All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
NOD Tacitus Archive units (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : Nod Ideas : NOD Tacitus Archive units) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Feb 25 2013, 6:16pm Anchor

@FortressMaximus Well, in C&C4 they have anti air obelisks, but... C&C4. :sick:

Feb 25 2013, 7:06pm Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:please read first then judge, we said Nod dont need MORE mechs specially big mechs, they already have avatars and no one said remove it!

Judge what? And they only have ONE mech (4 legged spider cyborgs don't count), and it's no like it's going to be added to their main tech tree, they have to go out of their way to capture and hold this building in order to build it. So, I still do not understand what your fuss is about Nod having giant robots. Plus, you didn't say "MORE robots" earlier, you just added that. lol

Besides, the Avatar was put into the game in order to better counter GDI armor, if they didn't have that Avatar, they would be so easily killed by bigger tanks and mechs. And now, GDI have giant warships and giant mechs, what does Nod have? Nothing so far, except a Cyborg Commando and Destroyer. So if it Core Defender were to be added, it would be up to par in countering the bigger stuff. But, as said before, they have to go out of their way to capture and hold that building to build it.

However, in all honesty, I would rather CABAL return as a playable sub faction. I am still convinced that he did not die at the end Firestorm, and that is where I would really want the Core Defender to be placed.

Edited by: Valherran

Feb 26 2013, 3:36am Anchor

lol so in ur logic only BIG can counter BIG? :D
dude i can create a unit with 9999999 damage which is size of a soldier and 1 shot everything in game!!!! hope u did get the point..........
its up to carnius to balance the units! which he do VERY good i love nod already and i always win against hard GDI without even using NOD's avatar! even in "fire storm" gdi had 2 mechs and powerful Mammoth mk2 but nod had no mech at all and game was still balanced so try to not think like a child! if ur so MUCH fan of big mechs fighting each other play other mods like Kane's wrath or the ones that add redeemer or another game like Supreme commander but dont ask TE to ruin its role because u like BIG BIG BIG xD

anyway i believe CABAL is still alive too thats what westwood did show at ending of FS, but yet again it doesnt mean carnius have to do a whole new faction because of that and its not aim of this mod! ( even though i LOVE to see a cabal faction )

just leave it to carnius him self bro he know what he is doing! eventually he will surprise us with an amazing unit!

Edited by: Ahrimansiah

Feb 26 2013, 5:16am Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:lol so in ur logic only BIG can counter BIG? :D
dude i can create a unit with 9999999 damage which is size of a soldier and 1 shot everything in game!!!! hope u did get the point..........
its up to carnius to balance the units! which he do VERY good i love nod already and i always win against hard GDI without even using NOD's avatar! even in "fire storm" gdi had 2 mechs and powerful Mammoth mk2 but nod had no mech at all and game was still balanced so try to not think like a child! if ur so MUCH fan of big mechs fighting each other play other mods like Kane's wrath or the ones that add redeemer or another game like Supreme commander but dont ask TE to ruin its role because u like BIG BIG BIG xD

Hold up, I "think like a child"? and yet you put:

Someone wrote:dude i can create a unit with 9999999 damage which is size of a soldier and 1 shot everything in game!!!! hope u did get the point..........

I think not, and I think the point of what I said flew right over your head and blew up your house.

However "judging" by the way you type around here, there is no reasoning with you, so I am gonna end it at that.

Feb 26 2013, 5:30pm Anchor

Hey guys come on let's keep it pleasant around here please. It's alright that we each have our own thoughts and opinions about certain things, and it's perfectly fine to occasionally have sensible and respectful debates, but let's not get it heated up and take offense if someone else sees differently :|

Carnius has already mentioned that he is going to be making a Montauk/Fist of Nod unit (presumably one unit that incorporates both functions and abilities), so let's focus on this plan and make suggestions towards that for now. Should this unit have any sort of defensive/offensive weapons or should it not - if yes, what weapons do you think would be suitable? Should it be allowed to deploy all Nod vehicles or only certain tier units? Should it have an aura for assisting allied units? What other abilities do you think would work for this unit?

We're all here with a similar interest after all, so let's keep it productive and open with possible ideas :D

Feb 27 2013, 2:42am Anchor

yeah sorry about that, looks like this guy took my examples as offense...

anyway im still voting for a support Montauk unit! with ability to produce infantry but some strong anti air weapons is not a bad idea too.... since looks like Tacitus archive is giving each faction a counter weapon to other factions! so gdi got Kodiak which is perfect anti scrin weapon! maybe not should get something that is a perfect anti Air too because of air power of both GDI and SCRIN

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Feb 27 2013, 6:44am Anchor

*moved from other page*

A Montauk MK.2 a strong (laser/plasma) weapon in the front.
At the point it deploys the front goes into the ground and the gun will be transported towards the back. at that point the gun will be on top of the structure and capable to defend itself.

