This is the main hub of all Star Wars Role Playing activity on Mod DB. Join by posting a comment in the comment section and we will send you an invite.

  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
  • View media
Raid
embed
share
view previous next
 
Post comment Comments
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 11 2013, 6:41am says:

*Captain Rool looks out the thick window separating him from the vacuum of space. He cursed under his breath. Pirates. Damned pirates.*

"Sir! Those fellow don't look like they want crumpets and bloody tea, sir! Orders?"

*He looked back at his second in command. This convoy was important, and had to get through to the Core Worlds. Wealthy men don't like those who fail them. He could go out of business because of this. Damned Pirates.*

*He sent a message back.*

"You bloody pirates! You are not getting a single scrap of anything e have on board! Some people in the Galaxy are trying to make a decent living and I will not let you take my crew or me out of business! You want to steal our livelihood from us? Fine! But you'll have to take it with bloodied hands!"

*He looked back. His crew looked back at him. They knew too well that if the pirates stole this, they would be out of business and as good as dead. Might as well go out fighting.*

*Rool drew his sword. He had been a former Imperial Captain before this, and his sword was awarded to him at the Battle of Mon Calamari. He would not be killed by starvation or pirates after surviving that horrible and terrible battle. He would not!*

OOC: There you go, let Nym's morality eat that! xD.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Headhunter128
Headhunter128 May 11 2013, 10:22am replied:

Them damn dirty apes!

xD

+2 votes     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 11 2013, 2:45pm replied:

Bad news ten, nym's the only one who doesn't kill xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
lord_of_pain
lord_of_pain May 11 2013, 3:02pm replied:

thats why he's trying to say that they are as good as dead if nym raids them

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 11 2013, 6:51pm says:

Nym rolls his eyes, growling in irritation. The message he ensured was routed throughout his own ships; the inbound shuttles wave off, waiting for alternate commands, and Nym's own shuttle stays close to the hangar bay.

"They're idiots," he growls. He turns around, addressing the crew in the shuttle. "You heard them," he begins. "We'll have to take our loot with bloodied hands. I see that as a challenge. I know for a fact that each and every one of you is capable of going in there and tearing them apart. But I also know for a fact that w're capable of taking over that ship without killing a single person. They don't think we can. Let's prove them wrong." Blacklight nods, as do the rest of the crew in the shuttle, their morale raised slightly by the impromptu speech.

Nym walks over to Rogue, who had turned her back during the speech, trying to ignore Nym's ideologies in favor of checking her gear. "You heard what I said," he begins. "Don't kill anyone." She turns around, taking off her mask, an annoyed look on her face. "For the most part, there are just civilians on those ships." Nym continues. "We don't want to polarize people by killing them."

Rogue looks at the naive pirate with a look of almost disbelief. "You're robbing people of their livelihoods," she counters. "And you DON'T want to polarize them? If you're going to tell me to do something stupid, at least give me a good reason." With that, she turns her back, her focus returning to her gear.

Nym shakes his head and turns to Blacklight. "What're we up against?" he asks, slightly relieved to be in more friendly company.

OOC: This is the part where you tell me how many men I'm up against. Hope you liked that bit of dialogue, it provides a bit of insight into the relationships some of the characters have.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 11 2013, 8:43pm says:

OOC: I'd say, what? 500? 1,000? Depends on how many ships are in the convoy, and what type of ships they consist of. I'd say the "flagship" has around 100-150 men on it, then another 25-75 men on each other ship.

*Captain Rool was bellowing out orders. Men were running around. Some of the other ships in the convoy had surrendered, wanting to live rather than fight.*

"Get those barricades up! Are the defensive turrets activated yet? No? Well then activate them then! Where the hell are the security guards?"

*A squad of men came running in. One of them walked up to Rool.*

"There you are, Captain. Me and my men are awaiting orders."

"Good to see you, Yoan. How many men do you have again?"

"35, sir. Armed and ready."

"Get them to the bridge. Dig in their, I'll organize the defenses here."

*The security guards ran to the bridge, leaving Rool to organize the defenses. Most of them were not professional soldiers, but many of them had once been in the Imperial Navy, and when the Empire fell they signed up elsewhere. They had basic combat training, which Rool was glad of.*

*Barricades were set up in every corridor, with men manning them. The defense turret were activated, and the men were armed with blaster rifles and vibro swords.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 11 2013, 8:43pm says:

*The Bridge was the most defended. The best fighters on the ship were located their, and Rool fell back to organize the defense from it. The doors were sealed shut, and Rool sent another message to the pirates.*

"Look, we're not corrupt. We don't work for any Empires, or any Republics. We're transporting foods and a few luxury items into the Core Worlds. You don't seem like the typical pirates who would just storm the ship and kill us all. Why the hell are you threatening to take everything we have yet not kill us? Is this some sort of game? A sadistic trick? Like a cat playing with its prey?"

