This member has provided no bio about themself...
This is pretty much the Resident Evil remake I wish Capcom would make (well, not anymore). Thank you very much for making this mod; it is nothing short of incredible, and I cannot wait to shoot proper enemies in the full release! :)
Thank you for the response.
Hello, I am sorry if this has been asked before, but will 1.1 be the final version of this mod for COH 1? Thank you.
You are very welcome; I am happy to help.
Hello, is there possibility of getting a gameplay video of the combat; perhaps between some of the different factions? Thank you.
It goes without saying; therefore it is quite peculiar that you chose to say it.
It happens to the best of us. The interface sure is shaping up nicely though. :)
Does the description mean the Sovereign or will the Eclipse also be featured?
Could the Shahab-3 perhaps get a price reduction to around 3/6/9? Currently, I feel that it is not worth the risk due to its propensity for catastrophic failures. :D
Also, could the AI version of the missile please be immune to failures, or not be used by the AI at all? The AI has a tendency of repeatably destroying its own SAM site (along with everything else in spawn).
On a side note, the Osprey is awesome; I cannot wait to see what units will be added next. Thanks for the continued support on this excellent mod. :)
Hello, I found some more bugs for some of the ships:
1. Star Destroyer:
* Engines cannot be manned.
* Aesthetic: the person manning the weapons is not at the terminal.
2. Slave 1:
* Engines cannot be manned.
* Shields cannot be manned.
* Aesthetic: fourth equipped weapon floats below the fuel indicator at top left of screen. Also, some of the terminals and part of the med room float in space (but probably cannot be helped as the ship's rooms are small).
3. Ships with two weapons including the Venator and Lucrehulk do not have an auto-fire button for weapons. Additionally, the Lucrehulk has a similar bug as Slave 1 with the first weapon equipped floating below the fuel indicator at top left of screen.
4. Victory Class Star Destroyer:
* Aesthetic: person manning engines not at terminal.
5. Mon Calamari Frigate:
* Aesthetic: person manning steering/bridge not at terminal.
Not a problem. Thanks for the great mod! :)
Hello, I found some bugs:
1. The Broadside Cruiser's engines cannot be manned.
2. The Lucrehulk has no external doors (to space).
Thanks, I am looking forward to it.
Is the Ka-52 finally being added? :3
I have being enjoying 4.4.2; I especially love the buildable Tomahawk launchers, although I was wondering if it would be possible to make the Tomahawk Missile launchers not have to face their targets to fire so that the missiles do not have to launch forward and then have to turn 180 degrees to get to the map edge (if the launcher is not placed near a map corner)?
Thanks for confirming that the problem is on my end. Its looks like I will have to solve this problem myself, but I am sure I will figure something out as I need my Modern Warfare fix (no pun intended). I really appreciate your efforts and willingness to help me though. :)
Thanks for the help blahdy; unfortunately, that gives me the same 21FC error. I recently performed a fresh install of windows 7 on the computer, so that may be the problem.
I have been trying to install this mod on another computer and I keep getting: Modern Warfare\Modern Warfare.SDF: This file contains invalid data (error 21FC) when using installers and check-sum/corrupted file errors when using the manual files. I have windows 7 64-bit and I have tried using both Internet Explorer 11 and the latest version of Goggle Chrome as well as both Gamefront and Moddb servers for the downloads. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
So that's how you get your sick kicks! All this time I thought you made mods to spread happiness and joy throughout the Star Wars gaming community! Now that your web of deceit has been unsown, I fear that I have become far too disillusioned to ever play a Star Wars mod again.
In all seriousness: may we please at least get teased once again by a teaser image for a teaser trailer in the hopes that we will once again become teased for the frequently teased release date of this mod?
I honestly would not mind if this mod was released right now. All I need completed are Imperial II Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers... along with nice death clones for everything else. :P
Thank you for the response; I did not know much about cruise missiles, and that is precisely why I did not make any claims about them.
Thank you for the response blahdy.
