Version 2.1 Release Candidate 1 released
Allow me to introduce you to our first release candidate for 2.1: Warzone 2100 2.1 RC 1.
This release brings one new "feature" (not a feature really): the original sound tracks! Aside from that we have the usual bug fixes. With this release candidate we bring you:
- Don't terminate on a bad/corrupted save game, instead reload the main menu.
- Add the original sound track.
- Force software "accelerated" OpenAL for Windows XP users to prevent audio "clogging" issues (ticket:115).
- When new games are created in the lobby make sure to remove the "NO GAMES ARE AVAILABLE" message (bug #12399).
- Prevent the "return" key from being mistaken for enabling chat mode if it has just been pressed to save a game (r6132, r6191)
- Disable multi turret support.
- Fix the laser satellite such that it does hit droids correctly.
- Verify the versions of pkg-config, xgettext and msgfmt in the configure script instead of autogen.sh.
We also have several (other) bug fixes. For the full list of changes, see the change log.
The known issues from beta 5 remain.
The full list of known issues:
- Save games from the 2.0 series can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We do not intend to "fix" this, as we are breaking compatibility with the previous save game format.)
- The multi player code has been improved since beta 2, but running out of sync is still possible.
- The game in general still aborts a lot in debug builds due to failed assertions.
- Save games from 2.1 beta 4 (that, and only that version), can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We cannot fix this because the beta 4 save games miss information we need.)
The source code and all available binaries can be found, as usual, at the download page.
The Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project