- Competitive 2-4 player battles: Try to blend in with thieves while finding and stabbing other players.
- A multitude of modes: Guns, smoke bombs, sheriffs, drunks, sandstorms, and more await you.
- LAN & Local dynamic play: Play over LAN with up to three other players, plug in controllers to play locally, or do any combination of the two!
- Cross-platform play: Play on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android devices. Any device with Thief Town installed can connect to any other device!
- No menus: Connecting to other players has never been this simple!
Thief Town is a multiplayer stealth action game for PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android devices. 2-4 players control identical avatars (the “Thief”) in a single-screen arena (the “Town”) filled with other identical NPCs. Players must identify which NPCs are actually other players and stab them for points, without being discovered or stabbed themselves. New items and game modes are layered on as the game progresses, including pistols, smoke bombs, drunks, sheriffs, and giant tumbleweeds! The game’s art style fuses "wild west"-inspired pixel art with the grain and charm of silent movies. Thief Town can be played cross-platform over LAN and includes controller support for multiple players.
Great news, people!
Sharpen Your Knives...
We have finally confirmed a release date for our Humble Store launch: Friday, September 26! The game will be $4.00, with free iOS and Android companion apps. All Humble copies of the game (including preorders) come with a free soundtrack as well.
I realize this is almost exactly one month later than we originally planned to release, and for that I am truly sorry. On the plus side, the extra time did give me the opportunity to add some more polish to the game, as well as prep the iOS and Android versions for a same-time release.
Boston Festival of Indie Games
We just finished showing Thief Town and Noir Syndrome off at the Boston Festival of Indie Games this weekend, and it was indeed a fun, yet exhausting, experience. Here's some photos of the Glass Knuckle booth:
Thief Town 1.0 may be going live soon, but that is not the end of development for the game. I am already putting together plans for an update that will include new levels, modes, items, and more. All I can say right now is: SPOOKY TOWN.
Latest tweets from @wiz_warrior
Sep 19 2014, 1:10pm
Thief Town is launching on the Humble store, Google Play, and the iOS App store next Friday 9/26! More information on the Greenlight page!
Sep 18 2014, 2:27pm