All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
by member
Suggestions for TE 1.5 (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : General Tiberium Essence Ideas : Suggestions for TE 1.5) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Jul 25 2012, 9:26pm Anchor

I remember a time when there were Mobile War Factories...

Jul 29 2012, 7:56pm Anchor

Could you make the next version of this mod more faster, because the building speed and unit production is slower and takes too long.

Thanks!

And I feel the Avatars are weakened a lot. They're supposed to be Nod's only heavy vehicle.

Aug 9 2012, 4:41pm Anchor

I like many of the ideas on here, keep them flying guys!

On the subject of remodeling the GDI Barracks, I suppose I could be in favor of that. Its current design never bothered me, as I do like it's classic layout with the two half-barrelled shapes side-by-side and a guard (who next time needs to remember his protective headgear) pacing on the ramp. I don't want that concept of the barracks to change, but something to make it a little bit beefier would be okay. I like both points made by Alex_06 and Starfox100, so I guess that makes me somewhere in between.

That "GDI Training Yard" model that is brought up is an absolutely beautiful model, and I think something like that should be implemented somewhere. Perhaps, with that U or V-shaped layout, and with some/many tweaks here and there, I think that can be more fitting as a replacement for the GDI Tech Center. Something that doesn't stand quite so high and is top-heavy, but lower to the ground and spread out, more fortified. Maybe in that concrete area have something fancy and "techy" looking.

A structure that I feel really deserves a facelift for GDI is the War Factory. The part that bothers me is that it's just a simple, uninspiring box (I don't mind having some sort of crane system on the side moving parts around for eye candy). It is just hard to believe that within that smallish structure, heavy war machinery is being built. So I definitely think bringing back the more substantial, Tiberian Sun style (the updated version) would be great! Btw, I think the GDI War Factory model for Tiberian Sun Rising is pretty much perfect, so something like that.

What do you guys think?

Edited by: .Mac.

Aug 30 2012, 9:33am Anchor

What if GDI had a early prototype version of the M.A.R.V ? That could be constructed at the Orbital Deployment Centre, but being smaller and less armed,
instead of instantly processing tiberium that it moves over. It harvests it normally but doesn't need a refinery to process it. Cause I always have difficulty with tiberium management halfway into the game where I have to send harvesters out to find a fresh tib field.

Either that or possible upgrades that you could purchase at a refinery. Like +50% capacity or allowing the armor and AP ammo upgrades to be allowed for it.

GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Aug 30 2012, 1:44pm Anchor

I agree GDI needs some major balance stuff... Whenever Nod and scrin can both steamroll GDI in any given scenario with commanders of equal skill, there is a problem.

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Smallchange
Smallchange GDI, 101st Airborn Division, Firehawk Pilot
Aug 30 2012, 9:50pm Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:I agree GDI needs some major balance stuff... Whenever Nod and scrin can both steamroll GDI in any given scenario with commanders of equal skill, there is a problem.

Hah, commanders of less skill can even troll higher leveled commanders when playing as nod/scrin vs gdi :P

GoldenArbiter
Aug 30 2012, 10:49pm Anchor
Smallchange wrote:Hah, commanders of less skill can even troll higher leveled commanders when playing as nod/scrin vs gdi :P

Aww, you're referencing the one time you beat me :P

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Smallchange
Aug 31 2012, 8:39am Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:
Smallchange wrote:Hah, commanders of less skill can even troll higher leveled commanders when playing as nod/scrin vs gdi :P

Aww, you're referencing the one time you beat me :P

>.>
<.<

I... Beat you as Nod vs Scrin thank you... I remember that fucking drone kept lifting off and wouldn't let me blow it up!

GoldenArbiter
Aug 31 2012, 2:00pm Anchor
Smallchange wrote:I... Beat you as Nod vs Scrin thank you... I remember that fucking drone kept lifting off and wouldn't let me blow it up!

And I was very proud of you for doing that as well. My training i finally getting stuck in your head.

--

Sep 3 2012, 1:07pm Anchor

What happened to the proposed Napalm Rocket Turret for NOD?
Maybe GDI Harvester can have liquid tiberium gun as more effective anti infantry measure (from unprocessable tiberium residue left when it visits the ref) in the style of one of the nod subfactions from KW. This might prevent Rocket Guys from killing harvesters so easily.