*Rool sighed, glancing over at Yoan. Yoan quickly looked away, out into space. He looked back, the nodded. Rool turned back to the comms array.*

"Whatever it is you're doing, it won't work. You want these goods? You're gonna have to take them. I've got a reputation to keep."

*Yoan smirked ever so slightly. Others on the ship laughed quietly at the joke. Not really a joke, not even funny, but anything to get rid of the tension.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 12 2013, 10:47am says:

Nym's shuttle nears the hangar bay of the lead ship, its shields up just in case there is resistance waiting for it.

"Plan?" Nym asks, looking around.

"The head's the weakness," Rogue mutters. "We take out the captain, the others won't want to fight anymore."

"First we have to get to him," Nym mutters. "I'd bet you quite a bit there's at least a hundred men between us and the bridge, and I'd bet you more that's where he is."

"If you can get me to a terminal," Blacklight interjects, "I think I could do some damage. They've got some defensive turrets. Child's play to turn them against the defenders."

"Only if necessary," Nym says. "I'm more concerned with the PA system. If you can access that, we've got a huge advantage."

The shuttle lurches to a halt as it lands and the boarding ramp lowers. The crew exit the ship, Fido in the lead, its bulky chassis planned to be the "tank" in the operation.

Nym stays behind, sending one last message back to the captain. "This is your last chance. All we want is the cargo. Is your reputation really worth that? Are the lives of your men really worth that?"

OOC: I'm assuming there are no defenses in the hangar, as they were never mentioned.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 12 2013, 11:32am says:

*Rool sighed. This guy just didn't get it, did he?*

"I'm not bloody worried about my damned reputation. You may be the big pirate lord surrounded by your high tech gadgets and and scary armor, but not everyone in the Galaxy is like that, thank the Force. Some of us are trying to make a decent living. We are trying to make a decent living. This is pretty much the base of any society, eh? The big and strong take from the small and weak."

"Well you know what? I'm damned tired of you and your kind. I'm tired of hearing about these convoys going missing, of good, decent men being left with nothing but the clothes on their back if they're lucky. I'm not having that anymore. I'm not rolling over so that you can just stroll in anytime you want and take whatever you want. Nah, cause you see, in this situation, we're the real men. You're just blood sucking leaches, damned vultures, good for nothing but stealing from those less fortunate than you."

"So bring it on, you damned, bloody pirates! See what its like to fight real men!"

*Cheers sounded around the ship, shouts and insults were bellowed down the hallways and corridors at the pirate forces. Rool, his face still defiant, knew this was a hopeless battle. But just because a battle was hopeless did not mean it couldn't be fought for. Yoan patted him on the back.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 12 2013, 11:55am says:

Nym rolls his eyes at the speech. He could sit and argue with the captain all day, but they didn't have the luxury of a great deal of time. So he simply uttered three words: "So be it."

He nods to the final person sitting down in the shuttle. She gets up, nodding back: Shiva. "Ready?" she asks.

"Ready," he replies.

They both exit the shuttle, joining the rest of the crew. Fido is ready, his weapons armed. Blacklight does a final check of his droid. "Initiate protocol delta," he says.

"Protocol delta in place," the droid responds. "Logarithms modified for non-lethal attack patterns."

Nym nods in approval and looks around. The crew is ready. "Be on the lookout for terminals, Black," he says to the tech, knowing how valuable such things could be. Blacklight nods and the group moves in, approaching the first hallway...

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 12 2013, 1:57pm says:

OOC: Nym is weird. xD.

*Ten men were stationed in the hallway, and as soon as the pirates are in sight they fire off their blasters.*

*Rool spots the large combat droid on the ship security cameras. He calls out to Yoan.*

"Do we have any EMP devices?"

"Some, yeah. They're in the weapons locker. Should I fetch them?"

"Yes, we may need them..."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 12 2013, 3:08pm says:

OOC: How so?

IC: Nym signals for his men to halt at the corner. He peeks around and immediately comes back, narrowly avoiding several blaster shots. Nym pulls out two canisters, grenades, and activates them, tossing them out. At the same time, his shields raise and he draws his pike.

