Everything you need in one package, for Windows, Linux, and Mac. Check our website for the release post and/or Linux distro-specific packages.
Unvanquished is a fast-paced, futuristic FPS with RTS elements, pitting technologically advanced humans against hordes of highly adaptable aliens. The player can choose from either team, providing a fresh gameplay experience on both sides of the conflict. The game is under highly active development, with a new alpha release being made at the beginning of each month.
In this release, we've at last added the new model for our rifle replacement, the SMG. Compared to its prior incarnation, the weapon has a faster firing rate and more spread, making the default human weapon more useful at shorter ranges. Be sure to try it out and shoot up some aliens with it! You'll have some new targets, as well. The mantis has received animation fixes and a texture update, while the trapper has been completely reanimated, making it much more lively compared to the older, more rigid animations.
We've merged in our latest batch of renderer fixes, optimizations, and improvements. Multiple bugs were fixed this release, as well. IQM structures (such as the reactor, armory, and drill) are no longer culled when you move your view past them. Circle menu colors for both teams have been made more consistent and hopefully less confusing. In addition, right clicking will cancel building now, as intended. Builders on both teams can view resource extraction rates on the lower left portion of the screen.
- 41eec01 Add missing Tess_MapVBOs calls to DebugUtils
- dac4069 Use persistent buffer mapping for dynamic buffer objects.
- a4b42fd Pass a dummy color attribute to the lightmapping shader.
- 0197b4a Add files from new assets
- f65302a Only set the HUD on the initial snapshot
- 9cc6d56 Always cull using the surface's AABB in R_CullSurface
- aaddd93 Don't needlessly frustum cull in R_CullSurface
- a5a8e68 Optimize R_SortDrawSurfs
- efab6a3 Call Tess_MapVBOs when rendering the sky
- 98166b6 Make the parameters to BoxOnPlaneSide const
- d0fbe50 Ignore mouse up events without a mouse down event Fixes #447
- 90131d7 Delete the old UI vm code
- c2dd000 Allow disabling of buffer object extensions
- 4362c36 Fix NULL dereference crash
- c304fb3 Only drop the mouseup without mousedown event if the key is mouse1
- 546ac76 Remove USE_DEFORM_VERTEXES macro.
- 145a0b7 Remove USE_EYE_OUTSIDE macro.
- 5c9eefb Add cvar to disable GL_ARB_sync.
- f0fd8e3 Fix building on old GLEW.
- a448a0f Fix inverted if condition.
- 4a1d6a0 Remove useless extern "C"
- 1ca7b09 Add a check to avoid sending sync messages while handling async messages
- 2dfa469 Remove USE_FRUSTUM_CULLING macro.
- e97391d Remove BRIGHTPASS_FILTER macro.
- 0eabde2 Remove USE_GBUFFER macro.
- 31f07cb Refactor vertex deformation code.
- 1e8e59f Consistent alien buy menu colors.
- 8e15965 Consistent human buy menu colors.
- c10d997 Let's do the same to build menus.
- 9c56e44 Rename 'rifle' to 'SMG' in the UI only.
- 95f5062 Add mine rate back to builder HUD.
- 26c91a4 Small changes to make the default UI use American English spelling. Also, small phrasing tweaks.
- 7d4941c Tweak to the resource rate text.
- a83eea4 Let's explain spawning choices.
- ef1ab8d Undo American -> Britsh changes for now.
- 00364e6 For some reason, this fixes mantis corpse
- 2dc9c3a Make update-version-number.sh update menu file versions too
- 2f6f38f Version bump
- 74602c7 Merge all available bounding boxes for IQM culling.
- b483514 Work around '#directive in the middle of a shader' error on Mesa
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.