By that the Montauk is leaning forward in the ground the troops can be trained underground and come from the tunnel networks underneath. they just can run out of a barracks door at the side (or belly) of the machine.

that's at east how i look to it. i want to draw it out but i do not know if 2 compartments are capable to be coded. (like one of this Scrin units of KW. do not know the name)
when deployed
if so: front the defense turret. and back the barracks.
if not: like i mention it above.
- Montauk leaning (drilling) half into the ground.
- forward weapon (or top i.d.k what the result will be) moves to the back of the Montauk. (with that it comes on top)
- expanding sides (so troops can be trained)
- hatch opening so troops can run out.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Mar 1 2013, 4:50pm Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:@Carnius
i like idea of subterranean Montauk though... can it get ability to damage units like an AOE when it came out of ground?
also it would be great if it can produce infantry (maybe cyborgs?) but faster! it would be an amazing support/ambush unit! or u can keep it in base for faster Infantry production!

Originally, I didn't think I'd want the Montauk II to have a subterranean ability (In TS, I believed it traveled in the already-made tunnels, but it didn't have a heavy-duty drill in the front for digging like a Devil's Tongue or APC, only some spikes on the sides that didn't seem enough for helping a large unit dig), but if Kodiak II is to have a limited range "Stratofighter boost" with cool down as a default ability (which I think would serve it well), then I don't see why this shouldn't have a limited range "subterranean dig" with cool down also (as long as it looks plausible that this large unit can drill under the ground - that's my main concern). And if it were codeable, I think that'd be interesting if it deals some AOE damage when it comes out of the ground from under enemy units XD

I'm noticing you (and some other people) are talking about infantry being deployed from the Fist of Nod? In Firestorm, the Fist of Nod (mobile war factory) deployed only vehicle Cnc.wikia.com Is it because you guys are thinking it'd be better balanced if it deployed infantry? I'm not positive what's best for balance, but at the moment I think I'd prefer to see it how it was in FS where it deployed vehicles. If it did deploy infantry, possibly a mix between certain infantry and certain vehicles could work. It's all dependent on what Carnius has in mind, so that opinion could change :) But yes, it will be a great support/ambush unit - I'm anxious to see it! 8)

Starfox100 wrote:A Montauk MK.2 a strong (laser/plasma) weapon in the front.
At the point it deploys the front goes into the ground and the gun will be transported towards the back. at that point the gun will be on top of the structure and capable to defend itself.

That would be very cool to have forward facing weapons moving from front to the back as the Montauk II deploys into the Fist of Nod :thumbup: Also maybe have the front drill "dig in", so that units can exit the front.

Starfox100 wrote:i want to draw it out but i do not know if 2 compartments are capable to be coded. (like one of this Scrin units of KW. do not know the name)

I'm not positive, but after Carnius has said that the Mechepede isn't really codable for C&C3, I'm guessing it's not codeable for two compartments - unless he has a workaround idea :) I'd be just fine if it only had one compartment, though.

Edited by: .Mac.

Mar 2 2013, 12:33am Anchor

i believe infantry production is better for 3 reason:
1. its faster production! (which u need when ur using this unit as a attack support)
2. it will fit better for size of that unit! vehicle is to big and will force the vehicle to look kinda to big or chubby!
3. it make more sense to create infantry from a vehicle instead of vehicle from vehicle!
at least i think like this xD

Mar 2 2013, 5:21am Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:i believe infantry production is better for 3 reason:
1. its faster production! (which u need when ur using this unit as a attack support)
2. it will fit better for size of that unit! vehicle is to big and will force the vehicle to look kinda to big or chubby!
3. it make more sense to create infantry from a vehicle instead of vehicle from vehicle!
at least i think like this xD

1. If fast production is what you want, aren't the Buggy and Bike fast enough to produce? I feel if it's anything faster than that outside someone's base, then all you're doing is just spamming units and that isn't strategy -_- If the Montauk is to deploy only infantry, then I feel the name Fist of Nod shouldn't be mentioned anywhere on the unit - it'd be like calling the regular Nod barracks "Fist of Nod", and that wouldn't be right. Personally, I'd prefer that the notion of the Fist of Nod is kept as well as its integrity. But again, depending on Carnius and what he's thinking, my opinion may change :)
2. It would only need to be at least as big as an MCV, and I don't think that's too big or too small for this particular unit that unpacks to be a structure.
3. In TS, the Fist of Nod was a vehicle that deployed into a structure. I'm assuming Carnius is wanting to keep this concept by having the Montauk II (vehicle) deploy into a Fist of Nod (war factory/structure), just like an MCV deploying into a Construction Yard (and that builds a Surveyor), so it won't be vehicle from a vehicle (because agreed that would be weird ;) )

Now this is a nice debate, I like this - I feel it's productive and no matter what we're keeping it respectful XD

Mar 2 2013, 5:49am Anchor

hmm but why do we need a portable vehicle factory in TE? in TS it was useful because there was no vehicle transport for NOD vehicles and moving in big maps was hard! also u couldnt make patch bases without CY! but in TE all of them are possible we have vehicle call for transports, we have long range underground travel abilities we can easily make patch bases and its easy and fast to move around the map with vehicles....
if this unit isnt going to be battle support then i see no use for it in TE except a moving obelisk of light/darkness! any idea?