The canisters explode, one releasing thick smoke and the other making a deafening noise and flash, stunning and blinding the men. Nym charges out following the detonations, weaving to avoid any stray panicked blaster shots from the stunned men. He covers the distance exceptionally quickly, and his pike, one blade extended, weaves through the crowd of men; the pike is extended but not active, essentially making it a bludgeoning tool.

When the smoke clears, the men are all unconscious, Nym standing in the center. He motions for his small group to move up...

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 12 2013, 3:46pm says:

OOC: If you have such team and weapons at your disposal it would be morally a bit more justified and maybe a bit more profitable too, if you targeted companys and syndicates with dubious motives.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 12 2013, 3:54pm replied:

That's true, but the problem with doing so is that companies and syndicates with dubious motives are often much tougher targets. Best to start out small and get a good base.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 12 2013, 4:50pm replied:

I would've agreed a few weeks ago, but it seems you built out your crew quite nicely ;)
Now it feels like your character is on a turning point, doesn't this feel a bit.. easy? Ten's like trying his best to make it a bit interesting xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 12 2013, 4:51pm replied:

Don't worry. This will be the last "easy operation", and is mainly just an intro.

+1 vote     reply to comment
_w_
_w_ May 12 2013, 5:01pm replied:

KNEW IT
lol

carry on :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 13 2013, 12:27pm says:

OOC: If you want to RP everything, then just ignore this or replace it with a more detailed version:

IC *The pirates advance through the ship, disabling most, if not all of the men aboard. They were two hallways away from the bridge. Suddenly, both doors of the corridor they were in shut down, sealed.*

*A gas started to emit, enough to quickly knock out nearly anyone.*

"Activated the defenses in Hallway 2, Captain. That should take some of them out."

"Good, proceed with the plan. Hopefully this should work."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 13 2013, 7:42pm says:

As the doors come down, panic overtakes Nym for a split second, but in as much time it is repressed. "Close ranks!" he roars, and the men bunch together. "Shiva!" he calls as the gas begins to hiss in, and the rogue Jedi nods.

She raises her hands and the gas halts, a small, weak bubble forming around the crew, giving them enough time to put on breath masks.

"You good?" Nym asks.

"Fine," Shiva replies coolly. "It's not blaster bolts."

"We need to get through that door," Nym says. "Blacklight? Can Fido find a weakness."

Blacklight glances at the war droid and the miniature turbolaser mounted on the right side of its chassis. "I don't think he needs to," he replies.

Nym nods. "Everyone, back against the other door! Shiva, things are going to get a little hot!"

"You've got to be kidding me," she growls, following the group as they crowd the far side of the corridor. She closes her eyes in concentration and extends both arms, letting out a small hiss as she strengthens the barrier. "If you're going to do something," she says, the strain evident in her voice, "do it. NOW!"

"Fido?" Nym calls. The droid comes to life, arming its turbolaser and targeting the far door; the weapon is set to have just enough power to blast through the bulkhead. "Blow it."

The droid fires a single shot, and the door explodes in a flash of light. The crew remain unharmed, but Shiva looks as if she is about to collapse; her teeth are clenched in effort, and she appears to be close to buckling under some unseen force.

The smoke clears and the door is gone. "Everyone move up!" Nym orders. He stays behind to help up Shiva. "You alright?"

"Don't make me do that again," she hisses, getting up and taking a moment to steady herself.

Nym chuckles. "Come on, let's move." They rejoin the group and continue towards the bridge.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 14 2013, 11:29am says:

*As soon as the door blows open, they are greeted by blaster shots. Two EMP grenades are thrown in, frying anything electric in the small room.*

*Ten Security Guards had positioned themselves on the other side, to make sure the pirates died, and if not to either kill or capture them afterwards. Hopefully taking the enemy completely by surprise, the ten guards unload their blaster rifles into the small, confined space.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
=СРБ=Ori`verda
=СРБ=Ori`verda May 14 2013, 4:26pm replied:

Ten security guards you say? Interesting number Ten.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 14 2013, 4:36pm replied:

Ten is an awesome number.

xD.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 14 2013, 5:03pm says:

The turbolaser blast takes the guards by surprise, and they scramble to avoid molten slag from the door.

Fido's targeting algorithms kick in and he opens fire with two rotary cannons and a small mass accelerator; four guards are disabled from this before the droid goes offline from the EMP grenades.

