All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Suggestions for TE 1.5 (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : General Tiberium Essence Ideas : Suggestions for TE 1.5) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Oct 19 2012, 8:11am Anchor

guys something i want your thoughts about. (or add your idea to it)
Moddb.com

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Oct 21 2012, 7:59pm Anchor

Here are my suggestions and ideas. Sorry but it will be long.

General
========
1) Tiberium crystal and 'generator'(e.g.: Tiberium tree for the little greens that are everywhere). I would really like to have the 'old' models and animations back, that the game originally had, in one way and form or another. As the idea to completely revert back to those was instantly shot down, I came up with other ideas.
*revert only for the big triangle shape like craters, or
*add a third type of Tiberium which would be partly better (like would have higher value) and worse (like be more volatile with larger explosions, easier to destroy, slowest growth and spread rate (even with Scrin Growth accelerator)) than the current green and blue ones, would be available by support powers/ abilities(like Scrin meteor, Scrin super unit's ability) or after blown up buildings/units, or preferably associated with a Tiberium field name (I know that in the code the Tiberium fields that have the big crater, the small crater, have no crater, ... are all named differently or have different IDs, so I was thinking that maybe it is possible to make only specific ones change instead of all) that is not so common on maps, or anything... , and it would have the 'old' models and animations.
> In Tiberian Sun and Firestorm it even looked fine as there was no map with bigger ones in size. But, now there are places where there are all those huge crystals here and there or everywhere -as part of the terrain, but still- and everyone can still just gather only the tiny ones.. why? I mean, there should be at least some big ones that are growing and spreading and can be harvested!?.

2) The air units (not counting the GDI JJ) in general seem to become weaker regarding health and armor after the AA weapons get upgraded... espetially after they get upgraded.

3) I know that everything costs something, but could there be a support power for each side, that is useful and costs nothing (no money, no energy) even if it has a really long cool down time?

4) Will there be more civilian tech buildings?

5) Could the civilian tech gun be changed to something better? I know that it was changed but it seems like it was only visually. It would be cool to have something similar (at least regarding its durability, attack range and damage done) to Tech War Fortress Render - Mod DB. As is in its description "The War Fortress is a bunker," "Able to withstand a direct Super weapon hit, and enough space inside to fit an entire army." What is not written there in the description, is that it can hold 12 infantry units, the gun on it's top is an accurate long range artillery gun which can fire from almost as close as itself, and (I may remember wrong here) it also has vision as long as its firing range (or close to that). ... (I may remember wrong again but) when it was destroyed, after a short time it 'rebuilt itself' as neutral - so it could be captured again.
> I think the current ones aren't as good middle to late game, both in attacking and withstanding attacks; and no, I don't think it would be overpowered.

6) Hovering ability switch. I know I saw a mod out there in which the hovering units did not needed a switch (or at least not a manual one), and they always had the same distance above water as above land. Can't the movement speed reduction be just tied to whether the unit is hovering on land or water, so there would not be a need for the switch?.
> There are also maps where even though those units should be able to leave the land and onto the water, but instead they just go until there is still land and stop; but if we look at the terrain, then it should be possible to hover from land to water easily.

7) As someone said, engineers could really have some use when garrisoned in bunkers or at least civilian buildings.

8 ) As others have also said/agreed, I think that a late game means of resource gathering/ receiving with a constant but fixed amount, let's say per 1 or 2 minutes would be a good idea.

9) Walls (and will be gates?). Although I was told otherwise, I still think that the walls are ineffective around late game; regarding how much they can last against medium to high tech units(not counting insta-kill stuff like C4 or the late Scrin's ring like mothership, etc.). Also, -at least when I played against normal computer- the AI opponents always targeted walls whether those were in the way (to reach more valuable things) or not.

10) GDI Juggernaut and other same type units's type change from artillery to something else, while keeping the same attack ranges. If I know correctly, then only those units's projectiles can go through anything while damaging only the target or target area, which have their type (maybe it's called otherwise?) set as artillery; and it is really annoying because visually thus far only the Nod Cobra artillery should hit it's target behind very high cliffs and mountains and other indestructible impassable objects. But others like the Juggernaut should not be able to target -let alone hit- anything on the other side of the, for example mountain; even if it would fire, the projectile(s) should hit the mountain, and not go through it.

