This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Programmers located Beijing.
Posted by PinW on
Substantial Games is a new Beijing games studio unleashing the potential of core games on tablets. We're making a competitive RTS game, think Warhammer meets Total War.
We are seeking a talented game developer to join our team. Unity3D is our primary development platform, though our developers apply a broad range of knowledge/skills to put things together. We believe in the agile methodology: in team ownership, and the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of gamers.
We're looking for someone who is:
• A Solid Programmer – A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Professional and Driven – We're a startup, so we need a responsible and self-motivated person who can get things done without micromanagement.
• A Team Player – Excellent communication is mandatory, as is a willingness to help out team-members while under pressure from a schedule.
• An Architect – You’ll need to design and implement scalable systems for the long-term, with consideration for performance and future maintenance.
• A Fast Learner – We need fast learners who can quickly pick up new technologies and products, to find the most suitable solution to challenging problems
What you'll get with this opportunity:
• Collaborate – work with intelligent and capable teammates who will respect your craft (as you will with theirs!)
• Create – work on something that is worthy of your time: raise the bar for games on tablets.
• Equity – get your fair share of success.
• Beijing – we'll help you get setup in, live in, and thrive in one of the fastest-moving cities in the world.
• Education – BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent level of knowledge/skill.
• Experience – 2+ years working experience, and extensive experience in 2 or more major programming languages.
◦ Plus: Experience in game development, 2D/3D engines
◦ Plus: Experience in object-oriented design, software development lifecycle, and agile practices(auto test, code review, continuous integration…)
◦ Plus: Experience with team leadership or project management
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include a short description of who you are and what you are looking for. Any links to personal projects (especially Unity3D game projects), personal blogs, or GitHub profiles will help along your application a great deal.