Agree about NOD being able to extract more wealth from tiberium in later stages of tech tree. Agree about standard infantry being upgradable to make them more useful in later stages (in addition to the confessor and armour upgrades)

Banshee should have its ammo capacity upped again so it can target more than one thing (but lower the damage for balance)or banshee plasma should be infused with tiberium to leave green residue and tib radiation affecting infantry over a period of time

Tiberium infusion should apply to blackhand commando

Firestorm Generator back for GDI for more awesome walls

Weeds & NOD Weed Eater would be awesome for Tiberium Nuke (more powerful than standard one used @ temple), would replace existing nuke if weed eater was built [high cost vehicle] (longer time and longer cool off for wider radius and 1.5 more damage)and revert back to normal nuke if destroyed. problem is dont think you can code for vehicle damage weeds would do. perhaps use chemical plant for weed eater docking?

Agree on GDI com center being remodeled and also remoddel temple of nod and barracks for both GDI & NOD, agree about GDI Tech center also, looks too substantial for something thats destroyed so easily

Also Nod Engineer still looks silly!

Edited by: M0nkfish

Sep 3 2012, 8:47pm Anchor

Not a bad idea to have the Tiberium Chemical Plant be the Tiberium Waste Facility. I always imagined that structure, and modified a bit so it'd more closely resemble the TS style, would be fitting for that purpose. As for the chemical missile, that was an interesting and creative idea M0nkfish, but I wouldn't have it be another super weapon that'd take the place of the nuke when this structure is built, but keep it as it is as a support power. In TS, we also had both of them. I wouldn't mind if the damage were beefed up a little bit more, though.

Related, here's an idea for the vein hole monster. The Forgotten mod brought this back to us, but as a super weapon that went away in time. What I and I'm sure many of us would like is something that stays and is placed on the map via WB, as a functional prop. Maybe it is possible to take the likeness and coding of a tiberium deposit, change the center to be the maw of the "monster" with some animation and have it grow its veins in time (with some wiggles for animation), similarly as the tiberium grows in time. Then, just like the tiberium, this could be harvested. Just as tiberium deals damage to infantry but not vehicles, have this deal damage to vehicles but not infantry. Unlike the tiberim deposits, have it be targetable, so if players wish, they can destroy it like in TS - Just have it spit out gas when being shot at and then collapse on itself, but maybe stay on the map (like a civilian structure), when killed. This sounds like an easy and possible idea, but that may be because I'm not a coder, lol :D

I like how the current Hand of Nod looks, but if Carnius has an idea that would make it look better.. well, I'm for it :) This is actually one of the designs that I liked over the TS style too, even if the latter is a bit more low-profile with it low to the ground. I think of the current one as a nice update from the TD version :thumbup: Definitely wouldn't mind an update on the others mentioned though, especially the GDI War Factory and Tech Center that I talked about already. Editing the GDI Command Center to be more substantial and more alike to the TS version isn't a bad idea either ;) I didn't think the Temple of Nod looked bad, but I think Carnius can improve and possibly have a TS style missile silo either directly behind or in front of it.

Also, for any of you with lots of time to kill and haven't already, here are other suggestions I have Moddb.com

Edited by: .Mac.

Smallchange
Sep 3 2012, 11:20pm Anchor
.Mac. wrote:
Related, here's an idea for the vein hole monster. The Forgotten mod brought this back to us, but as a super weapon that went away in time. What I and I'm sure many of us would like is something that stays and is placed on the map via WB, as a functional prop. Maybe it is possible to take the likeness and coding of a tiberium deposit, change the center to be the maw of the "monster" with some animation and have it grow its veins in time (with some wiggles for animation), similarly as the tiberium grows in time. Then, just like the tiberium, this could be harvested. Just as tiberium deals damage to infantry but not vehicles, have this deal damage to vehicles but not infantry. Unlike the tiberim deposits, have it be targetable, so if players wish, they can destroy it like in TS - Just have it spit out gas when being shot at and then collapse on itself, but maybe stay on the map (like a civilian structure), when killed. This sounds like an easy and possible idea, but that may be because I'm not a coder, lol :D

I love it. This should be do-able! Let's see what carnius has to say :)

Sep 10 2012, 8:40am Anchor

I've got an idea: Why not bring back the Harpy from TS?