Thr pirates throw another smoke grenade and move around, causing the remaining security guards to fire blindly. Nym raises his shields and unholsters his pistol, his HUD marking targets. Six shots ring out through the smoke, and the blasters stop firing, the men clutching their almost destroyed kneecaps. Nym rushes forward and knocks them unconscious with his pike. Fido's targets have similar debilitating, but non-lethal injuries.

Nym assesses his crew. Fido is offline, and his armor has some carbon scoring from some lucky blaster shots. A few of the pirates suffered minor blaster wounds, but for the most part, nothing too major. Nym motions towards the injured. "Get patched up and stay here. Guard Fido. Blacklight, how bad's the damage?"

"He's out of the fight, but there's no permanent damage. He'll have motor funtions back in a few minutes, but I wouldn't count on full functionality. Remind me to look into EMP defenses once we're done here."

Nym nods. "Come on." He gestures towards the soldiers staying behind. "When he comes back online, order him back to the ship. Be careful." They nod in acknowledgement as the rest of the party moves up.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere May 14 2013, 7:45pm replied:

how the **** are your other nameless pirates still alive? are these guys like Ultra Pirates from friggin mandalore or what? seriously xD

i mean be fair mate :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 14 2013, 7:50pm replied:

How would they not be? The enemy troops were firing blind and were disoriented from Fido's assault and turbolaser blast, and my men were moving around; the enemy had no idea where they were. The area may be confined, but it isn't THAT confined.

The enemy troops were taken down quickly and efficiently, which minimized damage. I mentioned carbon scoring on Fido because he's a big target and he would have taken a few hits; he's no longer in the fight due to that damage and due to the EMP grenades. And a few of my men were wounded by grazing blaster shots, which is fair considering the area was confined; if not for the smoke grenade, casualties would have been high, hence why it was thrown down; the enemy soldiers could not see what they were hitting, and thus any shots were based purely on luck.

I fail to see the problem.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere May 14 2013, 8:48pm replied:

10 guns firing into a medium sized force in a very confined space, and only suffer minor casualties? Not to mention the fact that Smoke grenades take a second or less to deploy, the men would have time to get a view at least.

Just offering my opinion, but meh.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 14 2013, 9:18pm replied:

Six disoriented men (Fido took out four before going down), not a very confined space, and it depends on how the smoke is released.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Darth-Furere
Darth-Furere May 14 2013, 9:24pm replied:

lol xD unless you have a smoke blower, then its a grenade which takes a second or less :P

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 15 2013, 7:36am says:

OOC: I would agree with Furere that more than "a few grazes" would be appropriate.

Ship hallways are rather small, and don't provide much room to dodge six blaster rifles firing at you. The men may of been "disorientated" but that wouldn't stop them from firing immediately. All they would need to do is fire blindly into the space, as like I said there isn't much room to move around in and six blasters is more than enough to cover the space you had.

So I consider that move far fetched and rather OP, as the EMP would of deactivated any shields too and your HUD. Blasters I'm not sure about, but for the sake of fairness I'd say they'd stay online.

But it isn't as if this event is going to be really important, so we can just ignore that. But don't expect to try and pull something like that off when the events become bigger, you may have an elite team but boarding a hostile ship is not as "easy as cake".

IC: *Captain Rool swore under his breath as his last line of defense was eliminated. How they survived such a trap was beyond him, but then these weren't your typical pirates.*

*The door leading into the Bridge was sealed. He only had one plan left, not really a plan, more like a last stand. Rool was a man of honor, and he would be damned if he lost to a bunch of outlaws such as them.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 15 2013, 9:59am says:

OOC: I overlooked the EMPs disabling shields and that for some reason. I'll be more observant in future events. Sorry about that.

IC: Nym contacts his ships. "Go ahead and start hauling off cargo in the main ship and any surrendered vessels. We've got resistance here repressed."

He approaches the sealed door. "It's over. You can surrender, fight, or stay cooped up in there. Your choice."

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 16 2013, 5:30pm says:

*Rool sighed. The door slid open, and Rool was stood in the center of the bridge. His sword was in his hand. He glared at the pirates.*

"Hope you feel good about yourself. You gonna leave us stranded out here? It would be quicker to just execute us. We'll be fired for sure, and then become like so many other people, unemployed and die a long and slow death on the streets of some far away planet. I was an Imperial Captain, dammit. I survived battles that would make you run like the bloody coward you are. I've seen men torn apart in a split second, I've seen the corpses of men, women and children lying in the streets, hell, once I even used the corpses of my own squad mates as cover. Yet you, a lowly, cowardly, pirate scumbag are to be the end of me? Kinda says something about life, doesn't it? Damned unfair."

