I'm a Passionate 3D Artist constantly trying to improve my skills & Help others to make amazing Art. I Specialize in Hard Surface Modeling & Prop Creation for Next Gen & Mobile Games. I'm looking for a Full Time Job in Australia & would love to work in a AAA or Mobile Studio. I use Industry Standard tools such as : Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop as well as Games Engines such as Unity, UDK & CryEngine 3.
Posted by CarlK3D on Jul 3rd, 2013
UDK by default is a FPS (First Person Shooter) but not everything created in UDK is an FPS.
Other popular game view modes are Top down for strategy games or 3rd Person for a different style of Shooter/RPG
To setup 3rd Person mode :
1. Setup your basic scene
2. go to View/ World Properties/ Game Type/ Default Game Type/ utgame
3. Open Unreal Kismet under View/ UnrealKismet or the Green K Icon on your Shortcut Tray
4. 3 things are needed to set up 3rd person modes
- Level Loaded (New Event/ Level Loaded)
- Console Command (New Action/ Misc/ Console Command)
- Player (New Variable/ Player/ Player)
5. Simply Connect Loaded & Visible + Beginning of level into “In” in console command
Target plugs into All Players
6. To enable 3rd person View select Console Command and under Seq Act Console Command/Commands type “behindview”
7. Build AI Paths and your done