All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
by member
1.51 bug list (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : General Banter : 1.51 bug list) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
GoldenArbiter
GoldenArbiter Proud servant of Kane
Jul 11 2012, 9:39pm Anchor
Blak-Dragon wrote:@Valherran & Arbiter

I hardly think it's failing or dirty as I only recently bought this GTX590 3 months ago. More or less, this is the first and only time I see this Direct3d notification pop up after I updated this mod to the 1.51 Beta. I've played plenty of other games recently without any crashes or graphical glitches such as I'm experiencing with TE 1.5.1

So I mostly think it's just something with the Beta that will probably be fixed after further patching. Either that or maybe I just need to redownload it again.

You should still clean it once a month.
But yah, try reinstalling. Maybe also check for driver updates for your system?

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Aug 1 2012, 10:37am Anchor

There is a bug when you recruit Forgotten units. When I build Humvee with shift button, it queued up 5 Humvee while max build number of Humvee are 3.

Aug 1 2012, 12:48pm Anchor

"Known issues that persist:
Titan model glitch when exits Warfactory
Mutants in skirmish - 3 units limit doesnt work properly, you are still able to build more when using fast build option by holding shift + click "
So Carnius knows about it. But somehow I didnt know that by shift-click I will fill the production queue to the max.   :D  Ain't so big problem for me having 5 instead of 3. I heard people want to get rid of restrictions for mutants anyway.But its strange it doesnt throw a mistake,warning sound,etc. when the fourth one comes to queue.If you will have and select 2 mutant (ehh,how is now called those "howels"?) and shift-click at the same time,does it mean you will have 10 mutant units? (of one type)

GoldenArbiter
Aug 5 2012, 12:47am Anchor

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but its been around since 1.4...

You can build multiple dropship command centre things for GDI if you have multiple con yards. just start construction on them all at around the same time. can't say the same for MKII though...

--

"Before enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water. After enlightenment: Chop wood, fetch water." -zen proverb

Aug 20 2012, 2:51pm Anchor

Cncforever wrote:I would really love it if the power plants and / or refinerys could look like the ones in Tiberian Sun. Just my thoughts since I have no idea whether you want to do that, how much work would be involved or if anyone else feels the same. I think it would add a great feeling to the game. Something always felt wrong about how EA made the Power Plants look in my opinion. On a different note, Ive played the unmodded Cnc3 on and off for years now but when I used to play the old Tiberian Sun, I remember playing for many hours. I found that after playing with the beta 1.5 TE Mod, it gave me that same Tiberian Sun feeling again and I ended up playing for many hours just like back in the days!

So just a big thanks to all of those involved in creating this mod (I know its just a few passionate fans).

you know whats really funny you are complaining about the Powerplants saying oh that was EAs work it is crap, and the sad part is you haven't done your research, both GDI and Nod Powerplants are heavily based on models created by Westwood for the canceled Tiberium incursion game. the major differences is that the Nod PP got retextured by EA (was an improvement) and both gained upgrades. so you see complaining about the PPs when they really were designed by Westwood, not smart.

a coupple bugs i have found,
first i can't tell if the GDI sub calibur rounds are actually working, the machine gun i forget the name componenet tower turret does not show an increase in range (its not so visiblie on anything else so i cannot tell if it is right or not), in general i think the component towers need a longer range maybe +50 so they can attack targets that are trying to attack the walls in front of them. 

nod shadow squads mini bombs often have troubble, if they are targeted when a distance from the target they may just go into cooldown and not drop, sometimes triggering the ability will cause them to slide,  i am also slightly concerned that they might be too effective as stealth bombers with infinite loiter time. 

nod Cobra artillery is unbalanced, it has 0 deploy time and restealths too quick, i suggest A. give the artillery a 5 second deploy time with a 3-5 second undeploy time, give the cobra the option of a manual deploy, and either extend the time it takes to restealth or limit its stealth to beeing in mobile mode, otherwise they fire you charge them and can't attack, till it fires again, which 9 times out of 10 it hurts.  also could increase its cost and/or production time.

GDI commando does not automatically use his ability when targeting a building, which is just annoying.
GDI does not have a good early Game AA unit, my only defense against aircraft in early game is just APC with missile squads.
personally i would like to see the wolverine stealth detect, the falcon is pretty weak and often not worth building as it will be destroyed by most anti-tank capable agressors.

thats most that i can think of for now. 