"I'm not giving you my sword, if that's what you want. No formal surrender here, that only applies in wartime. Take what you want, then get the hell off my ship."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 16 2013, 6:27pm says:

Nym resists the urge to counter the captain's military stories, instead focusing on his other questions.

"Once we leave they'll realize you've been attacked, if they haven't realized anything already. You won't be left drifting."

"I don't want your sword. What I do want is for you to allow my associate here," he gestures to Blacklight, "access to your databases. You can refuse, but I wouldn't suggest it, at least not with the position you're in."

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 18 2013, 3:49pm says:

OOC: You're only "resisting the urge" cause you know I'm right... xD.

IC: *The Captain laughed, looking directly at Nym.*

"No matter how many times I bloody tell you, you still don't understand. Don't know why you wear that armor, you're already thick as it is."

"As for the database, I deleted it. What, you think I was going to let you have it? Damned foolish of you. Now get off my ship."

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 18 2013, 5:15pm says:

OOC: "Resisting the urge" is a subtle hint that Nym's got a bloody past of his own...

xD

IC: "Databases? You'll forgive me; I misspoke. Our interest is in your sensor logs, camera feeds, etcetra. I'm not going to argue with you anymore, as I fear I will let something important slip. Secrecy is a valuable weapon, no?"

OOC: Being the idiot I am, I accidentally confused databases with sensor logs...

xD

And what am I not understanding? The irony of a decorated war hero being brought down by a pirate and spending the rest of his days begging for scraps?

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 19 2013, 9:22am says:

OOC: Database is pretty much all info on the ship, in my opinion. Including sensor logs ect, so it would be deleted. Does it really matter, or is it just "fluff".

IC: *Rool scoffed.*

"Argue with me? You've not said a single word of importance in our "debate". Guilty conscience? Can't think of a good enough excuse to make yourself feel better for what you're doing?"

*Rool sighs.*

"I don't know what drove you to piracy. I don't know what someone with your talents is doing picking on the common men of the Galaxy. You seem bright enough, but then again you're as thick as beskar. I know you're going to take all my stuff. You're going to leave me to starve. leave my men to starve. I hate that. I failed them. But please, by the Force, do not continue doing what you're doing. There is enough suffering in the Galaxy without you adding to it."

*Rool sat down at his chair. The door opened, Yoan walked in. His sword was holstered, and he was followed by the remaining crewmen, all unarmed. They had been captured by another pirate team. All the men just seemed to stare at Nym, knowing this was the man who preyed upon the trade convoys, this was the man condemning them to death. They stared at him, accusing him almost. Yoan muttered a few words, his eyes full of hatred. A pirate hit him in the stomach, telling him to be quiet.*

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 19 2013, 9:22am says:

*Rool spoke again.*

"Cause eventually, you know, people will have had enough. They'll have enough of being stolen from, of being oppressed, of being beaten up by those stronger than them. One or two will speak out, some more will fight. Eventually, they'll unite under a common hatred. Do you really want to become a man so hated people would actually risk everything they own to kill you? Because, going down the road you're on, you will. Hell, I'm already wanting to jump up and plant this sword into you."

*Rool stopped. Talking was all he could do right now, no matter the fact his words were wasted on the pirates.*

OOC: You seem to think Rool only cares about himself. Now, you got half of it right, but most of the guys on his ships are his friends and they'll all starve too. He was actually trying to appeal to the moral side of Nym Rool thought he had, as he didn't want to kill. Apparently, Nym is just some sort of madman who doesn't want to spread death to the Galaxy but is fine with stealing from innocent workers leading them to starve and die.

Idk, just seems confusing to me (and him xD).

+1 vote     reply to comment
=СРБ=Ori`verda
=СРБ=Ori`verda May 19 2013, 10:09am replied:

OOC: That speech makes me want to go all Pompeius Magnus on AK lol.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 19 2013, 11:45am says:

"I'm just going to say right now that I doubt you'll end up starving on the streets. If your employers fire you for doing your best against pirates that you had no chance against, they're idiots and you're better off with someone else. If you are fired, find a new job. It's simple as that."

Satisfied that the databases are deleted, Nym nods to the other pirates, having been notified that the cargo has been loaded up. "We will be taking our leave at this time. I would love to argue more, but I am in constant fear that we have overstayed our welcome. Goodbye, captain. I wish you luck in any endeavors you may pursue in the future. I'm sure you and your crew will be just fine."

