Warzone 2100 is a real-time action and strategy game set on earth in the 21st century. Upon entering the postnuclear world of Warzone 2100, you establish your base. Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures, and prepare your plans of global conquest. Each campaign features a large campaign map and six or more sub-maps. As key objectives are reached on the campaign map, missions are activated on the sub-maps. These missions are varied and feature everything from hit-and-run attacks to holding territory. The combat is fast and frantic with amazing effects and a true 3-D world with rotatable and zoomable cameras. Weapons range from bullets and lasers to explosive weapons that blast large areas of the highly detailed 3-D battlefield.
Late news but there are several new version of warzone 2100 that has come out since the last news post. Also online is flourishing, as I post this there are 8 servers online. We have anti-cheat checks now to keep things fair.
Posted by coolkid87 on Nov 8th, 2009
The developer staff brings you the release of Warzone 2100 2.2.4.
This release is network incompatible with previous versions. (You cannot play multiplayer games with previous versions of Warzone.)
We squashed some more bugs, some balance changes, and other numerous things.
For a complete list see the Changelog.
As always: Please report all bugs, without them, we can't fix them!
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post the bug reporting guidelines here:
are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead
to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project
not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to
fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to
be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug
How to report bugs
Now that you know all this, use Developer.wz2100.net to create a bug report!
2009-10-11: Version 2.2.4
* Fix: Indirect fire weapons can no longer use sensors to fire at targets the sensor cannot see.
* Fix: Improved error handling in some cases - try to avoid crashing
* Fix: Bug in map renderer that would cause non-power of two maps to display wrongly.
* Fix: Added support for ATI-specific two-sided stencil extension. Will decrease CPU usage on ATI cards.
* Fix: Correctly handle savegame names
* Fix: Improve anti-air and make it more like the original by making AA shots homing like in skirmish
* Change: Data integrity check is added. This will break network connectivity with 2.2.3.
* Balancing - skirmish (r8262):
* Most projectiles 1.5x faster to reduce sync problems
* Mini-Rocket Artillery renamed Mini-Rocket Array
* MRL Emplacement renamed Mini-Rocket Battery
* Angel Missile renamed Seraph Missile Array
* Angel Missile Battery renamed Short-Range Missile Battery
* Hurricane splash increased 10 -> 30
* Cyclone splash increased 40 -> 60
* Whirlwind splash increased 30 -> 50
* Avenger and Vindicator damage increased 320 -> 350, accuracy increased 60%-70% -> 70%-80%
* Stormbringer damage increased 140 -> 180
* All lasers now have 80%-80% accuracy
* Plasmite Bomb weight increased 8000 -> 12000
* Mini-pod can hit air targets
* Decrease Pulse Laser and Heavy Laser ROF, increase corresponding damage
* Decrease VTOL MG damage, increase VTOL MG shots-per-rearm
* Artillery to hover multiplier decreased from 110% to 100%
* Artillery to tracks multiplier decreased from 65% to 50%
* Artillery to half-tracks multiplier decreased from 80% to 70%
* Artillery to wheels multiplier decreased from 95% to 90%
* Anti-tank to hover multiplier decreased from 100% to 90%
* AP to hard multiplier increased from 45% to 50%
* Seraph Missile Array range increased from 5-11 to 5-14
* Command Center must be built before MG tower can be researched
* Truck HP decreased 50 -> 25
* Truck weight increased 600 -> 800
* Inferno bunker research price 150 -> 125
* Plasmite bunker research price 150 -> 125
* Plasma Cannon radius increased from 1 to 3.5 and range from 5.5 to 6
2009-09-13: Version 2.2.3
2009-08-23: Version 2.2.2