First-person roleplaying game, based on White Wolf's popular Vampire: The Masquerade pen-and-paper RPG. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines combines intense first-person action with an open, non-linear world, rich character development and an immersive storyline. The game plunges players into the dark and gritty vampire underworld of modern day L.A. as a creature of the night, interacting with and battling mortals and other creatures of darkness with an incredible array of vampire powers, skills and traits. Developed by Troika, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines runs on Valve Source Technology - the same game engine technology that powers Half-Life 2.
After what seems like an eternity, the new SDK can now be used for creating maps and editing existing ones (even the maps Troika didn't finish in the game files).
Posted by TheUnbeholden on Nov 8th, 2011
Fire64 and Psycho-A have released the next version of their unofficial Bloodlines SDK which finally makes it possible to create new levels! It can be found on Planet Vampire Planet-vampire.net and is discussed here as well.
At this moment the project is not fully completed, but already it can be used to do the following (with some limitations):
*Create, edit and compile your own maps (inserting Python scripts is not supported yet),
* Browse, view and compile game models (animations are still not supported properly),
* Decompile game maps and models for editing,
* View, manage, extract and create game archives (.vpk files),
* Convert game textures between tth/ttz, vtf, tga and dds,
* Edit game dialogues (lip-files are not supported yet),
* Manage entity data in BSP map files (pasting, deleting and changing properties for it's entities),
* Validate misc game resources.
This SDK includes various third-party tools, in particular:
* Source SDK GUI (developed by Valve Software),
* Packfile Explorer v3.9 (developed by Dave Gaunt),
* MDL 2 SMD Beta (developed by Daedalus from the Bloodlines Resurgence project - Bloodlinesresurgence.com),
* BSPSource v1.2.1 (VMEx modification, developed by Barracuda - Nuclearvelocity.com),
* VPKTool v3.9a (Quick and dirty Bloodlines Tools, developed by Turvy),
* Bloodlines Dialogue Editor (developed by Raptor for Paradise#77 - Go.to),
* EntSpy v0.8 (developed by Rof - Bagthorpe.org),
* BSPEdit v1.09 (developed by Robert Morley - Rob.patcroteau.com),
* VTMBedit Tool (developed by David Arneson [xatmos]),
* VPK Creator (developed by Psycho-A - Forum.bloodlinesresurgence.com),
* StudioMDL Compiler GUI (developed by InterWave Studios)