This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Location: Anywhere - Looking for: Programmers
Posted by Guest on Aug 6th, 2013
Looking for an experienced mod developer to write a small character mod for level “Interior Hanger” on Quake 4. This is part of a research project examining the influence of character faces and the type of language used by NPCs (Non Player Character) on players’ engagement. This is a short-term contract position.
This should be a fairly simple task for the right developer - a quick way to make some extra cash! There is also potential for future contract work doing similar research based mods.
Skills & Requirements:
* Excellent communication skills
* Previous experience writing mods for Quake (or other games)
* C, C++
* Mod level of “Interior Hanger” for the objective “Meet Rhodes/ Protect Rhodes” of Quake 4 to define 10 points during this mission where the NPC (Rhodes) will appear in the view of the player for a distinct amount of time and says some specific speech.
* A .dll and .qvm that takes parameters for setting the following for a given game:
* Whether the NPC (Rhodes) is wearing a helmet or not
* What class of language the NPC (Rhodes) uses when they appear (figurative text or literal text)
Please send a brief description of your modding experience as well as a link to your resume or github account to firstname.lastname@example.org