Set in a futuristic cartoon-like world where rocketlauncher-wielding pigs and lasergun-carrying cyberpunks roam the streets, Warsow is a completely free fast-paced first-person shooter (FPS) for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Speed and movement, that's what Warsow is all about. Like a true cyberathlete you jump, dash, dodge and walljump your way through the game. Grab those power-ups before your enemy does, plant the bomb before anyone sees you, and steal the enemy's flag before anyone knows what's going on! A handful of popular gametypes come shipped with Warsow, like Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, Clan Arena, Instagib and Duel. Warsow invites you to add to this list, by creating your own custom gametypes with the brand new gametype scripting system! Please post all support issues in the forums for the game.
This is a port from Open Arena to Warsow. The map is exactly the same.
- New material shaders, normal maps and gloss maps
- Ditched all shaders with external lightmaps
- Lightmap resolution downgraded to 512 because it's the resolution available in FBSP format
- fb suffix for textures means "fallback", in case per pixel lighting is disabled. With per pixel lighting disabled the textures are the same of the OA version.
- Translucent textures are opaque if per pixel lighting is disabled
- Gloss reflection is weird on shadows and super bright on the dark