Looking Glass Studios released the sequel to Thief in 2000. Utilizing the same DARK engine that powered the original Thief, Thief II had an almost identical look and feel, with only minor graphical and programming improvements. The basic gameplay was also fundamentally similar to the original Thief, but many new elements had been added, including technological gadgets such as a remote eye camera. Other changes include an increase in the number of A.I. behaviors, and the addition of female guards and soldiers. Responding to criticisms of the original Thief, the missions in Thief II were designed much more around typical thief-like behavior, and much of the game is spent robbing the rich denizens of the City rather than battling monsters. In fact, the player encounters almost none of the monsters from the original Thief except for burrick heads mounted as trophies in some of the mansions, and a few zombies and apparitions.
This is an unofficial patch (AKA NewDark) for Thief II: The Metal Age (T2) which updates the game from either v1.18 or newer to v1.23, providing improved support for modern hardware and correcting many known bugs. T2 can be purchased digitally from GOG (www.gog.com) and Steam (store.steampowered.com). If you prefer a boxed copy, it can usually be found on Mastertronic and Amazon (or similar). This patch is made available "as is" and without warranty of any kind. It was not developed by Eidos/Square Enix, Looking Glass Studios, GOG, Steam, Mastertronic, or Amazon, and is neither supported nor endorsed by them or anyone else. The aforementioned parties cannot be held responsible for any problems or damages incurred by this software. If you do not agree with these terms then do not apply the update. T2 and its resources/executables are the property of Eidos/Square Enix.
Like the previous update, this is a maintenance patch with bug fixes and some new additions.
See list below. Consider all prior versions obsolete and do not use them any more.
Files saved (by either the game or DromEd) with v1.23 are not compatible with older versions.
Older DromEd versions may appear to be able to load the files, but some things will be severely broken.
This is a maintenance patch that fixes a number of things and adds a few new ones.
See list below. Consider all prior versions obsolete and do not use them any more.
Changes and fixes for v1.23
- fixed render state bug that could randomly disable texture filtering on something if DXT1 distant art
was present in the mission
- fixed an occasional memory corrupting bug
- fixed mouse wheel even generating false left button double click events in some situations
- changed material override rules so a material file is required to be at the same path level or higher priority
than the loaded image, in order to be considered
- enabled simple show_stats command for game exe (fps and pos)
- documented the previously undocumented "small_portal_repel" config var (helps reduce jittter when walking across portals)
- added "highlight_level" and "head_focus_speed_tol" config vars (which previously were only available in DromEd)
- added support for mouse buttons 4 and 5
- added support for raw mouse input (see "use_raw_mouse_input" in "new_config_vars.txt")
- added config var for setting custom speaker config (if supported by device/system)
- added support for adding/removing meta properties via DML
- added subtitles_max_dist options (to allow skipping of subtitles for sounds that are beyond a certain distance)
- included a Large Address Aware patcher (EnableLAA) for convenience (for more info search "troubleshooting.txt"
for "Large Address Aware")
- and more...
- fixed bug with hierarchy export not exporting some link types
- fixed bug with rotation not getting updated for coronas with "Track Moving Object" and "Use Spotlight Cone"
- fixed update issue when adding Creature Scale through a metaprop
- fixed issues with intermittent particle launch rates for continuous particle groups that are (re-)activated during game
- fixed issue with negative Extra Light property when "Additive?" was unchecked
- fixed original bug with rotating doors sometimes flipping between open and close instead of rotating smoothly (depending on axis and center of gravity)
- fixed issue with some popups in the DromEd window partially ending up below the screen (which would crash DromEd in software mode)
- fixed drawing issue in the new texture palette when Windows desktop is in 16-bit mode
- fixed non-updated and/or flickering of inventory display 3D icon when it uses tweq models
- fixed neck/head joint transform issue with attachements and AI head tracking, attaching objects to neck and
head should now properly move with head even when the AI is head tracking
- fixed original tweq joints halt-logic bug (only primary joint controls when tweq halts as intended now,
