The Take On Helicopters Pre-Order Beta rewards those who’ve pre-ordered the game with a generous batch of early-access content, playable above a huge section of the Seattle terrain!
Posted by Dwarden on Sep 15th, 2011
The Take On Helicopters Pre-Order Beta
rewards those who’ve pre-ordered the game with a generous batch of early-access content, playable above a huge section of the Seattle terrain!The beta will be available for those who’ve pre-ordered the game from October 4th
, while the full game itself now has an official release date of October 27th
! Check out the full details and some of the latest screens shots below.
Take On Pre-Order Beta
- The light and medium civil helicopter classes are included, enabling a wide range of gameplay possibilities.
- Try your hand at sling-loading, fast-roping, Forward-Looking Infra-Red, low-level flight, and much more besides!
- A big chunk of our Seattle environment – including Downtown and the Space Needle – forms part of the Pre-Order Beta.
- Players can explore their own heliport, and take to the skies above ~30x30km of Seattle – at any time of day, and in any kind of weather!
- Pick a chopper, and go! This easy-access mode gives players looking to get straight into the cockpit the chance to do just that.
- Choose from a selection of helicopters included in the Pre-Order Beta, and you’ll be placed in our Seattle terrain, all set to go!
- The Best Laid Plans – Play a scenario plucked straight out of the middle of our career mode, and learn a little more about Larkin Aviation, and the kind of contracts they’re having to take on to keep their business afloat.
- Sling your Hook – Shift construction materials above Seattle by sling-line, all procedurally generated, so the mission is different each time you fly!
- Simple Flight – If you know next to nothing about helicopters, but just want to get flying, this is the training mission for you, presenting players with some handy hints along the way.
- Start Up & Shut Down – We know that just starting up the helicopter can be a challenge, so we’ve included our fully-voiced tutorial, which helps to show you how to do just that.
- Basic Manoeuvres – Learn the basics of getting your chopper from A to B, by flying though a number of check-point courses, which introduce the principles of level-flight, banking, changing altitude, and more!
- A Bridge too Far – Race above (or below!) some of Seattle’s bridges, trying your best to beat the clock.
- Railroaded – Beat a tight path into Seattle’s Downtown district, trying to appreciate the view as you struggle to keep your bird airborne!
- One of our multiplayer scenarios plus the freedom to create your own mission to play with – or against – your friends!
Multiplayer & Singleplayer
- Our powerful editor is included, where you can create your own scenarios, from simple checkpoint flights, to wherever your skills can take you!