This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by Anywhere on
hello! our team decided we will add illustrated scenes. it will take a while before it gets used in the game but it takes a long time so i think it's best to start with it now. i couldn't manage to find someone for animating the environment yet, so i hoped someone out here would be able to help us.
it's a revenue share project, however we are opening a website within 3 months and we will also share the donations we get to the members.
i am mostly searching for people who don't seem to have a lot of experience working in these kind of subjects but are willing to give it a shot and see it as something new and exciting and are motivated to work on it, so if you are new to such projects please don't worry we accept you!
but we do have requirements, they are not too strict it's just that you need to have examples of your artwork. if it's good enough, you can join! just drop a note or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
the scenes that have to be animated are to be found somewhere in the end of the story (however, we didn't finish the story yet, there's a lot to be written still!)
what we are looking for (this won't be done by one person, every point is done by someone else):
1. someone who can animate the environment.
2. someone who can make a sketch of the environment.
3. someone who can color/shade the environment.
what we already have:
1. someone who makes the skeleton/base animation of the characters.
2. someone who colors/shades the character.
3. someone who makes the line art and details the character.
4. someone who does the line art of the environment.
though we are not sure yet if the girl who is going to shade the characters will do the shading of the characters or the environment, i am going to discuss it with her.
= GAME DETAILS =
we are working mostly on the story for girl1 so far, here it is: Docs.google.com
and some extra information about the game (game summary, magic skills for the girls, character personality)
these are the 8 characters right now:
Genre: Fantasy Action RPG.
the game has 8 playable characters. each with a different element, weapon and story:
- girl1: light, sword and shield.
- girl2: poison, daggers.
- girl3: fire, katars.
- girl4: blood, scythe.
- girl5: nature, lance.
- girl6: ice, instruments.
- girl7: thunder, bow and arrow.
- girl8: dark, two handed sword.
link to title screen:
= WHAT NEEDS TO BE ANIMATED =
1. after someone made the sketch/lineart for the full background or maybe even coloured and shaded it (it's seen from the girl's perspective. behind the girl is a wall but we don't have to draw what's behind the girl. what's in front of the girl is: there's a wall on the left, a wall on the right, and a wall straight forward to the girl. giant hourglasses against the walls at the sides, those are the ones that light up. to the wall straight forward is a giant church clock/tower. the hourglasses are not filled with sand but with light sparkles. the walls are painted rich and royal but with plain colors (example: black background, white pattern). someone else will draw the time writer and girl8 on.), the lights need to be turned on.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO ANIMATE: we have to make the lights turn on bit by bit, meaning we will make a shadow around each hourglass which will represent the parts of the room that are not lit up being dark. we will start with th first left and the first right hourglass, second, third, fourth, done. when the first hourglasses are being lit up, the rest of the room is still dark, when the second hourglasses are being lit up, the first AND second part of the room are lit up, and the third and fourth are dark, etc.
2. this is the part where girl1 looks around the room. meaning, we have to show the player/viewer what the girl sees. as i said before, girl1 flinched from her fall. so she has trouble getting her mind on track, and tries to explore the room. what we have to do here is we have to move from one part of the room to another, the screen moves slow and a little bit shakey, considering she just woke up from a high fall. until it stops where the time writer and girl8 stand (the giant church clock/tower). it stops instantly and zooms in.
3. you'll have to animate the time hole behind the writer. the time hole looks like a basic round clock with swirling circles inside.
4. now we have to draw the background behind girl1. it's basically just a wall like the others but with no extra's. once everyone is done with that, we have to draw the girl on (Her body doesn't move because she's shocked, this also shows on her face.) and then comes the part you'll need to animate: is basically just zooming in on the girl, but the background needs to move with it!
5. (For a few seconds you see girl1 being shocked, but there is a short distance between the running and the camera focusing on her face (it happens very quick). She runs towards the time writer. In her body movement and face expression need to be visible she's scared and she has the feeling her attempt is doomed to fail but is willing to give it a shot to save her twin sister): to be honest, i am not sure which angle this needs to happen from. if you have any ideas please feel free to tell me.
6. (When she reaches the time writer he pushes her to the wall. When he does that, there is a distance between the girl and the time writer. Basically what happens here is it looks like he summons something. A power that pushes her to the wall and is so strong that it makes a hole in it.) meaning, we have to draw the background so the time writer and girl1 are visible/fit in it. it's also depending on the angle we are going to take for the last point. the time hole is also still on the background. the time writer then jumps in the time hole, but you won't have to animate that.