instead of semi-undefined behavior, and when primary is 0 the last joint that ends performs halt action)
- fixed object lighting sometimes messing up when using negative lights
- fixed find_obj command (F3) so it works with concrete room types and flow groups
- fixed some crash bugs with some functionality of the custom overlay/HUD script services
- fixed script_notes.txt snafu in previous update, wrong class was used for the sample string class
- fixed v1.22 bug where the 1 and 2 return values for the IsEditor function in the Version script service were reversed
- made book decal images get reloaded when book .STR file is reloaded
- added editor/viewer to view some script system related data (see "Script-state Data Editor/Inspector" in modders_notes.txt)
- added "test_message" command that works similar to "test_book_ex" but for on-screen texts
- added a "Quadratic" dispersion option to Radius propagators (see modders_notes.txt)
- added middle mouse button working like "teleport camera"/"scroll here" in 2D viewports
- added mouse wheel viewport zoom
- added missing documentation for EYE_ZOOM_DISABLE qvar
- added "check_flowbrushes" config var for mono output on problematic flow brushes (see doc\dromed.cfg)
- added "Export Single as DML" function in the hierarchy dialog (exports a single object in DML format)
- added "show_cell_flow" command
- added "test_message" command that works similar to "test_book_ex" but is for on-screen messages using book STR files
- added property Renderer->"Never Block Coronas"
- added script param edit dialog to the "Design Note" property dialog (invoked with middle mouse button)
- added object picker dialog functionality for object input controls in darkdlgs (CTRL+F or middle mouse button)
- added filter support to Add/Query property popup menus in darkdlgs
- added inheritable scripts info to Scripts property dialog (edit controls also always start empty when adding the property)
- added "[All]" category in hierarchy dialog, allows filtering and querying on all abstracts and concretes (see modders_notes.txt)
- added "Lean Blocks Sound %" option to door properties, for control on how much sound is blocked when leaning into doors (see modders_notes.txt)
- added texture resolution/mipmap debug visuals, can help find over-sized textures (see modders_notes.txt)
- added simple object LOD support (see new Shape->"Model LOD" property in modders_notes.txt)
- added option for Add/Remove MetaProperty actions to use defined target object (see "Misc Dark Settings" in
- added edit_lcolor command for quick and easy color picker based editing of light color for currently selected
object or brush light
- added multi-edit function to the query results window (allows mass-editing individual property data fields)
- added align_object command (like floor_object/wall_object etc. except the direction it moves the object in
is taken from the direction the editor camera is pointing)
- added support for Runtime Object Shadows affecting sun light
- added link/receptron/source reordering support in respective editor dialog
- added "No Joint Rot" flag to detail attachment links
- added support for editor running in HW mode to natively use DXT compressed textures, without decompressing
them on load, this should drastically reduce editor memory use for DXT-heavy missions (in case of problems
the load-conversion can be re-enabled with the config var dxt_to_rgb32)
- added "force" button next to the "multi-brush me" button, which multibrushes all objects in an area brush,
even if they've previously been assigned to a different multibrush
- added auto_dissolve_unnamed_groups_on_deselect config var to enable auto-dissolve when deselecting unnamed
- added dissolve_unnamed_groups and dissolve_all_groups commands for quick and easy multibrush removal
and remove_empty_groups to delete any named groups that no longer have brushes
- added ability to append custom commands to the viewport context menus (see "doc\dromed.cfg" for description)
- added quick-link functionality for easier chain-linking of objects (such as patrol routes), see
modders_notes.txt for details
- added synch_to_playcam command that moves editor cam to current player cam position when in game mode
- added "No Auto-Delete" flag to detail attachment links
- added some transform helper functions to Camera script service interface
- added some more transform helper functions to Object script service
- and more...
- added a new tool, DarkMapGen (in contrib_editor_demos.zip), to make it easier to define locations on map images and generate location images and BIN files
- new FMSel version with bugfix for not correctly restoring descending column sort modes from ini file
Updated various documentation so it doesn't hurt to browse through it again even if you're familiar with it.