Regarding the cruise missiles, while I respect the development team's decision, I have to disagree. I enjoy this mod for the realistic physics and believable behavior the the weapon systems portrayed in it; I believe that the scale of the game is of no consequence, and in fact only enhances gameplay by increasing the frequency of engagements. If a cruise missile can follow a linear path in real-life, I feel as if though it should have the option to in-game.
While I love the current path the cruise missile takes due to the its tactical advantage, I don't think that a reason for its implementation should be to make the missile's travel time longer.
I would like to thank the dev. team for the latest release; I am really enjoying it! :)
If I may make a few suggestions:
1. Could an expert version also be made for the Mi-24 (thanks again for adding that second expert Apache load-out)? I just feel that the beginner versions of all helicopters are pretty useless, and are actually harder to use without getting shot down in comparison to the expert versions.
2. Can a second script be made for the Tomahawk cruise missile which sends the missile on the most direct route possible by using a second ability on the launcher? I think such a change will enhance gameplay by allowing a player to make a tactical decision based on the amount of AA in the target area and missile course, and would make simultaneous launches of cruise missiles more effective when there is little concern for a few getting shot down. I do not know if it is possible for one ability to activate and cancel out another, but two different launchers could be made as a last resort.
3. Could the Spiral Missiles on the Mi-28 please be given a higher launch trajectory? I feel as if though they very frequently miss targets, even while the helicopter is flying at reasonably high altitudes, such as over 2-3 story buildings.
4. Although the AI has been improved significantly, it often ignores command points around spawns and never appears to capture large 3-4 ring command points, such as the starting command posts on the US side on the Hometown and Space Needle maps. I do not know if this is possible, but could the AI be given a higher priory for capturing the points? I usually play with the aggressive bots, but are the balanced ones better?
Additionally, can the AI be made to use more units, and perhaps even TA call-ins?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I remember making a comment about the lights a while ago! Although a obscure detail, I am glad that the lights are finally fixed. :)
I too cannot wait to play this mod. Indeed, the quality of the models and particles are really unparalleled by any Star Wars Mod I have ever seen!
I was wondering, is there any advantage of using the Pantsir over the Tor besides having more simultaneous target engagement channels and ability to turn radar off? I usually just use the Tor for its ability to shoot down PGMs.
I suggested a Su-27 support ability just because I do not think you can call on air superiority fighters as RU (I merely mentioned the Tor because it does not have a offensive ability).
I am not sure, but I do not think that you can call on air superiority fighters as Russia. I know that the Avenger can call on F-22s, so I would think that the Tor would be able to call on Su-27s, but it cannot.
I think the Su-35 was never added because very few were produced.
Thank you for the responses blahdy.
I believe I found a bug with the Mi-28's Spiral missiles. It appears that when firing from great distances, the missiles continuously explode just short of the targeted vehicle. Perhaps the engagement range for the helicopter is greater than the maximum range of the missile?
As for the recently unveiled Tomahawk, I think that it is absolutely incredible, and I cannot wait to use it! It looks like it was rather time-consuming to code for, so I would like to thank the developers for their efforts!
On another note, is there any possibility that we may see a nuclear warhead equipped cruise missile for the US? I know that the W80 nuclear warhead was used for awhile on Tomahawks. Although the warhead was recently decommissioned, I think it would be fun for both factions to have access to nukes, especially since the delivery systems would differ between the two. After all, it technically is not realistic to give the US ground-launched cruise missiles anyway. :)
I am enjoying the current version can cannot wait for your next release. While there are some who are expressing uncertainty regarding the originality of some of your assets, I for one believe you and I am certain that there are many others who share that belief. What I can also say for certain is that that you are working on this mod for no profit, and that the full release of this mod is going to make many Halo fans happy. Please keep working on this project and do not let anyone discourage you (I for one cannot wait to see the Elites :) ).
Thank you for the help moopshoot; reinstalling FTL worked.
version 1.3 does not appear to work with Slipstream Mod Manager 1.4. I get this error when patching:
Patching failed: org.jdom2.JDOMException: While processing "data.dat:data/events.xml (wrapped)", strict parsing failed, then sloppy parsing failed: Error on line 3456: At line 3456, column 1: Unexpected characters.