On the horizon...
Conflict Terra is going to be seeing some big changes soon. I won't say exactly what these changes are now, but I will give you some hints:
- The cruisers are going to see some large changes
- The structure of the NKG is going to get a face lift. And a very pretty one at that ;)
To get everything in line will probably take some time, as this effort will involve a lot of modeling and figuring out new script elements. But, work is going smoothly so we can only hope for a speedy realization.
In the meantime...
Some of the things I have been working on:
- As many of you have noticed, lots of remodeling and retexturing. A good portion of the T1 mechs are finished, with only one of the tanks being done. The work is slowing a little, as most of my initial ideas have been finished. I will continue on this after I am done with the above surprise renovations.
- This kind of goes with the remodeling, but I have been adding landing gear to the aircraft. It is small, it is very hard to see in the typical top-down RTS camera, but they're there, they retract when taking off and deploy when landing. It is fun to know your aircraft aren't laying their bellies on the ground ;)
- Cleaning up the game. Before the development hiatus, a lot of unused files were hanging out in the game, in the event they would be needed again. Well, it has been Spring Cleaning for CT *rimshot*, and a lot of these unused files are being removed to reduce the size and clutter of the actual CT game files you guys receive upon download.
- No balance work has been done yet, at least not majorly. A few bugs have been ironed out as I see them, but I am reserving the balance work to resume after a lot more of the graphical enhancements have been finished.