This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by mario89 on
Hello and welcome. We are seeking for a dedicated 3D Environment Artist to work for Art Inc. Studios.
We are nearly the end of developing Star Blitz X the Video Game and the demo will be available this fall.
The game we are making is a 3-D first person shooter that is the love letter of 1980’s shoot’em up arcade games with a modern touch of 3-D graphics, select able background music during game interaction, and multiple ending.
The main task for the 3D environment artist will be designing a background futuristic city for the game. The Game engine that we are using is Unity.
The requirements that we looking for
- Ability to texture 3D models with painting programs
- Non-Experiences are required but experiences are a bonus.
- The choice of the 3-D software are 3DS Max, Maya and Z-Brush are allowed for
modeling the assets but must have experience in either software.
- Ability to deliver given task on deadlines.
- Must be passionate, committed, reliable, and love making video games.
- Willing to work 10 hours a week
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to work with or without concept art
- Working in game engines to import your work
- Modular work flow in environments, buildings, and textures to allow re-
- Understanding and use of the idea that lighting effects mood.
- Ability to make a material with Unity or other programs
- A great eye for detail and natural flair for composition and color.
- Experience in photo realistic texture creation including diffuse, specular
and bump maps.
It is important that you understand this before deciding to work with us that this is a non-paid project. We are looking for eager candidates who are willing to work long term for free on this project. However, we did hire a project manager to help advertise our game for publish or to be funded for royalties for future payment. Depending on how much work the person does as well as how much our Kick starter makes, a number of royalties will vary.
Once hired, I will fill you in over email or Skype on more detail about the game and what the team is doing.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and portfolio