Aug 20 2012, 4:03pm Anchor

Early game.Hmm, I am always obssesed with having map as "information is the most powerfull weapon, so I tend to build Radar before Factory. i.e. requirement for Jetpack troopers, you can also skip the weak APC's and go for the Armory infantry upgrades and provide your missile troops a Medic.(I have noticed,that Medic squad-800 credits,that their battle hospital can be now sold,when sold,Medic shall appear again and that when sold for the first time,it will refund you, 400 credits,and that means Medic squad actually costs 400 credits,when you will sell your battle hospital for the second,third,etc. time it will refund you 0 credits)  But for the another good GDI AA,you can use MLRS.
I completely agree with Cobra. 
And just why the god were Scorpion tanks price decreased from 900 to 850 ? Their laser capacitator upgrade can be upgraded early and only for 2000 credits.Thats very unfair towards GDI Titans for 1400 credits with late rail gun upgrade for 5000 credits.

Sep 12 2012, 5:28pm Anchor

You did such a great work, that i created this account to tell you (what you surely have heard a few times). Tanks a lot for all your hard work and time. The mod you created is much better then the original game and is my favourite mod. Last bat not least, i'm seeing forward for the next version of this map - take your time to fix the bugs (like nod defence/cobra etc.)
Hmm well - this was a short post, but i hop you'll forgive it (and my bad english)

GoldenArbiter
Sep 12 2012, 8:02pm Anchor
Minohem wrote:You did such a great work, that i created this account to tell you (what you surely have heard a few times). Tanks a lot for all your hard work and time. The mod you created is much better then the original game and is my favourite mod. Last bat not least, i'm seeing forward for the next version of this map - take your time to fix the bugs (like nod defence/cobra etc.)
Hmm well - this was a short post, but i hop you'll forgive it (and my bad english)

I'm sure Carnius appreciates your enthusiasm, but this is a thread for bug posts. Please place comments like these in the General Banter topic.

--

Oct 18 2012, 10:56am Anchor

Dont know if anyone else has experienced this but it seems the Cyborg Commando can still attack aircraft and airborne units (like the jump-jet infantry & Nod Shadows) with his Overcharge Shot ability in 1.51 beta by firing beneath them with it

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Oct 18 2012, 1:00pm Anchor

Nope, not at my game

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Oct 18 2012, 6:35pm Anchor
M0nkfish wrote:Dont know if anyone else has experienced this but it seems the Cyborg Commando can still attack aircraft and airborne units (like the jump-jet infantry & Nod Shadows) with his Overcharge Shot ability in 1.51 beta by firing beneath them with it

The AI do that to me alot, I managed to do it a bunch of times to Orcas, it's pretty random that it will happen.

Oct 26 2012, 11:45pm Anchor

i tried creating a shortcut to lauch the mod but i get this error (screenshot)
S1214.beta.photobucket.com

using the game browser isnt an option due to not only the fact that i had to use a nocd crack, but that my original cd no longer works (puppies chew on EVERYTHING, lost my decade disk too)

help would be appreciated

--

game is cracked @ version 1.09help would be appreciated

GoldenArbiter
Oct 27 2012, 1:28am Anchor
ren9999 wrote:i tried creating a shortcut to lauch the mod but i get this error (screenshot)

using the game browser isnt an option due to not only the fact that i had to use a nocd crack, but that my original cd no longer works (puppies chew on EVERYTHING, lost my decade disk too)

What did you use to make the shortcut? An EXE or a Batch file?

--

Oct 28 2012, 6:12pm Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:
ren9999 wrote:i tried creating a shortcut to lauch the mod but i get this error (screenshot)

What did you use to make the shortcut? An EXE or a Batch file?

it believe it would be the exe (i copied the shortcut to the exe then modified it)
if you need file paths i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to provide. all you need to is ask

Edited by: ren9999

GoldenArbiter
Oct 28 2012, 9:47pm Anchor

Okay, yes. I need:
Target
start in
C&C install Dir
32/64bit OS.

--

Oct 29 2012, 4:33pm Anchor
GoldenArbiter wrote:Okay, yes. I need:
Target
start in
C&C install Dir
32/64bit OS.

um ok not sure what you mean by the first 2 but ill give ya what i got
mod file directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Games\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\TiberiumEssence
cnc isntall directory: (default but here it is anyways) C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3
original shortcut target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe"
modified shortcut target(both versions i tried):
       try 1: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe" -modConfig "C:\TiberiumEssence\TiberiumEssence_1.51.skudef
       try 2: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3\CNC3.exe" -modConfig "C:\Documents and Settings\Games\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\TiberiumEssence\TiberiumEssence_1.51.skudef
OS is standard winXP (32 i believe)
hope this helps

GoldenArbiter
Oct 29 2012, 7:26pm Anchor

Found your problem. 'modconfig' should have no capitols.

