Angels Fall First: Planetstorm is an objective-based assault game fought both in space and on the ground. Featuring totally original art and completely new gametypes, we take you from flying gigantic capital ships, piloting fighters, and manning turrets to the traditional vehicular and infantry combat, both planetside and inside the starships themselves. At your command are more than two dozen ships and vehicles, including all original weaponry, 4 maps with full bot support, two custom characters, with more on the way. This is a total conversion mod in the fullest sense of the word. Welcome to Planetstorm.
In addition to the core gameplay improvements, here are some of the things to expect for this release:
- Our old capital ship models have been replaced completely with gloriously detailed new versions. Named after some of our loyal Saturday Smackdown Express players, :) a big thanks to the bunch.
- Two new space maps, AFF-Kerrat - set in orbit around a dying sun; and AFF-Ixion, which features the Halifax station, the site of the Crowning Day Massacre. As well as streamlined and reworked versions of the previous maps AFF-Meudeverre, the Sea of Ice and home of the hidden Antarean outpost Aquila 9; and AFF-Errah, a surface assault on the mining and production facilities of an Antarean-occupied desert planet.
- Improvements to vehicle handling and weapons. All vehicles now have different camera modes for easier steering and aiming. Surface vehicles via the mousewheel, and spaceships via a new 'changecamera' keybind.
- Improvements to infantry weapons. The sidearm is now always available, the amount of ammunition you can carry has been increased, all weapons are now visible in first person, and the amount of movement sway reduced to more realistic levels.
- Added pregame briefing screens with objectives and a few gameplay tips
- Two brand new character models with more to come.
- Squad order command via the 'command menu' keybind (Default 'V'). Press to bring up marker, press a second time for context-sensitive actions. Recall your squad with the 'followme' keybind.
For additional details and instructions on installation and gameplay, please read the included readme. If you have more questions or would like to report a bug, you can head over to our help forums. Thanks for the support! :)