Zombie Grinder is the debut game of TwinDrills, an indie game development duo made up of Tim 'Infini' Leonard and Jordan 'Jordizzle' Chewning. It's a multi-platform (windows, mac, Linux!) (also Free!) cooperative multiplayer arcade game, reminiscent in style and gameplay of retro games like 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' and 'Super Smash TV!', but with the added benefit of some newer game mechanics - achievements, ranking, player-customization, rpg style stats and so forth. The game sports a variety of different game modes, from co-operative 'campaign' style levels, to wave maps and even the classic 'pvp' style game modes - deathmatch, capture the 'bag' and so forth. All of these mods are bristling with a variety of weapons and items, all lovingly displayed in Jordan's classic quirky pixel-art style.
Zombie grinder is a zombie arcade platformer with a RPG style leveling style, with upgradable stats. The game is extremely addictive and is a fun co-op game to enjoy with friends or to create a server and enjoy it by yourself. Aswell does this game have full customer support with a local community where everyone knows everyone. So go and join the zombie grinding community and vote via steam greenlight for this game to get the fame and glory it so deserves.
if it wasnt buggy and didnt have problems with connecting to master server to validate files and be able to play the game at any time, i'd probably give it 8 or 9, but for now, 6/10 until these problems are gone. It'll probably play great when it gets released on steam.
A really really fun game to play with friends!
- Available on Windows, Mac and Linux from the start (GRRREAT!).
- Tutorial is quick and easy to understand.
- Controls are straightforward but a bit messy compared to other games. Examples: no mouse on menus, just arrow keys and spacebar to confirm (enter on most games), lack of reload key (you are forced to shoot like crazy) which isn't a bad thing per se.
- 8-bit graphics, controversial, I like it.
- Ingame and dedicated servers with a notification if your ports aren't open. Really good stuff.
- Lack of server commands, at least I couldn't find them.
- Right now, random crashes after changing settings.
I've mixed pros and cons so you read them all.
It's a really enjoyable game, you have to dive in a little to know every corner but still awesome.
Nice work TwinDrills!