So -I'm just guessing here- if the type would be changed to something else, whose firing arc would fit to the current animations while keeping the current ranges (sight, etc.); or if the animations and the arc would be changed, so those units's projectile(s) would go just like the Nod Cobra artillery's projectile goes... then it would be better.
> Though, I would prefer keeping the arcs, and changing the unit types. So while those units/ buildings(?) would not be able to fire through mountains and other indestructible objects higher than them and/or their firing arc, maybe they could do more damage or reload/recharge faster, or cost more or something like that.

11) The GDI Veteran Training support power should be possible to be used on any land and landed air and deployed (land or air) vehicle that can normally or in deployed form attack, regardless of which side (GDI, Nod, Scrin or Mutants) can build it. Both in case of owning the units or an ally owning the units.

12) The Nod Portable Stealth Generator support power should be possible to be used on any land and landed air and deployed (land or air) vehicle that either does not have any or normally has one that works only in deployed form, regardless of which side (GDI, Nod, Scrin or Mutants) can build it. Both in case of owning the units or an ally owning the units.

13) Change the AIs somehow, so that for example the difference between Easy and Medium not to be so big, either by changing the lower level or the higher one... the same with Medium and Hard, and Hard and Brutal.
--------
GDI
====
1) I don't think that in general GDI should go so multipurpose (for example with giving the Orca Fighter a minigun), that is more for Nod.

2) As others have already said, the Jumpjet infantry seems quite overpowered.Either their firepower or armor and health should be reduced.

3) How about making the Orbital Deployment Center more useful than just for the building of the big walker? For example the ability to build the other land vehicles too, or to have some support effect in an area around itself, or both of these, or something.?

4) Not tested with other sides but it would be good for the Condor transports to leave after dropping units that called for transport, specifically experienced this with Engineers.
--------
NOD
====
1) Why were 3 node-turrets no good and why are two or less better for the basic three base defenses? Do two or less have the same power as the total of a previous three-noded one? If no or not even after upgrades, then I say the three-noded defenses were better.

3) The Shadow Team's droppable little bombs doesn't seem to do much against anything else than basic infantry and engineers. Is it supposed to be like that?

4) The Cyborg Commando should last longer, in general. Currently it can hardly ever reach the Mammoth MKII or almost anything else that is very good versus infantry without and especially with AP ammunition upgrades.
--------
Scrin
======
1) All the other sides get some kind of upgrade for general air units, like more ammunition, more armor more weapons or better firepower, but the Scrin gets nothing much. Some air units get shields, yes but those aren't too helpful either. I mean, energy shields to get taken down in a few seconds by bullets?.. upgraded rockets ok, but bullets? even if upgraded.. just bullets? I think the shields should be stronger and last longer and perhaps cost more; or have a second upgrade that makes shields stronger.

2) The meteorite support power; after the impact could there be more crystals left than just one? Maybe three at least?

3) Planetary Assault Carrier should stay further from the targeted attack-point, at least +25-50% further than now.

4) Leviathan Mothership should stop at the furthest range where it can still hit the targeted attack-point.

Edited by: Zsombi

GooberTrooper
GooberTrooper Nod Global Operations Commander
Oct 21 2012, 8:36pm Anchor

SUDDEN BOOK APPEARS.

I'll give this a read when I have an empty day.

--

"War is timeless, and so are we."~ Forgotten Tick Tank

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Oct 21 2012, 8:38pm Anchor
Zsombi wrote:Here are my suggestions and ideas. Sorry but it will be long......


Right, you have a lot of good suggestions here, but you have just as many that would A: Unbalance the game, B: don't make any sense, or C: observations that aren't true.
I'll respond in order:

1: The tree model is a callback to Tiberian Sun, which this game is trying to be more like. I'm not sure if you can add Crentius (Third Tib in Tibsun, also explosive) to the game due to code limitations, but I would very much like to see this.

2: Weaker air units. Air units in general are fragile. You need to be able to avoid defences, or kill them before you get there to use them properly. I extensively use aircraft in my games against players, and find that if properly microed, 12 orcas can utterly annihilate an enemies production ability, while still maintaining minimum losses. Banshees are scary, nuff said. And the Scrin stormrider when fully upgraded can solo any non air superiority aircraft, and most ground based vehicles.

3: I see no need for free powers. Super weapons are free (one time cost, infinite uses) and are useful. That good for you?

