Weapon Test Dummies is an action packed strategy/puzzle and tower defense game with over 40 unlockable turrets and abilities. Each unlock has a unique purpose, and there are dozens of strategies that can be used to beat the same level.This isn't your average tower defense either. Its not uncommon to kill hundreds or even thousands of Dummies in just a few minutes, all in the name of science!

Forum Thread
Going forward from 0.30 (Games : Weapon Test Dummies : Forum : Game Progress : Going forward from 0.30) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 5 2013 Anchor

The next few patches will likely focus on improving graphics and further fine tune the levels. I want the game to look at nice as possible and be of higher quality, so this is the top priority currently.

Here are some of the graphical changes that will be made:

• The new Ruins levels need some graphical adjustments, as well as The Labs tilesets. I wanted to release the changes earlier so everyone can play the new levels, but the graphic changes here weren't quite finished.
  • A few of the turrets will be getting improved graphics as well. Many of the bullets will get new particle effects and dummies should have more status effects when they are poisoned, on fire, etc.
  • New animations for dummies, as far as walking, turning, etc. Something simple but nice looking. Many of the lower quality dummy graphics like the biotrooper will be worked on as well.
  • Possible changes in the display UI on the left side of the screen for the health, energy, etc. (most likely later change, as other 3 are higher priorities)

Other graphical changes that are lower priority, but will be done at some point:

• Eventually I want to redo the title and load screens to fit in with the town screen, but this is looking to occur much later.
  • The score screen will be a separate screen (not just shown at the end of the level) and more appealing.

There will be another small update this weekend to adjust the last 3 levels of "The Ruins" to make them more challenging.

After this, we will begin to work on more functional features for the game, such as new unlocks, more levels, and other gameplay mechanics. A few new levels may be mixed in with the graphic updates, depending on how long the changes take.

Have any ideas? Let me know!

Edited by: Myoid

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.