7. you see girl1 from the front, she's pushed into the hole so the camera basically zooms into the background that was first behind girl1 until she's smashed into the wall and you see this: Cdn.blizzardwatch.com though not as still as this. it needs to be animated but it's going quite fast.
8. camera focuses on one of the clocks.
= SCENE SUMMARY =
Basically what is going to happen is girl becomes smaller in each frame and falls into the dark background until you don't see her anymore. You don't see her hitting the floor in the scene. All she sees so far is darkness. When the lights of the clocks turn on, it's not instant: first one clock light up a part of the room, and then the others quickly after. You'll see the whole map now from the girl's perspective. Because she just flinched from her fall she has difficulties with getting her mind on track and tries to explore the room. The "camera" switches focus from clock to clock quickly until it detects the time writer and stops moving. It’s animated from the girl’s perspective. From the moment the camera is focused on the time writer you see the back of the time writer summoning the time hole from far, but still clearly. he pushes girl8 in while she looks scared and judging the time writer at the same time. The time writer notices her presence then turns around and gives her a death stare turning into a creepy smile right after. ( Pm1.narvii.com , Avvesione.files.wordpress.com ) The camera moves quickly back to girl1 face. Her body doesn't move because she's shocked, this also shows on her face. For a few seconds you see girl1 being shocked, but there is a short distance between the running and the camera focusing on her face (it happens very quick). She runs towards the time writer. In her body movement and face expression need to be visible she's scared and she has the feeling her attempt is doomed to fail but is willing to give it a shot to save her twin sister. When she reaches the time writer he pushes her to the wall. When he does that, there is a distance between the girl and the time writer. Basically what happens here is it looks like he summons something. A power that pushes her to the wall and is so strong that it makes a hole in it. ( Cdn.blizzardwatch.com ) . That gives the time writer the time to jump in the time hole. Then the camera focuses on the girl in the hole. She's passed out and slides out of the hole and falls flat on the ground, injured. Then the camera focused on one of the clocks. The boy shows up around the corner. His face expression shows that he wants to help her but doesn’t know how. He looks desperate, scared and a little sad.
we didn't finish writing the scene yet!!
= STORY SUMMARY =
The universe started with only one god: the space writer (astrea). watching the world from far she dislikes the decisions the humans made. her whole idea was changed by her own creations. but she used to watch this one boy (time writer) having the same ideas and hopes for this world as her, she thought. he wanted to change it, though he couldn't since he didn’t have the power to do so. so astrea gave him the powers of time. together they hoped to make the world a better place. they started to grow a really close bond also, until the time writer came up with this really bad idea to take free will from people and control them. he never discussed this with astrea, knowing she would disagree.. In an attempt to stop the time writer’s plans, astrea created (the boys), but all their attempts failed, because the boys were too different from each other and didn’t want to work together. After a long time dwelling in the book for too long their memories scattered around the place (because memories are like energy). Unable to prevent the time writer from destroying her creation, she thought of one way to do it: she used all her powers to create 8 girls and set up a path for them. but because she used up all her power, she became exactly 8 different kinds of cloaks (the cloaked figures). she used that to her advantage by guiding the girls to their destination. the boy just became "a distant past" for the space writer, still dwelling in the world while astrea gave up on him. even though astrea forgot about him - considering him as a failure - he still existed and decided to help the girls after figuring out what was going on. his life seemed like a "vague memory" since he didn't know anything of what happened before he got in the book, because he was created as one of astrea's soldiers. the cloaked figures guide the girls to escape the maze the time writer set up from them, by giving them 3 choices (doors) once in awhile. They need to find each other through this maze, because together they have the power to defeat him according to the cloaks. The first task the cloaked figure gives each girl is overcoming their fears.
the writers want to make the world a better place, but both writers have different ideas about it. The time writer wants to control humanity so they don’t make any mistakes. and the space writer wants to stop the time writer. She doesn’t think the time writer’s idea solves it since true living and happiness doesn’t exist for people anymore, they have no future either. She wants to make the world a better place, but she wants to find a different solution to it. so she decides to change his story and create the girls. The girls will pick a side in a part of the story if they agree with the time writer’s point of view or the space writer.
email to: email@example.com with examples of your artwork