4: More tech buildings, I hope so

5: Tech gun --> generals shockwave tech gun. I am indifferent to this idea. I find the currant guns as useless for anything that isn't getting shot at, so giving them added usefulness would be good.

6: Self hover switch. If it's codeable, then it will free up some ability slots, so, I am all for it.

7: Engineers in buildings. I think I said that... lol.

8: Late game resources. I again see no need for this. If you are running out of money, expand.

9: Walls. Again, call back to Tibsun, and I don't personally use them, but they are bloody awesome.

10: Jugg fire arc. In Tibsun Juggernaut fired in an artillery like pattern. I think we need to see it fire up more, and for the sniper direction ability, have the artillery fire straight up, then have it come down on a 80 degree angle.

11: Vet power on aircraft. Agreed.

12: Stealth power on aircraft. No. Just no. Stealth banshees.... that right there is nightmare fuel....

13: AI. Are you suggesting to make easy opponents harder, or medium's easier? Because I think that easies are fairly balanced for new players, while mediums (although still not providing much challenge) offer a good alternative for someone who is new to the game, but wants to actually fight something. Maybe make them both make full use of new units....

14: GDI multipurposeness. ... GDI is a global military power. Variety is what they do. If they can't do everything, then they have failed as a military organization. Nod needs to be much more focused. They were never meant to be well rounded. Nod does hit and run, and hyper advanced experimental units. Neither are meant to be used as a front line tactic, nor are they meant to do anything more than what they do.

15: JJ infantry. I already made a suggestion on this, split the JJ infantry health and damage into a squad of something like 6 units, and I think they would become much more balanced. Or just reduce their health...

16: The mammoth MK2 is the most powerful unit in the game. I think it deserves to have a dedicated building for just that. Besides, the building itself lets you use top teir GDI powers.

17: The transport is a permanent unit. That's why it now costs 1500 instead of 300, so that they can be re-used.

18:Nod turrets. The turrets still have the full health and damage of the three turret design.

19: Shadow team bombs. What are you using them against? 2 shadow teams can destroy a power plant with those bombs.

20: CC durability. I actually almost think the CC is almost too durable. Also, you shouldn't be sending an infantry unit against dedicated AP units/buildings. Nor should be trying to fight the MK2 in head to head combat... ever. Unless you have one too.

21: Scrin air power upgrades are one of the most OP things to date. Sure the shield isn't that good, but the tiberium infusion upgrade makes a suddenly useless storm rider, into a veritable fighting force all it's own. As for shield strength, again, for balance, they shouldn't be too strong. They give you the edge to let your unit survive combat for a little longer. Also, it makes sense for bullets to disable shields faster, do to larger amount of projectiles, which means the shield needs to work more to stop more objects.

22: Meteorite. I agree, more crystals needed.

23: PAC. Agreed again.

24: MS. The mothership moves to the longest range of its shortest range weapon, so that it can be used to full effect. If you don't want it moving to engage, use the 'hold ground' stance.

Also, you should use better spacing when writing long posts. Large blocks of text are hard to read, and harder to respond to.

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Oct 22 2012, 2:44pm Anchor

Yes I know that some of my ideas would be balance breaking, but I still wrote them, with the thought that others might get some ideas from them.

Also, I am sorry for the large text blocks. I wrote these up in a text file after occasionally playing.
Then I just pasted it here, but did not think that the readability would change so much, and then I just forgot to fix it.

I hope it's more readable, understandable now.

Edited by: Zsombi

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Oct 22 2012, 3:31pm Anchor

Actually, that's a lot easier to read.

Anyway, I already gave my 37 cents for the issue.

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Oct 25 2012, 10:44am Anchor
Starfox100 wrote:+ there is also a Fighter-bomber model of the B2. The F117 Stealth fighter, pretty a forgotten fighter IMO, maybe because it does not look that great as the B2. I think this is more the vertigo were looking for. also carries 1 of 2 smart bombs. almost same model.

Total idea by us all i think:
Vertigo,
- V shaped
- Stealth
- 1 HE bomb
- 1 Confusion bomb (when switching at airfield)



I made a Version of the Vertigo based on the F117 a while back and i've come up with another idea that could be interesting, if its codable:
the shape of the F117 (sharp angles etc) confused radar and allowed it to slip by without detection, in addition to the Vertigo's NOD stealth it might be interesting if it had complete radar stealth due to its shape (never appearing on anyones radar) even when uncloaked. It would still be targetable just not seen on the radar screen. What do people think to this?

