Keep up with the latest news on the ever-growing number of game bundles, bargains and deals across the interwebs. Know of a deal we don't? Let us know - member participation is welcomed! Join us in our active forums for the most up-to-the-minute bargain news, rumours, and views.

Forum Thread
£1 / €1 Ubisoft games over the weekend (Groups : Bundeals : Forum : Sales and Bargains : £1 / €1 Ubisoft games over the weekend) Locked
Thread Options
ifss
ifss "Entitled" Cheapskate
Aug 17 2012 Anchor

Just to test whether or not you will pay even a tiny amount in order to put up with their shitty DRM, this weekend Ubisoft are offering one game a day at £1 (or €1, unsure about mickey mouse money) on the Uplay store thingy.

Today: From Dust
Shop.ubi.com

Saturday: Silent Hunter 5 Battle of the Atlantic
Shop.ubi.com

Sunday: Driver San Francisco (Deluxe Edition)
Shop.ubi.com

Aug 23 2012 Anchor

I took the deal on Driver: the game is good and Uplay works good when the game is installed. The big problem is the installation: Steam and Desura are a lot more convienient than this Ubisoft program. There's no self installation when the game is downloaded. Since the downloaded file isn't thrown in the garbage by itself when the installation is completed: For a game that takes 10 gig on your CPU you have like 18 gig of missing space. The downloaded file must me deleted when the computer restart... I hope...Didn't check...

Rumors are saying there's 30 day to download as much as you want then after you must pay for download again. It's false, as I can see in their forums, since the Uplay is live you can access your game with no limitation in time...

For me it's a: play it then uninstall.

Aug 23 2012 Anchor

I ended up doing the same thing, picked up Driver.
It's good to hear that there's no 30 day download time limit bs on it, I was a bit concerned about that.
I haven't installed it yet so I hadn't had a chance to find that out yet.
I was interested in the game during the steam sale but didn't pick it up.
Since you have to use uplay either way, I'd rather have it for a buck off steam than $7.50 on it.
I'm not happy that yet another company is doing the origin thing and using a proprietary client but at least it was cheap.

Aug 24 2012 Anchor

son of a bitch. why did this thread just now show up on 'active threads' FUCK YOU Internet and the pony you rode in on....rawr :(

--

Aug 27 2012 Anchor

I love to see doctor_roxo raging about something. ;) I arrived late too but soon enough to get driver SF. I would had certainly drop 2 more bucks on From dust and Hawk 2. I hope they will re-do a deal like this.

Aug 28 2012 Anchor

yea. i'm always late. thanks goodness i'm not a woman....get it?

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.