. I'd also like for suspects to try suicide by cop also or to try and use civilians as human shields.
- Kit needed to defuse a bomb. I like this because it forces the player to make tactical decisions.
- Iron sights.
- Armored doors and battering rams.
- Ballistic shield
Custom skins for the SWAT officers could be possible. I'd have to look into it.
The VIP Colt M1911 is a selectable piece of equipment in singleplayer with this mod. :)
Most of the guns are missing faces on the right side, so it wouldn't really work.