Changes and fixes for v1.22
- fixed various smaller issues that could potentially affect stability
- fixed light radius from dynamic lights on other objects so it matches light radius on terrain (instead of infinite)
- fixed (or at least reduced) issue where on rare occasions it could turn AIs invulnerable and non-collidable after loading or level transition (fix may not apply to existing savegames where this already happened)
- fixed bug with archive extraction failure not being detected properly in FMSel, at least for archives with unsupported compression method (like old zips using "Implode")
- fixed some bugs in FMSel with localization, paths containing umlauts and other special characters, and added OGG to WAV conversion option
- fixed line-of-sight check between player and flashbombs so it properly checks if the player's eyes are getting blinded and not the crotch
- fixed DML parsing bug with link IDs
- fixed bug with "d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1" on nVidia where it ended up using SSAA (if available) instead of ATOC
- fixed bug where filtering was applied to even pixel scaled UI in DX9 on most resolutions even when it shouldn't have
- fixed a crash that could happen during loading of larger (somewhere above 100MB) mis files
- added subtitle support
- added support for mission DMLs to include so called fingerprints, data that can link a DML to a particular mission (because mission filenames are often the same for different OMs/FMs)
- added support for mission DMLs to be bundled in dbmods subdirectories
- added support for DMLs to request additional OSMs and to reference objects by name
- added support to navigate book pages with left/right arrow and page up/down keys
- and more...
- fixed bug that reversed the OSM load order each time a mission was saved
- fixed editor lockup when setting Texture Anim Data rate to 0
- fixed updates after changing Texture Anim Data property in edit mode so it doesn't require reportalization
- fixed bug with reconstruct_lights command, it falsely created a brush light for the first anim light object
- fixed inconsistencies with "AI->Utility->Pathable object", it used the property value in some places but not others, now it always uses it
- fixed bug with "Particle Launch Info" that caused "Loc unrotated?" to end up unchecked after each load
- fixed bug with "Medium 5-pt" lightmaps that could cause additional artifacts/seams under certain circumstances
- fixed inadequate handling of room EAX types where deleting/editing room brushes could mess up EAX assignments of a lot of rooms
- fixed issue with pendulum tweq freezing with lower rotational speeds
- fixed "skybox" and "envbox" commands when running in widescreen resolutions
- fixed uvmap_cylinder bug when lightmap scale was not 1 and added option for automatic V tiling calculation
- fixed bug with self-illum water (i.e. lava) not working when lightmapped water was enabled
- fixed bug with mousewheel not working in mono console
- fixed bug with darkdlgs Export function, it didn't always export all links
- increased max map pages per mission to 32
- increased MAX_GLOBAL_RENDER, MAX_GLOBAL_PLANES and MAX_GLOBAL_POINTS
- cleaned up metaproperty sub-menus in darkdlgs property popup menus
- cleaned up the metaproperties tree dialog resolving some issues with delete, drag-and-drop and not being able to distinguish between metaproperties and regular archetypes using metaproperties
- changed so object name properties in the obj properties dialog are displayed in bold if the object has an explicit name assigned (and not automatic parent name applied)
- changed "lm32_params" defaults to 1 1 when creating new missions (see new_config_vars.txt)
- added resize support for some dialogs
- added a separate icon for metaproperties in dialogs
- added Dynamic Light Radius property
- added "object X is partially or completely out of world, physics deactivated" mono warnings for objects with physics shape not entirely inside world (only the message is new, the underlying deactivation has always happened)
- added support for rotational tweqs to affect a DetailAttachement link's rotation
- added option to CreatureAttachment links to select rotation behavior
- added right-click support for filter buttons to quickly select solo filters
- added HIDE_UI_ELEMENTS qvar to allow game to hide HUD elements
- added more functions to Camera script service interface
- added "CameraAttach" and "CameraDetach" script messages when player camera attachment changes
- added support for text based book decals and ability to hide/show book decals with a qvar
- added option to customize the light intensity cutoff for anim lights
- added functionality to "set_room_type" command so it displays selection dialog when no arguments are supplied
- added support for down-tiling with material file param "tile_factor"
- added "mono_quickedit" config var to enable QuickEdit in mono console
- added "spew_relations" and "spew_metaprops" commands to monitor link and metaproperty add/remove events, useful to catch feedback loops that slow down framerate
- added "rebuild" command that runs "build_dlg" with last used settings without displaying dialog
- and more...
- updated lgvid source with an added function to the decoder API to aid subtitle synchronization
- new FMSel version with the latest fixes and additions (including some missed strings and an addition in localization file fmsel.po, do a diff for details)
Updated various documentation so it doesn't hurt to browse through it again even if you're familiar with it.