'

GooberTrooper
GooberTrooper Nod Global Operations Commander
Oct 25 2012, 1:55pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:
Starfox100 wrote:+ there is also a Fighter-bomber model of the B2. The F117 Stealth fighter, pretty a forgotten fighter IMO, maybe because it does not look that great as the B2. I think this is more the vertigo were looking for. also carries 1 of 2 smart bombs. almost same model.

Total idea by us all i think:
Vertigo,
- V shaped
- Stealth
- 1 HE bomb
- 1 Confusion bomb (when switching at airfield)



I made a Version of the Vertigo based on the F117 a while back and i've come up with another idea that could be interesting, if its codable:
the shape of the F117 (sharp angles etc) confused radar and allowed it to slip by without detection, in addition to the Vertigo's NOD stealth it might be interesting if it had complete radar stealth due to its shape (never appearing on anyones radar) even when uncloaked. It would still be targetable just not seen on the radar screen. What do people think to this?

'



I like that idea, but I don't see it being worth it. It's uncloaked for such a short time it'll either go unnoticed or won't be worth the time to code it.

--

"War is timeless, and so are we."~ Forgotten Tick Tank

Oct 29 2012, 1:41pm Anchor

maybe then radar invisibility could be applied to an advanced GDI aircraft

Edited by: M0nkfish

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Oct 29 2012, 7:22pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:maybe then radar invisibility could be applied to an advanced GDI aircraft

No. That would take away a thing unique to Nod.

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Nov 8 2012, 5:14pm Anchor

I got an idea, regarding the Nod Banshee. I know it will seem overpowering though.. I was thinking about why is the Banshees so 'weak' ? I mean in one of the old videos no more than four Banshees could take down the Mammoth, on top of that with none being shot down.

I would suggest making their air to ground attack strong enough so that at least 4 of them to be able to take down one Mammoth without needing to go back to reload and without being shot down in the process.

Or it could be an upgrade for an ability that would have at least as long cool down time as what it takes a Mammoth to be built, and at usage it would use up all ammunition for one or two powerful shots. This could be either a ground only or both ground and air ability.

On the other side, the units themselves could be made (more) expensive and/or take long(er) to build or if it's an upgrade then that could be expensive and take long to complete and the units themselves more expensive after the upgrade.

I know that that was a Nod propaganda video, but there's got to be some truth in it.

Edited by: Zsombi

Nov 8 2012, 6:26pm Anchor

It's not supposed to be a tough aircraft, it's supposed to be a light armored hit and run aircraft. And the Banshee is OP as it is, and you want to make it stronger? No thanks dude...

GooberTrooper
GooberTrooper Nod Global Operations Commander
Nov 8 2012, 9:10pm Anchor
Zsombi wrote:I got an idea, regarding the Nod Banshee. I know it will seem overpowering though.. I was thinking about why is the Banshees so 'weak' ? I mean in one of the old videos no more than four Banshees could take down the Mammoth, on top of that with none being shot down.

I would suggest making their air to ground attack strong enough so that at least 4 of them to be able to take down one Mammoth without needing to go back to reload and without being shot down in the process.

Or it could be an upgrade for an ability that would have at least as long cool down time as what it takes a Mammoth to be built, and at usage it would use up all ammunition for one or two powerful shots. This could be either a ground only or both ground and air ability.

On the other side, the units themselves could be made (more) expensive and/or take long(er) to build or if it's an upgrade then that could be expensive and take long to complete and the units themselves more expensive after the upgrade.

I know that that was a Nod propaganda video, but there's got to be some truth in it.


Cut-scenes do not dictate gameplay. That's why we have a mod that adds guns to Orcas.

--

"War is timeless, and so are we."~ Forgotten Tick Tank

Nov 9 2012, 5:40am Anchor

The Banshee is light, agile and very very dangerous due to its versatility & stopping power (ability to target ground and air targets). Also it supposed to be a fusion of NOD and Scrin technology, kind of jury-rigged together tech thats not designed to mesh, this IMO is good enough reason for it to be as fragile as it is. And while previously i was of the opinion that its ammo should be upped and damage reduced (as 1.4 i think) i have revised this opinion and feel its armament should stay as it is now. Therefore i strongly disagree with Zsombi's idea of it being able to dump all its ammo on one target. I do have a slightly controversial idea though, perhaps make it buildable only after the Tiberium Chemical Plant has been built (as it uses tiberium fuel, and tiberium infused plasma).