Mar 2 2013, 10:41am Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:hmm but why do we need a portable vehicle factory in TE? in TS it was useful because there was no vehicle transport for NOD vehicles and moving in big maps was hard! also u couldnt make patch bases without CY! but in TE all of them are possible we have vehicle call for transports, we have long range underground travel abilities we can easily make patch bases and its easy and fast to move around the map with vehicles....
if this unit isnt going to be battle support then i see no use for it in TE except a moving obelisk of light/darkness! any idea?

That's a fair question and I think you have good points :) And I guess one could also ask why do we need a Montauk that deploys infanty? Or a Kodiak unit? ;) To me, the answer is to capture the essence of most (if not all) of these former TS units that we know and enjoyed, one way or another, and to have them function appropriately and balanced for C&C3's style of gameplay... and then have fun with them :) I certainly wouldn't want units to appear and behave exactly the same as they did in TS, because some and certain changes are acceptable since there will be progression between TS and TE; but if the essence of a former unit with the same name is to be seen again, keeping their role/function from TS is important to me - As an example, to me it'd be like replacing the Titan's armed cannon to be only a MG, and so then the role/integrity of the Titan isn't the same - it's a new unit entirely.

If Carnius wants this Nod unit to deploy just vehicles, of course that'd be great for when the Montauk deploys into a structure called Fist of Nod (FON). If he wanted some infantry along with some vehicles being deployed from this structure, I think that'd be a possible change while still keeping the original function of the FON. But if he had the unit only deploy infantry, I feel that has pushed the boundary and it wouldn't feel much like a FON anymore, but instead it'd feel only like a Montauk II that can deploy infantry. So in some form, I'd like to see the essence of the FON that we are familiar with in TS :D

Edited by: .Mac.

Mar 2 2013, 11:35am Anchor

no offense bro but ur example isnt correct, kodiak is indeed a cool toy to play with but he have a important role which is anti heavy air unit and support for ground! and about infantry FON as i did mention before infantry production is faster than vehicle and better for guerrilla tactics specially if its cyborg they can do some punch! so my idea is:
a FON with infantry production is a good support battle unit which can provide reinforcement to front line battle but it wont be OP either because a Barrack alone cant do anything against enemy defense or offense army!
personally i believe the name of "Fist of nod" make more sense with infantry than vehicle production because the name of NOD barrack is "Hand of nod" and NOD can control everywhere with his iron fist "first of nod" which can provide officers and footmans in any location :P

but i have no problem with vehicle either i just think making vehicle isnt really useful since low ranks are way easy to blow up and high ranks take to much time to be created which will leave the Unit vulnerable! and i think if carnius alter the build time of vehicles for FON then this will leave war factory useless :/
in other hand Infantry need no alter in building time and have more variety to encounter almost any unit for low price and time (rifleman/rocketman/flamer)

well im sure carnius already have the idea to what to do but its just fun to talk about this ideas when we have nothing better to do xD
at least this way we can have a little bit of fun until the next version is released :D
hey btw did u notice that this unit is going to be very like the walkers in cnc4? a combined infantry and vehicle wont be bad either now that i think about it :D

Mar 3 2013, 3:49pm Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:no offense bro but ur example isnt correct, kodiak is indeed a cool toy to play with but he have a important role which is anti heavy air unit and support for ground!

None taken :) but sorry you misunderstood my point by that example. What I meant was Carnius could have just as easily designed a new unit with a different name that has the same abilities for anti-air, etc. But he brought back the Kodiak (II) because he wanted to give us an iconic unit which we are familiar with from TS, and made it useful. I believe the same should be done with this FON and for us to identify that it is indeed the FON, in some way or another, it should be allowed to deploy vehicles, simple as that 8) ("Fist of Nod" signifies the "stronger" formation of the hand, hence vehicles, whereas "Hand of Nod" is still for infantry - that's basically how it was intended to be interpreted and it shouldn't be altered ;) ).

Ahrimansiah wrote:and about infantry FON as i did mention before infantry production is faster than vehicle and better for guerrilla tactics specially if its cyborg they can do some punch!

