Are you a 3D artist? Are you looking for some inspiration? Do you just want to collaborate or know who your fellow ModDB artists are? Doesn't matter what application you use or how you do it... if you're a modeller, animator, skinner or looking at getting started with 3D, then this is the group for you!
New full version of Stargate BFM:
Stargate BFM 0.32 Beta - Dnamro and Dashfinator. Includes a little know update from Dnamro, DACV and Sting.
*** Note Special Thanks to DACV for improved vehicle AI and Sting for Sound CTD bug fix as well as adding a shimmer effect to the stargate.
- All maps are playable with bot support.
- Jaffa hand device healing now shows as empty hands due to issues with the model. The icon needs some work as well.
- Stinger hand weapon shows a grey pole sticking out the back of the Soldier model at close range.
Changes 0.32 Beta
- All new load screens.
- Only stargate maps appear on map list
- Custom thumbnail map previews for all maps
- New menu music
- Ametheon and Mine maps have AI updates. On Mine map, replaced buggy with kattrans because bots had a hard time with the Kattrans and the buggy is more fun.
- Boarding party: Fight aboard the Ha'tak for control of the landing bay area against bots. The bots can be quite aggressive and you may have to limit the number of bots on the map. All flags are captureable.
- Battle over Antarctic/Antarctic Assault: Battle over a frozen snow-packed landscape with low visibility. One map is DG vs Prometheus. The other map is Ha'tak vs F302s. Vehicles take off the ground now since there were issues with spawning them in the air
- Gate Defense: Old map brought back from version 1 with a destructible stargate. (Originally named as a stargate location).
- Tech: Good third party map. Plays well with bots.
- Amatheon - Map left out of Ver 3 because it crashed on the server. It plays fine on a LAN server in coop and conquest now.
Lately i have been working on some anatomy of dev textures into finding out how they should be breaking apart. Giving the world more of a realistic feel instead of a simple break apart and have nothing left behind.
Thinking of how each material should be breaking apart is something to take into consideration.
Such as Metal should break apart in bigger chunks as its a more solid substance of matter, and concrete should break in either small or big depending on how it is separated, but it also leaves behind more small pieces of concrete.
The above shows a basic skeleton for a concrete structure that when broken will have the gray basic block pieces break away leaving the metal interior that will bend after a certain amount of damage is dealt.
If you're interested in tracking our progress even further, you can now like our brand new page on facebook below and comment on all posts and pictures!
Happy Easter everyone!
Like the title said WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We would like you to come up with some ideas as to what some characters, and places should look like.
Here for the first time we have released the scenario of the game. This will give you an aspect of the games setting and more info about it.
After reading this we want YOU to give us descriptions, pictures, etc of what you think the Frichasts should look like and also what the enemy should look like.
Please send in your ideas to the head manager of the Vectron game.
His email is: email@example.com
From there he will contact back. Thanks to everyone who sends stuff into us.
Next Progress update is on its way stay tuned for all the pictures and there might be a video also so just stay tuned and follow us.
Getting into Ragemode increases your units power, your screen turns red and your enemies get more XP by killing your units.
Custom character creation is what the Vectron team wanted to give the players and now it can be done. The Vectron team has been working with MakeHuman to create the characters for the game.
MakeHuman is an easy to use that features Unique mesh for max freedom and flexibility., Ethnic modifier, Intelligent body modifiers( age, tone, gender, weight, height), Random character creator, Measure modifier, for accurate modelling, Texture projection, for a quick texture from photo, Auto-zoom during modelling, and more.
The Vectron team has been also incorporating the program to work with Vectron to allow the players to create their own characters that they can customize and use in Campaign mode and Mulit-Player mode.
Later on after Vectron has been released there will be other character addons that you can buy and download that can improve your character.
The link to the MakeHuman site: MakeHuman Site
Stay tuned for the next Progress Update Coming Soon! In it will include lots of work.