This member has provided no bio about themself...
Thank you for the response; I did not know much about cruise missiles, and that is precisely why I did not make any claims about them.
Thank you for the response blahdy.
Regarding the cruise missiles, while I respect the development team's decision, I have to disagree. I enjoy this mod for the realistic physics and believable behavior the the weapon systems portrayed in it; I believe that the scale of the game is of no consequence, and in fact only enhances gameplay by increasing the frequency of engagements. If a cruise missile can follow a linear path in real-life, I feel as if though it should have the option to in-game.
While I love the current path the cruise missile takes due to the its tactical advantage, I don't think that a reason for its implementation should be to make the missile's travel time longer.
I would like to thank the dev. team for the latest release; I am really enjoying it! :)
If I may make a few suggestions:
1. Could an expert version also be made for the Mi-24 (thanks again for adding that second expert Apache load-out)? I just feel that the beginner versions of all helicopters are pretty useless, and are actually harder to use without getting shot down in comparison to the expert versions.
2. Can a second script be made for the Tomahawk cruise missile which sends the missile on the most direct route possible by using a second ability on the launcher? I think such a change will enhance gameplay by allowing a player to make a tactical decision based on the amount of AA in the target area and missile course, and would make simultaneous launches of cruise missiles more effective when there is little concern for a few getting shot down. I do not know if it is possible for one ability to activate and cancel out another, but two different launchers could be made as a last resort.
3. Could the Spiral Missiles on the Mi-28 please be given a higher launch trajectory? I feel as if though they very frequently miss targets, even while the helicopter is flying at reasonably high altitudes, such as over 2-3 story buildings.
4. Although the AI has been improved significantly, it often ignores command points around spawns and never appears to capture large 3-4 ring command points, such as the starting command posts on the US side on the Hometown and Space Needle maps. I do not know if this is possible, but could the AI be given a higher priory for capturing the points? I usually play with the aggressive bots, but are the balanced ones better?
Additionally, can the AI be made to use more units, and perhaps even TA call-ins?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I remember making a comment about the lights a while ago! Although a obscure detail, I am glad that the lights are finally fixed. :)
I too cannot wait to play this mod. Indeed, the quality of the models and particles are really unparalleled by any Star Wars Mod I have ever seen!
I was wondering, is there any advantage of using the Pantsir over the Tor besides having more simultaneous target engagement channels and ability to turn radar off? I usually just use the Tor for its ability to shoot down PGMs.
I suggested a Su-27 support ability just because I do not think you can call on air superiority fighters as RU (I merely mentioned the Tor because it does not have a offensive ability).
I am not sure, but I do not think that you can call on air superiority fighters as Russia. I know that the Avenger can call on F-22s, so I would think that the Tor would be able to call on Su-27s, but it cannot.
I think the Su-35 was never added because very few were produced.
Thank you for the responses blahdy.
I believe I found a bug with the Mi-28's Spiral missiles. It appears that when firing from great distances, the missiles continuously explode just short of the targeted vehicle. Perhaps the engagement range for the helicopter is greater than the maximum range of the missile?
As for the recently unveiled Tomahawk, I think that it is absolutely incredible, and I cannot wait to use it! It looks like it was rather time-consuming to code for, so I would like to thank the developers for their efforts!
On another note, is there any possibility that we may see a nuclear warhead equipped cruise missile for the US? I know that the W80 nuclear warhead was used for awhile on Tomahawks. Although the warhead was recently decommissioned, I think it would be fun for both factions to have access to nukes, especially since the delivery systems would differ between the two. After all, it technically is not realistic to give the US ground-launched cruise missiles anyway. :)
I am enjoying the current version can cannot wait for your next release. While there are some who are expressing uncertainty regarding the originality of some of your assets, I for one believe you and I am certain that there are many others who share that belief. What I can also say for certain is that that you are working on this mod for no profit, and that the full release of this mod is going to make many Halo fans happy. Please keep working on this project and do not let anyone discourage you (I for one cannot wait to see the Elites :) ).
Thank you for the help moopshoot; reinstalling FTL worked.
version 1.3 does not appear to work with Slipstream Mod Manager 1.4. I get this error when patching:
Patching failed: org.jdom2.JDOMException: While processing "data.dat:data/events.xml (wrapped)", strict parsing failed, then sloppy parsing failed: Error on line 3456: At line 3456, column 1: Unexpected characters.
You are very welcome Scott. Thank you for your hard work!
I was wondering if you will give the Wehrmacht a StG 44 and MG 42 class? I am mentioning the MG-42, because the FG 42 was not really a machine gun, but rather a automatic rifle with a small magazine (20 rounds) and heavy recoil.
I also think that the MP-40 should be given to the German Engineer class for more weapon variety, and because the MP 40 saw very widespread use. Regardless, please keep up the great work; I am very much looking forward to this mod!