The only NOD aircraft that requires serious tweaking is the Vertigo (as discussed on page 3 of this thread), however the Harpy's signature generator needs redoing to either a) produce fake copies on the actual map as well as the radar, or b) be remade into a temporary stealth device instead. Perhaps the Harpy's voice could do with changing too, 99% of it is fine and works but when destroyed it says "Venom going down!"

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Nov 9 2012, 9:41am Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:The Banshee is light, agile and very very dangerous due to its versatility & stopping power (ability to target ground and air targets). Also it supposed to be a fusion of NOD and Scrin technology, kind of jury-rigged together tech thats not designed to mesh, this IMO is good enough reason for it to be as fragile as it is. And while previously i was of the opinion that its ammo should be upped and damage reduced (as 1.4 i think) i have revised this opinion and feel its armament should stay as it is now. Therefore i strongly disagree with Zsombi's idea of it being able to dump all its ammo on one target. I do have a slightly controversial idea though, perhaps make it buildable only after the Tiberium Chemical Plant has been built (as it uses tiberium fuel, and tiberium infused plasma).

The only NOD aircraft that requires serious tweaking is the Vertigo (as discussed on page 3 of this thread), however the Harpy's signature generator needs redoing to either a) produce fake copies on the actual map as well as the radar, or b) be remade into a temporary stealth device instead. Perhaps the Harpy's voice could do with changing too, 99% of it is fine and works but when destroyed it says "Venom going down!"


I agree with the banshee thing (requires chem plant), and would like to point out that when 1 banshee tries to take 2 fully upgrade storm riders on, or 2 firehawks, the banshee will lose. In a 16 vs 16 fight of banshees vs storm riders or firehawks, unless microed extremely well, the banshees will lose.
I am not saying the banshees need to be better, because, on the contrary, they are still the most capable at doing anything, you just need to have the skill to do it.

... I want advanced sub select... Seriously, that would make micromanagement so much easier in this game...

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Nov 9 2012, 9:49am Anchor
GooberTrooper wrote:
Cut-scenes do not dictate gameplay. That's why we have a mod that adds guns to Orcas.

In Tiberium Wars, when at the skirmish map selection, on the little repeating video, Orcas already have guns -_- it's just that they did not have in the actual game.

If the mod adds guns to the Orcas in the game, so it looks like in the video, then why not make Banshees look like in their original video too? :S If it is too strong, then they could be made really expensive.. so only those with a lot of resources could get them... those who have such resources might as well spam cheaper units... so why have Banshees available in the first place?

M0nkfish wrote:the Harpy's signature generator needs redoing to either a) produce fake copies on the actual map as well as the radar, or b) be remade into a temporary stealth device instead.

I agree with the signature generator, currently it is useless when going against the AI. I think temporary fake copies would increase the chance of survival even if faced with detectors.

If those fake copies act like the current Scrin support power's image units, so the AI will consider them too as real, not just a human player, there will be a chance the real one does not get hit.

Regarding this, I have an(other extreme) idea.. inspired from an old Westwood game, to allow holograms to cause real damage, but disappear after being hit once by anything (direct attack or splash damage, or getting too close to them).?

Edited by: Zsombi

Nov 9 2012, 12:13pm Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:... I want advanced sub select... Seriously, that would make micromanagement so much easier in this game...

Awesome quote FTW GA, but how would this be implemented in-game? is this even codable? I hope it is.

Zsombi wrote: ...allow holograms to cause real damage, but disappear after being hit once by anything (direct attack or splash damage, or getting too close to them).?

Holograms are images anyway and so should do no damage whatsoever, however they should appear real and appear to attack. If the signature generator is to be redone this way i propose that each real harpy spawns 2 copies (1 on each side of the real one) that mirror the movements of the harpy that created it and are not independently mobile, targeting whatever the "original" targets, if anything fires on a copy it would instantly disappear. Generated copies would disappear when radar blips do, respawning when the ability is activated again. Not sure if this is possible but i'm sure this is how the signature generator should be. Failing this temporary stealth (for the same duration) would also work (nullified by attempting to attack, or detection) but this is a second choice.

Nov 9 2012, 4:43pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:
Zsombi wrote: ...allow holograms to cause real damage, but disappear after being hit once by anything (direct attack or splash damage, or getting too close to them).?