It's true that the rifle and rockets squads are faster and cheaper, but since you're also talking specifically about faster production time with the cyborgs, you should notice something: cyborgs (0:10) actually take a bit longer to build than Bikes (0:08) and Buggies (0:08) and the same amount of time to build as the Scorpion Tanks and Scarab APCs. Furthermore, the Cyborgs ($1000) cost more than either one of those vehicles ;)

I've heard of the Crawler unit, but I haven't played C&C4 to know all about it and its capabilities, but from what I've read from many forums and watched for a few minutes, I don't think I've missed much :carefree: I'll agree that both infantry and vehicles could work and still be appropriate for this Montauk/FON, if this is the direction Carnius wants (I'm thinking just Bike, Buggy, Scorpion, and Scarab for the basic vehicles, and then rifle and rocket squad and possibly cyborg squad for the basic infantry - since this FON isn't intended to take the place of the regular structures and we don't want it OP, it shouldn't build that many), or it'd work well if he kept the structure at its roots and wanted only vehicles (I'm thinking the 4 basic vehicles I've already mentioned, plus: Devil's Tongue, Basalisk, and Phantom - any more vehicles than that, I feel it could make it OP; and it's an assault/support structure, so I'd say it's not necessary/needed for this to build the Harvester and MCV).

Ahrimansiah wrote:well im sure carnius already have the idea to what to do but its just fun to talk about this ideas when we have nothing better to do xD
at least this way we can have a little bit of fun until the next version is released :D

Exactly, it's always fun to discuss prospective units :D I'm sure Carnius already has the general idea for what to do with this unit too, but I'm sure every now and then he looks to these pages and sees what we suggest and maybe gets ideas :) To end my side of the discussion: whichever Carnius feels will work and be useful and balanced for the game, while keeping respect to both the Montauk and FON with this single unit, I'll be happy with it :) And it has been fun, entertaining, and productive discussing/debating with you :D

I'm curious about your thoughts and opinions about what we've been talking about here ;) Moddb.com

Mar 3 2013, 4:14pm Anchor

oh! yeah looks like i did misunderstood your point! i see ur point now!
thanx bro its nice chatting with your about the game too! i better not join that chat or me and u will conquer that forum too xDDDD
just jk haha will check it out soon ^^

Edited by: Ahrimansiah

Mar 3 2013, 5:33pm Anchor
Ahrimansiah wrote:i better not join that chat or me and u will conquer that forum too xDDDD

XD more like command & conquer, lol jk, we'll give others a chance ;)

Edited by: .Mac.

Mar 4 2013, 12:47am Anchor

I've got it! I HAVE IT!

Just like the Kodiak can upgrade to have stratofighter or ion cannon, the Montouk will have mutually exclusive upgrades.

Normally, the Montouk can unpack into a Foot of Nod, which deploys nod infantry. It moves slowly. It has two machine guns and a cannon. It can upgrade to have either:
1. A subterranean attack ability. Adds a drill to the front of it. Gives it ability to crush light vehicles as well.
2. Change unpack structure to "Head of Nod", which can deploy infantry and vehicles. Also changes the machine guns to tiberium beams and the heavy cannon to a laser.

Edited by: Stuart98

Mar 4 2013, 3:10am Anchor

i like that idea!

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Mar 4 2013, 5:47am Anchor

@ Stuart,
now we're getting somewhere. 8)
also suggest that training troops must cost less time to build infantry from the FON. so you can make a real push at the front line.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Mar 4 2013, 10:37am Anchor

If Montouk can harvest tiberium like MARV....

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Mar 4 2013, 11:35am Anchor

@ positiverain,
yeah... small problem EA added that to the engine of KW. and is missing in TW. otherwise it was probably already been used.

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Mar 4 2013, 6:12pm Anchor

Correcto, the vanilla C&C3 3ngine w/o KW is unable to have vehicles instantly harvest tiberium. The only way that would work would be if the mod was ported to KW, which would be a lot of work for carnius, remove all custom sounds, result in a smaller playerbase, etc.

Mar 4 2013, 9:19pm Anchor

Would be nice if Carnius would just form a team so he doesn't have to do it all himself...

Mar 4 2013, 9:34pm Anchor

Yeah, with Helge. They could combine TE and TA and create the biggest monster of a mod ever seen... ever thought possible!

Mar 5 2013, 3:23am Anchor

well i dont wana see this mod on KW instead of CNC3! never been fan of factions for GDI and NOD (i hate to be forced to choose limited tactics because of my arsenal! i want to have all the arsenal and make my own tactics) , it will take TO MUCH time, all mods are on CNC3 and i dont wana keep an extra game on my pc because of a mod SPECIALLY that we have KW mod for cnc3 which is awesome too!
but carnius + helge = TE + TA would be awesome! but somehow i believe their taste is different in the game...

Edited by: Ahrimansiah

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.