That is great to read! Thank you blahdy! :)
I was wondering that too. The ai does not appear to reinforce quite frequently. Perhaps it waits until it reaches the reinforcement point maximum?
The problem might be solved if the ai received point refunds more quickly than human players, or if it could be programmed to call for reinforcements at a lower point threshold.
I believe I found a bug with the Apache's AIM-92 Stinger missiles: they appear to impact a target, but do not do any damage.
Thanks for the response blahdy. Is there any possibility that additional non-networked artillery units will be added for support in the future?
Hello, will the first release will include all of the factions announced thus far, or is it too early to say? I was also wondering if the development team is planning to implement all of the custom content for each faction before a first release, such as custom icons, etc.? I personally do not care for such content, but I can understand if the developers would like to have a fully polished first release. Regardless, this mod is shaping up quite nicely and I cannot wait to play it! Thank you!
I was wondering why the US ballistic missile launcher is only available as a call in, but is not available for purchase for the support role (the Russian equivalent is)?
Sigh...I wish the Lucrehulks received a realistic fighter complement. :P
I am really enjoying this mod and would like to thank the developers!
Unfortunately, whenever I select the Star Destroyer, the Eclipse, or the Mon Calamari Cruiser, the game crashes to my desktop (I tried all of the versions too).
Thanks for the response. I have never experienced this bug until the latest 1.82 version, but I am sure that the new version should not affect this mod.
I am not sure if I can help, but I encountered this bug while spamming a fleet of Rejuvenators (about 30) while fighting the Empire. Many of the planets I attacked also had gravity well generators of their own. I also noticed in the unit card for the Rejuvenator that it said "hyperspace disabled," in red even when there were no enemy gravity well generators (the Rejuvenators could still hyperspace though).
I believe I found a bug: the gravity well generator on the Rejuvenator Star Destroyer does not appear to be working and ships within its radius can still hyperspace away (I made sure to research it and I am not using the add-on in which the gravity well generators only delay jumps).
Okay, this post will perhaps be the most ridiculous, nit-picky post of all time: I noticed that the Star Destroyer (as seen in the latest news post) is missing a "lights" texture on its lowest layer below the command deck, but above the triangular part of its "body." Both the ISD I and II have the same problem.
I would like to thank you for adding "Carnage Mode"! I cannot wait to play it along with the new "Siege Mode" in the upcoming version (I love the names by the way)!
Wow, this looks great! I cannot wait to play it! :)
The pre-alpha may be the greatest game I have ever played. Indeed, the storyline and gameplay were masterfully designed and executed. Being able to control my favorite charter of all time as he embarked on a journey of epic proportions brought a tear to my eye, as I have never before beheld the degree of perfection demonstrated by this game. I was at a loss for words, only being able to mutter, "pure beauty" as I played. I cannot begin to fathom what I will experience with the first full release. I would like to thank the mod team for making my dreams a reality.
Thank you for the response Corey.
1) I was referring to a generic MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser, and not Admiral Ackbar's specific ship the Independence.
2) I believe that Sins of a Galactic Empire got around the limit by making titans a call in ability rather than buildable, but as you said, balancing will probably be the greater concern.
Thanks again; I cannot wait to play this mod.
Hello, I had a couple of questions regarding this mod and would greatly appreciate a response:
1) Is there any possibility of the Home One being added as a capital ship for the New Republic? I think it would be interesting if it functioned as a command/support ship which would increase the effectiveness of nearby ships through the use of its abilities.
2) Has a decision been made regarding the Imperial Remnant's titans build limit? I personally would like to see a build limit of two while allowing a player to build any combination of the two titans (such as two Executors, a Sovereign and a Executor, etc.) as it would serve the Imperial Remnant's play-style well, but then again it might be too overpowered.
3) How will the fighters be balanced? For example, will there be any advantages to using TIE Fighters over TIE Interceptors or Y-Wings over K-Wings? I would imagine that lower quality fighters will have faster build times and will be available only on earlier era ships, but will certain fighters, such as the TIE Defender, also have build limits on each ship they are buildable on?
I would like to once again thank the development team for this mod, as I love great Star Wars mods. :)
Hello, I was wondering if the Probe droid will be a vehicle, or an equipment?
As for the AT-ST, it is simply the greatest looking one I have ever seen in a game! As for its animation it looks a little stiff to me. Perhaps the thin piece of metal connecting the rest of the leg to the chassis should have a wider arc of motion? That along with a longer stride may help to keep the AT-ST's head more leveled. I would like to hear others opinions though.
Even at this early stage I can tell that this game is shaping up to be the greatest Star Wars game in some time! I would like to thank the development team once again for their time and effort; I cannot wait to see a fully animated AT-AT in all of its high-polygon CryENGINE glory!