The big new thing in Warsow 1.0 is the web-side profiles which shows stats, awards, friend lists, match history, and even demo download. There's also many other changes, including a huge amount of polish for those who are familiar with the older versions.
Here's a shorter version of the changelog:
- Weapons and armour system tuned for improved competitive gameplay.
- Removed weak ammo system.
- Octagon hitboxes for consistent hitbox size from all angles.
- Improved team play with on-screen teammate indicators and improved mumble support.
- New duel and Bomb&Defuse maps (wdm11, wdm16, wdm17, wbomb6).
- All maps have gone through considerable optimizations!
- Global statistics together with match result saving, demo downloads and skillrating (completely optional!).
- Improved community features such as built-in IRC client, in-game news and friends lists.
- The engine now better utilizes GPU capabilities to render animated skeletal models, allowing massive battles without FPS drops.
- Drasticly improved map loading speeds and performance.
- New "e-sports" gfx features such as r_drawflat to give your own personalized wall and floor colours in any map and possibility to disable all colours from lightmaps.
- New easier and more modern user interface which is fully customizable and scriptable with html/css/js - style syntax!
- Improved shoutcasting abilities like OGG stream support for Warsow TV, chase cameras and support for spectator-only hud.
- Read the full changelog at Warsow.net