Changes and fixes for v1.21
- fixed handling for multiple displays and GPUs
- fixed a small non-critical glitch in FMSel
- fixed issue that caused wireframe drawing in 2D viewports to go nuts on some video cards/drivers, when running DromEd with hardware rendering
- fixed bug when saving Rendering Parameters in T1 mode (would cause ambient light to lose color info and all other parameters not originally in T1 to get reset)
- added missing file to FMSel source package (fltk patch)
- updated sources to build referencing the latest CRT DLLs (VS08 SP1 9.0.30729.1) so the private assembly fallback works
Changes and fixes for v1.20
- fixed sky (non-)rendering bug when texture palette contained more than 246 textures
- fixed crash when using movie_disable/fm_movie_disable/movie_crop_exclude/fm_movie_crop_exclude config vars
- fixed bug with game dir write access test (gave false positives if game directory was assigned a custom icon in Windows)
- fixed issue with garbled HUD text on some older video cards
- fixed issue with crouching on crates
- fixed alpha calculation bug on scaled bitmap particles
- fixed bug with pendulum tweq stopping for angles larger than 32 degrees
- fixed issue with duplicate receptrons when added by a DML file
- fixed bug with force_ani_settings material flag not having any effect
- fixed crash when Corona property has no texture name specified
- fixed crash bug with "ForceCameraOverlayNormal" config var
- fixed song sound load failure if other format than in specified song file (i.e. if file is ogg but song file has wav)
- fixed crash when song sound file was not found
- fixed bug with display device selection on multi-device systems (probably picked the opposite device than the default/selected)
- fixed crash related to 4096 sized textures
- fixed reversed gamma bindings and walk forward bind in options menu (requires re-bind to take effect) in the T1 INTRFACE.CRF patch (T1.7z)
- minor corrections to some HUD placement/size calculations for widescreen resolutions
- changed so horizontal and vertical mouse sensitivity is equal when "mouse_sensitivity_y_scale" is 1
- added config var "force_correct_rope_lengths" that enables correct rope length calculations (1.18 and older are incorrect), especially useful for T1 missions with problems to reach ropes
- added "mouse_sensitivity_use_aspect" bind var to enable old behavior where horizontal/vertical mouse sensitivity differ based on resolution aspect ratio
- added support for RLE compressed BMP images (RLE4/RLE8)
- added localization support to FMSel (so FMSel UI can be translated)
- added FM language support to game and updated FMSel to make use of it
- added support for the original indeo5 codec (ir50_32.dll), may improve movie playback on slower CPUs
- added option to use enhanced ray trace for AI body/suspicious obj detection ("enhanced_aidetect_trace")
- added option to disable light gem ("vismeter_hide")
- fixed rare mono console related bug that caused editor to hang (was remedied by enabling monolog, no longer necessary)
- fixed a less common crash when compiling rooms, caused by newly created room brushes that were excluded from compile usually by a me-only area brush (crash was preceded by a "Attempt to get room 0 of 0" assert)
- fixed crash bug when selecting sky surface if texture palette contains more than 246 textures and editor is using software rendering
- fixed a couple of crash bugs related to editing the Creature Type property
- fixed bug where loading a stripped mission could result in wrong texture assignments on terrain surfaces
- fixed bug in reconstruct_rooms that it assigned default room instead of reconstructing the original room types
- fixed crash that could occur during extensive UV editing when running editor with HW rendering
- fixed so creating a new stimulus archetype doesn't require editor restart for propagators to work
- fixed sunlight object shadow bug
- fixed crash that under certain circumstances could occur during UV align editing
- fixed crash when loading file at editor startup through "file" config var
- fixed crash with Scaled bitmap particles when invalid bitmap and added mono warnings
- fixed issue with precision select and tiny point sized brushes
- fixed issue with uvmap_cylinder when using non-symmetric textures and rot 90 (and allowed it to be used on pyramid brushes)
- fixed prim_special command to only allow setting valid types, to prevent more or less obvious bad things from happening (even if it appeared to work in previous versions, it could cause memory overwrites which are very bad)
- added prim_cylinder/pyramid/cpyramid commands for quick type set and sides
- added proper support for negative Extra Light property again (worked in T1 but was removed after), this also fixes the hot plates bug in TG Mage Towers
- added option in Rope property to use correct rope length calculations (see modders_notes.txt)
- added "Use Model 5" flag for random model tweqs, so randomization includes Model 5 (1.19 falsely always included it, which could break existing content)
- added support for "Bitmap disk" particles to use the default disk texture if no bitmap name is specified
- added support for mission (and location) defined env maps
