This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by Alliedgames.co on
Allied games is looking for volunteer 3D Environmental artists to help put together our fantasy RTS game that will launch on PC. We have a small cast of characters and environments but require a lot of work putting them together. If you’re looking for a way into the industry or just want to grow your portfolio, this is a great opportunity.
Who we are.
Allied games is a start-up studio located in Port Credit (Toronto) Ontario. We have a small group that are working on this game full time. We are highly dedicated and have resources in place that allow for easy communication between team members no matter where they are located.
We operated on internal transparency so you will have a say in everything. You can add input on character designs, environmental assets, animations, gameplay mechanics and story updates; essentially everything. We figure the more ideas, the better the options. Input is highly valued and encouraged.
What would you do?
Modeling / Texturing:
- Create Objects based on 2D environmental art. (not orthographic)
- Create low poly 3D models for use within a 3D RTS Game
- Work on a base 32 grid to create modular assets (Example provided)
- texture multiple objects using a single texture ( one texture for a large number of objects )
- Export objects in FBX format for use in the Unreal Engine.
- Materials can have diffuse, normal specular and Opacity (if required) A/O would be baked into the diffuse. Not much else is really needed because it’s an RTS Game.
That's the overall responsibilities that we are looking for.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject of "3D Environmental Artists" (no quotes). Any other subject will get sent to junk and likely ignored sorry. Attach an example of your work and a resume if you have one handy. We are more worried about the quality of your models than any work history so the resume is completely optional.