Some guy from Russia, trying to learn how to speak English properly and doing a lot better in translations from it.
Mod Review on Apr 28th, 2014
No review provided
Mod Review on May 11th, 2013 - 1 person agrees
7/10 good fighting experience not without flaws, can be tedious sometimes.
Needs more unavoidable fight situations.
I mean I won most of the fights by corner ninja method - stay out of battle area if possible and shoot behind a corner. Good example is a small cabin with glass windows in a first fight - I just waited for Combine soldiers to go up a ramp and meet my buckshot into face.
Needs more calm moments in between fights.
I mean come on this non stop action is not good for HL based mod. Good example is a first hunter battle - casual players will probably ragequit at this point. Where is exploration moments?
Needs more reason in map building.
I had a feeling of playing series of rooms connected together. I discovered rebel soldiers in Combine locked area (?). I discovered gravity gun occasionally just to remove an energy barrier and later discovered there was no containment for zombies from other side at all.
Game Review on Nov 25th, 2011 - 3 people agree 5 people don't
Basically, big graphic overhaul for Oblivion. Same problems though.
- UI. You can't assign anything at numeric keys. You got that Q button which helps you change weapon in three steps instead of one.
- Bad animations. Horse riding is pain to watch after M&B and RDR. And you still can't fight mounted!
- Unbelievable NPC behavior. Repetitive quotes -- beyond belief. Stealth is a joke again. "I think I heard something!" -- No ****???
- Scale of the world is just not enough for desirable epicness. Everything is feels very tight like taking place in your backyard.
- Questionable level design. Unavoidable fights, which are triggered and you can't avoid them. (so much for stealth)
- Whole big world revolves around YOU. That lazy bastards, can't do anything without you. And of course they trust you first time they ever see you.
- Dialogues is poetic and beautiful. "Oh hi, stranger, go to X, bring me Y". Somebody was disappointed with Fallout 3? Really?
- Questionable design for leveling. Perks is great innovation, but the main and secondary skills are gone? Gaining experience at everything -- in Elder Scrolls game?
This game is stuck in 2006. It's good but not great -- same scale, same problems. And overall feeling -- it is... sketchy.
Real MUST PLAYS for PC so far:
Battlefield 3 (when not CTD)