- added viewport bg image support
- added lg.ini option to enable word wrapping for Editor Comments property
- added "default_tx_scale" config var for user defined default brush texture scale
- added option to show texture index in texture palette
- added hilight brushes using texture command to texture palette context menu
- added support for user configurable precision of sdesc formatted floats ("sdesc_decimals")
- added extended option for sunlight to allow all shadowed/unshadowed quad/non-quad combinations
- added config option "show_world_limits" to draw world limits in 2D viewports (line color can be changed with "edit_color_grid_lim")
- increased max length for "bitmap\" images (with ani frames) from 6 to 28
- changed room building so room brushes with invalid room types still get used, with the default room type, instead of being ignored
A small sample of changes and fixes for v1.19
- Added windowed mode
- Added single display mode option - no resolution change between menus and game
- Added ingame support for all common resolutions, including widescreen
- Added support for 32-bit color
- Textures can now be automatically promoted to 32-bit, improving quality and effectively eliminating the palette limit
- Added UI framerate cap option to avoid GPU fan spinning up in UI
- Added DDS/PNG image support
- Added full 24/32-bit TGA/BMP image support
- Increased the maximum number of frames allowed in animated textures from 20 to 99, and increased the allowable filename length for animated textures (before the underscore) to support more than 7
- Animated texture rate can now be specified via a material file for that texture
- Fixed a bug where Transparency property didn't (correctly) apply on objects that contain transparent polys
- Replaced video player lib with an FFMpeg based one to play cutscenes. LGVid.ax or other codecs are no longer required
- Option to use OpenAL (if available) instead of DirectSound. Includes support for audio effects in Windows 7 without an EAX-enabled driver (e.g. ALchemy)
- Added "head_bob" config var to control amount of head bob
- Added mousewheel support to options menu
- Fixed player ground contact tracking when walking off an object (caused footstep sounds to get "stuck" on previous material)
- Fixed sound cap per schema type bug and upped max sound channels to 48
- Changed screenshot output format to BMP and also added support for PNG screenshots
- Changed mouselook sensitivity to be resolution independent
- Added check to avoid trying to open files with reserved system name like com ports
- AIs now breathe from their head instead of their stomachs. They will no longer drown when up to their waist in water.
- Lowered player crouch height by a tiny fraction so he's less likely to get stuck on 4 unit tall spaces
- Added better support for binding actions to the mouse wheel (can bind wheel up and wheel down as separate actions, with modifier key support)
- Fixed star rendering
- Added "log_player_pos" command that dumps current player pos to log file (when enabled)
- Added the ability to detach from ladders by crouching
- Improved mantling a bit and added optional new mantling algorithm with lower failure rate
- Fixed a bug which limited number of sound channels to 16 even if more were selected
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused doors to float away into infinity
- Fixed (or at least greatly improved) a bug with edge triggered OBBs sometimes failing to detect collision (in particular for slow moving objects)
- Fixed framerate dependent speed issue for camvators/moving terrain (with collision type: none)
- Added "fixed_star_size" option for resolution independent star size
- Fixed some bugs when attaching to a ladder from water.
- AIs who are facing very close to a wall will no longer turn to face south when the game begins
- Health bar drawing adjusted in widescreen
- Added option to fix arm rendering
- Added AA to rendering of loadout screen items
- Fixed pickpocket count bug that would always show 1 more maximum pickpocket than there actually was.
- Added "Blocks frobs" property, allowing objects to block frobs of objects behind them (e.g. to stop frobbing items through safe doors)
- Added option to left-align map notes text
- Made navigation of map/objectives screen a little bit more in-game friendly (screen can also be closed with space, arrow key navigation and return to switch map/obj)
- Lightmaps are now properly displayed in the editor 3D view
- Added support for HW rendering in editor viewports
- Increased the maximum number of visible on-screen terrain polies from 1024 to 20480
- Increased the maximum number of visible on-screen objects from 128 to 1280
- Added some safety checks to object scaling operations to prevent objects with 1.#INF scale
- Fixed a crash when computing pathfinding with an improperly linked moving terrain object in the mission. An ignorable assert is thrown and the object is skipped gracefully instead of crashing.
- Prevented a crash if you apply a model of one creature type to an object assigned a different creature type
- Fixed "Attempt to mark from invalid room id 0" assertion to actually show the room id that is invalid, instead of always showing 0.