Not waiting for an answer, and disregarding any response, Nym leads the pirates off the bridge and to their ships, the cargo of the convoy already loaded.

OOC: Wanted to get rid of any info that might have been gathered about my forces. And I think Rool's either really dramatic or pessimistic; I seriously doubt one small blight on his career as a ship captain (I'm assuming that this trade convoy is owned by some corporation on Mygeeto. That's what Nym would be robbing) would destroy it to the point that he and everyone on those ships would starve. Nym doesn't focus on one company, he's fairly random in his raids. And due to this, I think that all the men are blowing the consequences of this attack WAY out of proportion...

xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 19 2013, 4:31pm replied:

OOC: Well yes, but I just want to understand Nym.

No killing yet fine with stealing from people. He's either going to become a Robin Hood type fellow or some madman who refuses to kill but is fine with everything else xD.

But then again I doubt they are blowing this out of proportions. You are stealing from them, I very much doubt they'd just be fine with that. If someone walktzed right in and stole from me without a care in the world (especially having the arrogance of saying "I'm too good to kill people") I'd be pretty ******.

Plus Rool was trying to call out to your moral side, which you seem to both have and not have.

xD.

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 19 2013, 5:05pm replied:

Nym's main motivation for the moment is money. At this point, he's raiding easy targets, but that's going to change pretty soon. He doesn't join any faction because he's not interested in the Mandalorians and doesn't want to deal with the Federation and Empire; he's got history with both and is tired of being part of that power game.

As for not killing, that's also something coming from his past. And while he doesn't kill, that doesn't make him entirely good. He's naive and often arrogant, as demonstrated, and he's only in it for the credits (at least for now, but I've got a good story arc planned out). If he inconveniences anyone, he doesn't really care.

So yeah, he's a bit of an odd character. I'm definitely still developing his character a bit, but for the moment, he's nothing more than a slightly interesting pirate...

I assume we're done here? I don't expect to gain anything from this aside from some credits for Nym (I'll discuss with Pain what I can do with them), but I just wanted to make sure.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Ten10dix
Ten10dix May 19 2013, 8:18pm replied:

Yep, done here.

Rather looking forward for Nym's story arc xD.

Just a question: How do you aim to bring Nym in with all our other characters? Or is he going to completely stay out of major Galactic affairs?

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 19 2013, 9:54pm replied:

You'll just have to wait and find out.

*Cheeky grin*

xD

+1 vote     reply to comment
AK151
AK151 May 20 2013, 2:00am says:

Rewards for this event:

Credits for Nym (will be used for upgrades, which have been discussed with Pain).

1 skill point, awarded by Pain.

+1 vote     reply to comment
Post a Comment
click to sign in

You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.

2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only

Description

A trade shipment en route to Mygeeto exits hyperspace, intending to make another jump to continue their journey. However, upon exiting, they are almost immediately opened fire upon by swarms of fighters and bombers; any defenses are targeted and eliminated, ships rendered disabled, but not destroyed, by ion weaponry and well-placed laser cannon shots.

The trade convoys lose their shield generators and any defensive weapons emplacements; engines are severely damaged. They try to get a distress signal out, but find communications to be jammed.

When the fighting stops, the trade ships are adrift, defeated. A message is sent to the trade convoys. "We're coming aboard. We don't mean any harm; all we want is the cargo. I swear on my life we won't hurt you."

A shuttle drifts towards the hangar bay of the main trade ship, and several others are seen heading for the other ships. On board the main shuttle, Nym is in his full battlesuit. Beside him is Blacklight, who is examining a datapad while leaning on a collapsed Fido. Rogue is readying her weapons just in case there is trouble, a black mask obscuring her face. Several other men are in the shuttle as well, backup in case things take a turn for the worst.

On Mygeeto, there seems to be nothing wrong. It doesn't appear that the trade shipment is in any form of trouble.

OOC: Can't send reinforcements, as the trade convoy is completely in the dark, and nobody knows that it's in trouble. Everything is GM approved (by Pain, not by me).

If someone would like to play the trade convoy crew, be my guest. But Mygeeto's unaffiliated and fairly distant from most territory, so don't expect to bring in any random reinforcements.

Forgive my paranoia.

xD

Image Details
Type
Entertainment
Date
May 10th, 2013
By
AK151
Size
800×1037
Options
URL
Embed (big)
Embed
Share
Report Abuse
Report media
Add Media
Members only