Version 0.18 of the pre-alpha for Vox. Lots of new features and bugfixes. Damage text on enemies, animated bees, fullscreen support, shadow fix, etc.
- Add in-game text effects. i.e Text popups on screen for damage done to monsters.
- Add moving wings for the bee enemies.
- Support other particle emitter types - circle, sphere, cube.
- Add border spawn flag to particle emitters so that particles only spawn from the edge of the emitter shapes.
- Add header to inventory panel.
- Items 'magnet' towards the player when close by to make pickups easier
- Character stats screen - Press 'C' to open the character stats.
- Add mouse sensativity slider to the options menu.
- Add support for fullscreen. Toggle on options menu.
- Add support for changing screen resolution.
- Allow the GUI to know about audio settings.
- Intro music doesnt play if music is disabled in the options menu.
- GUI button audio is modified by the sound options
- Only update the quest text and make it gray for completed objectives, not whole quest.
- Fix debug camera options.
- Possible to toggle on/off the world collision with items.
- When pressing escape, close any GUI that is open but dont automatically open the pause menu.
- Smooth out the camera controls for mouse and X360 pad.
- Make the X360 player movement not frame dependent, uniform speed now.
- If music is set to off, disable music when we first enter the game.
- Fix interpolator iterator bug where we sometimes add a new interpolator from the callback function of another interpolator.
- Enemies are now only rendered when they are inside the frustum.
- Items are now only rendered when they are inside the frustum.
- Game now starts out fullscreen if this option is already set in the options menu.
- Add button audio to the pause menu and also the options screen.
- Fix up the options menu to work on any resolution.
- Fix up the HUD so that it works with any resolution. Enemy health bar and Quest texts.
- REMOVE SHADOW RENDERING FOR THE TIME BEING - This was causing too many people too many problems, Next update I will redo lots of shaders and lighting.
- Undo added to creation mode, you can now undo created blocks, deleted blocks and painted blocks.
- Make sure we clear the undo stack when we reload a creation sprite or leave creation mode.
- Remove particles button added to creation mode, this deletes any particle effects on the current sprite.
- Add some improvements to the configuration manager so more options can be saved/loaded to file.
- Footstep sounds re-enabled.
- More shader and FBO fixes - Support for more more graphics cards.
- Optimize some chunk culling.
- Allow for X360 gamepad async updating.
- Make the shadow renderer depth texture the same as the deferred renderer FBO texture.
- Re-enable the camera movement by arrow keys when in creation mode, custom character creation and particle editor.