- Integrated csgmerge tool into editor exe
- Added support for 32-bit lightmaps
- Fixed the bug where cloning a multibrush with particles would duplicate every object in the mission
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash when deleting a large multibrush
- Added fallback check to find Motiondb.bin in resource paths
- Fixed resource lock errors when loading TGA images (for object textures and distance art)
- Fixed solo view editor issues when going back to edit mode from game mode
- Added ability to change the brush colors in DromEd via values in DromEd.cfg.
- Added light-based transparency property
- Added ability to enable/disable eye zoom in Thief 2
- Vast improvements to editor dialogs, including crash fixes and improved functionality
- Increased brush limit from 7068 to 16384
- Increased rooms limit from 1024 to 4096
- Increased ambient sound limit from 256 to 1024
- Increased cell limit from 28672 to 32760
- Increased the maximum number of sides in a cylinder from 10 to 26.
- Increased automap location limit from 64 to 256 locations per page
- The texture rotation control can now interpret negative values
- Fixed a crash while generating reports
- Added a warning dialog when attempting to save one filetype (mis/gam/cow) as another
- Added new Windows-style texture palette (which also supports more than 256 textures)
- Added support for all editor window sizes
- Added Pendulum (/sinusoidal) curve type to tweqs
- Added DetailAttachement link type
- Added Distance Alpha property
- Added Bitmap Color property for custom modulation color on bitmap objects
- Added "Face camera (axial)" setting to Bitmap Worldspace
- Added color param, additive blending and spotlight cone falloff support to coronas
- Added "Editor Comments" property
- Added "show_vhots" command for debug visuals of vhot placement and numbering on objects
- Manually deleting links in the link view dialog no longer deletes attached object for ParticleAttachement/DetailAttachement links
- Added the ability to place graphical decals on book pages
- Corpses with Contains links no longer count as pickpockets
- The Auto-Multibrush property no longer crashes DromEd if the .vbr file was not found.
- The stimulus on existing receptrons can now be changed
- The intensity for sources is no longer reset when changing the propagator
- The receptrons list now correctly shows the max intensity value for existing receptrons
- Meshes can now be scaled with the Scale property
- Scaled objects now cast properly scaled shadows
- Objects can now obscure coronas
- Bitmap Worldspace objects can now be locally lit
- Precipitation will now collide with OBB objects as well as terrain
- The brush_to_room command can now be given a negative number, to be interpreted as an absolute size instead of a percentage (e.g. brush_to_room -0.1 would create a room brush 0.1 units larger than the selected brush.)
- It is no longer necessary to explicitly add the Hidden property to a secret object for the secret to be properly counted
- Added numeric keypad input support
- DromEd will no longer stop working after 03:14:07 on Tuesday, 19 January 2038
- Added "scroll here" option to the right-click menu for solo views, similar to the "teleport camera" option for non-solo views
- Fixed some issues with calculating which room cells are in (which might have caused problems with precipitation and fogging)
- Increased the time range of Tweqs to 0-65535
- The same property can no longer be added to an object multiple times
- Fixed a crash when adding the Texture Anim Data property to a concrete object
Misc notes for modders / content creators
Table of contents
* Changed Limits/Limitations
* Notable Unchanged Limitations
* Image Type Priorities
* Image Alpha
* Gamesys and Mission DML Patching/Modding
* DXT Texture Compression
* 8-bit Anti-Aliased Fonts
* Texture Resolution/Mipmap Visualization
* Additions to Books/Readables (T2)
* Script Service Updates
* New Script Messages
* Script-state Data Editor/Inspector
* OSM Author Notes
* FM Author Notes
* General DromEd Notes
* HW Rendering in DromEd
* Viewport BG Images in DromEd
* Updates to DARKDLGS.DLL
* DromEd Texture Palette
* Build Dialog
* Loading Textured Group (.vbr)
* Exporting Terrain Mesh
* Fog Zones
* Ambient Light Zones