GoldenArbiter
Sep 10 2012, 3:05pm Anchor
shadowfox12 wrote:I've got an idea: Why not bring back the Harpy from TS?

That's what the new venom is eventually going to be. I think.

--

Oct 1 2012, 7:24am Anchor

I notice that in most games i play, the Vertigo stealth bomber hardly ever features, perhaps this unit can be made more versatile so we see (or dont see) more of these guys on the battlefield. I propose the following suggestion:
Have it be upgradeable in a similar manner to the Nightwind transport allowing you to permanently change that units payload from one bomb to one stealthed beacon for the Cobra artillery to target. This upgrade would cost 1500 - 2000 per unit and the beacons themselves would be quite easily destroyed if found.

GoldenArbiter
Oct 1 2012, 3:39pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:I notice that in most games i play, the Vertigo stealth bomber hardly ever features, perhaps this unit can be made more versatile so we see (or dont see) more of these guys on the battlefield. I propose the following suggestion:
Have it be upgradeable in a similar manner to the Nightwind transport allowing you to permanently change that units payload from one bomb to one stealthed beacon for the Cobra artillery to target. This upgrade would cost 1500 - 2000 per unit and the beacons themselves would be quite easily destroyed if found.

Hmm... Or, have it be like the Orca Bomber, in which you can just change the payload at the airfield. I like that idea, although I'm not sure if Carnius would be willing to do that, as that is something from KW.

--

GooberTrooper
GooberTrooper Nod Global Operations Commander
Oct 1 2012, 9:14pm Anchor

Personally, I'd prefer if the Vertigo looked more like a VTOL B2 Bomber, still with stealth of course, Nod logo's slapped on it, and a red trim paint job. Make it extremely effective versus buildings and drop one or two HE bombs, and then make the Banshee less effective on buildings and there you go. You got a useful anti-structure bomber and an effective anti-vehicle plasma alien plane thing.

Just my two cents.

--

"War is timeless, and so are we."~ Forgotten Tick Tank

GoldenArbiter
Oct 2 2012, 4:11am Anchor
GooberTrooper wrote:Personally, I'd prefer if the Vertigo looked more like a VTOL B2 Bomber, still with stealth of course, Nod logo's slapped on it, and a red trim paint job. Make it extremely effective versus buildings and drop one or two HE bombs, and then make the Banshee less effective on buildings and there you go. You got a useful anti-structure bomber and an effective anti-vehicle plasma alien plane thing.

Just my two cents.

I like it! Although, I don't think the B2 will go over well... Just doesn't seem futuristic enough.

--

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Oct 2 2012, 8:28am Anchor

It got a futuristic look to me. but it's missing something indeed.
I can't put my finger on it though.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

GooberTrooper
Oct 2 2012, 11:26am Anchor

I just like the shape of the B2 for a cloaked bomber. It doesn't have to look exactly like the B2, but I'd be happy regardless of it's appearance if something like this was implemented to balance out the Vertigo and Banshee.

--

Smallchange
Oct 2 2012, 1:40pm Anchor

Yea, becuase Vert/banshee have never been balanced well...

Version 1.4: Vertigo Kills all vehicles and structures like a boss... Banshee is rendered useless
Version 1.5: Banshee Kills all vehicles and structures like a boss... Vertigo is rendered useless

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Oct 3 2012, 8:22am Anchor

suppose to be something like?
- Banshee, Unit and aircraft killer.
- Vertigo, Structure buster.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Smallchange
Oct 3 2012, 2:50pm Anchor
Starfox100 wrote:suppose to be something like?
- Banshee, Unit and aircraft killer.
- Vertigo, Structure buster.

^ This, yes.

And also, I like the concept of the B2. But it needs...... something, what though? need ideas!

EDIT: I like this concept here that I just found...

Photobucket

I found it here, we might even be able to use it for some info, although I was too lazy to read the whole article... This is the current concept of the successor to the B2.

Popsci.com

GooberTrooper
Oct 3 2012, 2:59pm Anchor

That's perfect! Someone Photoshop Nod Emblems and red paint onto it and ship it to Carnius!

--

Smallchange
Oct 3 2012, 3:02pm Anchor

:D Cool, glad you like it!

Edited by: Smallchange

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.