4/4/2014: easy remember, the date of the 5th anniversary of BOH. There is no better way to celebrate the event than releasing a brand-new edition that majestically closes the incredible evolution the game underwent since its original release.
DESURA USERS: PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM BEFORE INSTALLING.
The 5th Anniversary Edition:
- includes all the updates released previously;
- reworks the video modes handling (full screen by default; window on 16-bit screens allowed; more robust; etc.);
- adds the CRT and LCD pixel modes;
- adds the 5x zoom;
- adds 5 new missions, bringing the total to a massive 60;
- assigns the pause to the [ESCAPE] key (instead of a specific key), which thus no longer causes the immediate abort of the current mission;
- reworks the menu controls (more keys; do not depend anymore on the in-game controls configuration);
- adds the emergency configuration reset (assigned to the key [F12]);
- adds the screenshot functionality (assigned to the key [F1]);
- makes quitting by means of [ALT]+[F4] available on all platforms;
- sets the default URL for records submission to Retream.com (it is no longer necessary to specify such URL manually in the configuration file);
- replaces the copy code with an email address for the records submission;
- updates the manuals;
- applies many other optimizations/changes/fixes, for more performance, polish and robustness.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
IMPORTANT: Desura's automatic update process will trash your records; if you want to preserve them, please pack the missions directory and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.