--

Oct 29 2012, 7:54pm Anchor

agh found the problem... i was missing the ending quotation marks after .skudef
aslo the pathway after -modconfig has to contain the UNABBREVIATED path the the .skudef file... (i had to use the path i listed as try 2 aka the longest of the 2 paths)
by the way the capitalization in -modconfig DOES NOT MATTER (i even tried typing modconfig in all caps, still worked), but punctuation marks DO MATTER. thought you should know

i hope my problem helps others with the same issue

it is now working
any remaning questions?

--

game is cracked @ version 1.09help would be appreciated

GoldenArbiter
Oct 29 2012, 8:24pm Anchor

Well... I didn't even notice that. Good work on seeing that.

--

Nov 20 2012, 1:17pm Anchor

hello to all, I found the following BUG namely at the tower defesiv when he tries to shoot the bullet curve flicker. and wanted to ask is this normal NOD has no ultra unit? GDI Mammoth and the Scrin have the mother ship but the NOD has not? sorry but I'm German, and my english is not so good. =)

GooberTrooper
GooberTrooper Nod Global Operations Commander
Nov 20 2012, 9:01pm Anchor
TheTechno wrote:hello to all, I found the following BUG namely at the tower defesiv when he tries to shoot the bullet curve flicker. and wanted to ask is this normal NOD has no ultra unit? GDI Mammoth and the Scrin have the mother ship but the NOD has not? sorry but I'm German, and my english is not so good. =)

Yes it is normal that Nod lacks an ultra unit. No, Nod will not receive an ultra unit.

Edited by: GooberTrooper

--

"War is timeless, and so are we."~ Forgotten Tick Tank

Nov 20 2012, 10:05pm Anchor
GooberTrooper wrote:
TheTechno wrote:hello to all, I found the following BUG namely at the tower defesiv when he tries to shoot the bullet curve flicker. and wanted to ask is this normal NOD has no ultra unit? GDI Mammoth and the Scrin have the mother ship but the NOD has not? sorry but I'm German, and my english is not so good. =)

Yes it is normal that Nod lacks an ultra unit. No, Nod will not receive an ultra unit.

ah okaii ...thx =)

Nov 26 2012, 4:07pm Anchor

Nod Forced Evolution upgrade (Secret shrine) doesnt function for Saboteurs.So poor fella dies like after taking 2 steps into tiberium,while Militants,Rocket Militants,Cyborgs are laughing at him. Little sad, while Saboteur is the only one actually having proper NBC suit in entire Nod army.Albeit, fortunately, times of ghetto hoodies,helmetless soldiers,Sniper desert hats,Zone troopers sun glasses are long gone.For some reason Black Hands dont need this upgrade, yet they are T-resistant.

And little somehow unclear off-topic note: I also completely forgot that there are no more Avatar Husks and that Tiberium Power pack upgrade (Nod Tech Center) doesnt improve Avatars (or Scorpion tanks) stamina or armor(but movement and attack speed) :D

Sep 22 2013, 11:05am Anchor

Hey Carnius. I just picked up your mod today. I gotta say i've really enjoyed it. This thread seems dead. BUT i found a few bugs. Mainly 2.

first. The NOD base defenses deploy in twos for some reason, they no longer deploy in three's.

Second. The weapon speed upgrade for the scorpion doesn't seem very noticeable. Also The forced evolution upgrade doesn't increase the saboteurs speed either. Which is a bummer. I'll let you know if i find something else. I think changing the armour type of the regular cyborgs to "light walker" would somehow make them more able to take out light vehicles, yet suffer from AT weapons.

Edited by: rolandisback

Starfox100
Starfox100 "Inferno Phoenix" field Commander
Sep 22 2013, 12:24pm Anchor

the Nod defenses are intentionally brought back to two. because of lag and spam reasons (AI build A LOT of defenses just randomly so reducing the amount of turrets helps quite a bunch there. the 2 turrets got also the same strength of when you had 3)

Edited by: Starfox100

--

User Posted Image
May the fox be with you...

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.