XDBase is a Free Open Source Software FPS game focused on teamwork. It is anime styled. It's also not finished. Very not finished. It will first replicate gameplay of TF 2.5, then later add cvars to emulate TFC style gameplay. It will focus on compatibility and also player customization, as well as being a compact media base for additional gameplay types (hence XDBase)
The features planned:
- 4 team support
- Off-hand grenades that hold weapon fire (to discourage frantic grenade spam)
- Avatar customization, including skin color, hair style, face style, and sex
- Native cross-platform play between Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Q3BSP map format for original XDF maps
- Procedurally generated textures to keep the file size down and the anime look more synthetic
- Some extra original gameplay elements no clone has ever thought of
- The usual next-gen stuff is supported: Normal mapping, HDR, reflective water, volumetric shadows, etc
Right now the team only consists of leilei. Mappers, voice actor(resses) and modelers are welcome!
No official site yet, but it has a subsite at the FSFPS site.
No downloads have been uploaded. Join now to share files with the community.