Fast pace cellshading flying action. Soar the skies as you take on the most vicious enemies above the ground. Experience an airborne adventure in an all new art style that will take you to something different and exciting. With the possibility to add just about anything you can imagine into the game, the sky it's not the limit. It's just the beginning.

Forum Thread
Importing Vector Thrust Models to 3DS Max 2009/Blender (Games : Vector Thrust : Forum : Mod Support : Importing Vector Thrust Models to 3DS Max 2009/Blender) Locked
Thread Options
Nergal01
Nergal01 I stopped supporting Vector Thrust. AMA.
Oct 25 2014 Anchor

As I've explained in the other thread, you can import VT's .mesh model to 3DS Max 2009/Blender on your own.

For 3DS Max 2009 (shameless copypasta from the source thread with modifications) :

OgreCommandLineTools -> Ogre3d.org
Autodesk 3D Studio Max -> Usa.autodesk.com ... eID=123112
My Import Script -> Users.telenet.be ... OgreXml.ms

So how it works:

1. Open the Pack.zip
2. choose a MESH file and extract it
3. convert the MESH file with the OgreXmlConverter.exe to an XML file ( just drag the MESH file on the exe )
example:
A-10A.MESH -> A-10.MESH.xml in the same folder as the .MESH file
4. Open Max
5. Select Run Max Script and select my script
6. It asks for a xml file -> select the A-10A.MESH.xml
7. Wait a few seconds
8. Apply the texture on the A-10, simply drag & drop it to the model
NB: doesn't import .skeleton file for however.

If the texture appears to be low-res, try this

In 3dmax try to go to:

Costumize-> Preferences

Go to "Configure Driver" in Viewports tab

And set in the new window:
Background texture Size: 1024
Enable "Match Bitmap Size as Closely as Possible"

Download Texture Size: 512
Enable "Match Bitmap Size as Closely as Possible"

After that you will have to restart the 3d max

I've uploaded whatever tool to do the stuff here
Dropbox.com

As for Blender, I found a plugin which do quite similar trick as above, but I haven't tried it personally since I don't use Blender much.
Code.google.com

I'd say this method is extremely handy at skinning so that you don't have to open/close the game and forth only to see your updated skin.

Edited by: Nergal01

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.