* Max View Distance
* New Texture Align Mode "AlignExt"
* UV Mapping a Cylinder
* Stripped Mission Reconstruction
* Changed Edit Flow Group Dialog
* Changed Prop: Script->"Trap Control Flags" (SS2)
* Changed Prop: Weather->"Local Weather"
* Changed Prop: Renderer->"Bitmap Worldspace"
* Changed Prop: Renderer->"Anim Light"
* Changed Prop: Renderer->"Corona"
* Changed Prop: Renderer->"Render Type"
* Changed Prop: Physics->Misc->"Rope"
* Changed Prop: Physics->Model->"Attributes" (OBB)
* Changed Prop: Door->"Rotating"
* Changed Prop: Door->"Translating"
* Changed Prop: Receptron Effect "Poke Object"
* Changed Prop: SFX->"Particles"
* Changed Prop: SFX->"Heat Disks"
* Changed Prop: AI->"Efficiency settings"
* Changed Prop: Tweq
* Changed Link: "CreatureAttachment"
* Changed Propagator: "Radius"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Alpha Blend Mode"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Alpha Test Threshold"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Render Order"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Camera Overlay"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Light-based transparency"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Force Static Shadow"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Distance Alpha"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Bitmap Color"
* New Prop: Renderer->"Never Block Coronas"
* New Prop: Door->"Static Light Pos"
* New Prop: Creature->"Creature Scale"
* New Prop: Creature->"Disable Head Track"
* New Prop: Inventory->"Block Frob?" (T2)
* New Prop: Difficulty->"Remove Properties"
* New Prop: Room->"Render Options"
* New Prop: Editor->"Design Note" (SS2)
* New Prop: Editor->"Editor Comments"
* New Prop: Shape->"Model LOD"
* New Link: "DetailAttachement"
* Changed Var: Mission Variables->"Rendering Parameters"
* Changed Var: Mission Variables->"NewSky:Stars"
* New Var: Mission Variables->"Fog Zones"
* New Var: Mission Variables->"Environment Maps"
* New Var: GameSys Variables->"Misc Dark Settings"
* New QVar: "DISABLE_EYE_ZOOM" (T2)
* New QVar: "HIDE_UI_ELEMENTS" (T2)
Note that not all limits imply that it's possible to push as far as the limit suggests, because other parts of the
engine might hit another limit first. For example the max brush limit might be hit before the max regions limit,
or vice versa. Also note that the increased limits do not imply that the game will run at playable framerates up
to those limits, or even close.
Max concrete object IDs: 8192 (from 4096)
Max visible objects: 1280 (from 128)
Max texture dimension: 4096 (from 1024)
Max texture animation frames: 99 (from 20)
Max drawn terrain polys: 20480 (from 1024)
Max ambient sound objects: 1024 (from 256)
Max cells for bounding sphere spatial queries: 1024 (from 512)
Max cells a dynamic light can reach: 1024 (from 512)
Max portal clip regions: 20480 (from 2048)
Max characters per cfg-file line: 8192 (from 80)
Max display resolution: x4800 (actual limit depends on HW) DX9 / 2048x2048 DX6 (from 1024x768)
Max brushes: 16384 (from 7068)
Max regions (/ worldrep (WR) cells): 32760 (from 28672)
Max active regions: 20480 (from 768)
Max rooms: 4096 (from 1024)
Max AI path cells: 131070 (from 65534)
Max texture families: 32 (from 16)
Max family textures: 1024-ish (from 256-ish)
Max static lights: 2016 (from 736)
Max cells a static/anim light can reach: 32760 (from 512)
Max anim light to cell pairings: 49152 (from 16384)
Max brush faces/sides: 28 (from 12)
Max decals per page on Thief maps: 256 (from 64)
Max pages per mission on Thief maps: 32 (from 8) [where visited area functionality works correctly]
Max world size: configurable up to +/-2000 (from +/-1000) [only increase if absolutely necessary]
MAX_TJOINT_EDGES: 131072 (from 65536) [internal processing buffer]
MAX_TJOINT_DIRS: 32768 (from 16384) [internal processing buffer]
MAX_GLOBAL_RENDER: 32000 (from 8000) [internal processing buffer]
MAX_GLOBAL_PLANES: 65536 (from 16384) [internal processing buffer]
MAX_GLOBAL_POINTS: 256k (from 128k) [internal processing buffer]
New image formats: PNG, DDS, PCX 32-bit, BMP 24/32-bit, BMP RLE, TGA RLE
Full 32-bit rendering pipeline support, from 32-bit textures to 32-bit render surfaces.
etc..... See the included modders_notes.txt for more details on editor changes