Holograms are images anyway and so should do no damage whatsoever, however they should appear real and appear to attack.


What's the use of holograms attacking without causing as much harm as the real would? If the enemy sees (/would see) there's no damage caused, it will know that it's not real. o.O ..and what's this thing about images having a 'lifebar' then? -that can be lowered by attacking them at that (*here refering to the Scrin holograms too)..

Why aren't they like ghosts, images that although can be targeted and shot at, they can't be eliminated until they disappear on their own, and anything that is thrown at them just passes through and hits whatever is after them.. except if that is another image.?

Nov 9 2012, 6:03pm Anchor
Zsombi wrote:
What's the use of holograms attacking without causing as much harm as the real would? If the enemy sees (/would see) there's no damage caused, it will know that it's not real. o.O


because assuming the harpys are attacking in groups anyway the enemy would be unsure as to which ones are real and doing the actual damage, and which ones only appear to be firing and arent actually there and therefore have a 2 out of 3 chance of targeting the harpy that doesnt exist, allowing the ACTUAL harpy to move away while others in the group fill his previous attacking position.

Zsombi wrote: ...and what's this thing about images having a 'lifebar' then? -that can be lowered by attacking them at that (*here refering to the Scrin holograms too)...


i dont know i havent mentioned anything like this AT ALL, and i'm not claiming they should act like Scrin holograms. Although i GUESS that scrin holograms are partially real due to alien technology or something.

Perhaps the image of the Harpy should appear to have a health bar (so ppl dont just hover the mouse over and realise its a fake) but the bar also mimics the condition of the real helicopter's bar rather than taking damage itself. Perhaps this is too hard to code for...

Zsombi wrote:Why aren't they like ghosts, images that although can be targeted and shot at, they can't be eliminated until they disappear on their own, and anything that is thrown at them just passes through and hits whatever is after them.. except if that is another image.?

This would make sense as long as the created "ghost images" look as real as the real thing to the enemy, but 2 images created would not be controllable, they would only mimic the actions of the real Harpy projecting them, staying parallel to it's sides, turning when it turns, targeting what it targets (but causing no real damage).

Maybe if a Harpy is damaged and it uses the generator the images it produces look damaged too (because they are projections of itself) but again this might be hard to code.

engine limitations might mean it has to be done the way i originally posted or similar

Edited by: M0nkfish

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Nov 9 2012, 10:59pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:
This would make sense as long as the created "ghost images" look as real as the real thing to the enemy, but 2 images created would not be controllable, they would only mimic the actions of the real Harpy projecting them, staying parallel to it's sides, turning when it turns, targeting what it targets (but causing no real damage).

Couldn't really do this, they couldn't perfectly mimic the main, then you could just shoot the middle guy xD

Nov 10 2012, 6:40am Anchor

but there could be a real one beside the middle guy without his generator activated. This is one reason why i favour images that can be destroyed in 1 hit as opposed to the indestructible "ghost image" so you cant just "shoot the middle guy". Doesnt matter if the mimicry is perfect as long as it's close enough to fool the enemy, infact if the mimicry is imperfect perhaps this makes the illusion all the more convincing.

Edited by: M0nkfish

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Nov 10 2012, 10:27am Anchor

Seriously though, Advanced sub selection, as seen in company of heroes, or any game by relic.

I want this.

Edited by: GoldenArbiter

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Nov 10 2012, 1:19pm Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:Seriously though, Advanced sub selection, as seen in company of heroes, or any game by relic.

I want this.


I just don't even know what you're talking about ;D

Nov 21 2012, 8:42am Anchor

I know this has been mentioned before somewhere but what about (cloaked) firestorm style limpet drones to replace the much hated NOD Fanatic (currently only available as support power), I propose this Subterranean Strike support power be completely removed. Instead have Limpet Drones produced from the Cyborg Reaper (as if its laying an egg) at the cost of 500 - 600 per drone with a shortish warm up and cool-down time. Once laid they would be capable of their own movement until either deployed or detonated. They would have high speed and low health and also only cloak when deployed, can either deploy to attach to passing enemy vehicles or be moved near to enemy structures and manually detonated. so would kinda work like this:-

thoughts and opinions please

Edited by: M0nkfish

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Nov 21 2012, 12:40pm Anchor

It's something like a self thinking mine on this image.
It's a bit the child of a limpet drone and a seeker drone in my opinion. "Limpet hunter"?

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.