Capturing the drama and epic conflict of Star Wards, Battlefront II brings the fight online. Attention to detail and scale make this game a joy to behold, with 16 incredible new battlefronts such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space above Coruscant, as well as the Death Star interior and Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of the original Star Wars.
- Easy to develop one's own custom content.
- Lots of Instant Action maps and modes.
- Great, efficient models and textures.
- Authentic, accurate Star Wars musical and sound selections.
- Fun, interesting campaign story.
- Multiplayer is inefficient with latency.
- Not a whole lot of variety throughout stock sides.
- Space combat feels very unfinished.
- Many weapons/legions not canonical toward movies.
- Saber combo system is repetitive.
One of the best sequels in exsistence. The gameplay was awsome. The new space combat and Jedi gameplay introduced brought a whole new level of fun. Such a shame the third never saw the light of day, could of been a huge contendor to games such as Call of Duty and Halo.
Okay nice Game Really nice whin bought my ps2 my first game swbf1 and its so addicting i play it splitscreen with my cosin spending hours of time playing it. then came SWBf2 which my cosin said to me that they already released it and it was AWSOME we played it with everyday after school and because of that we the ps2 overheated we felt so lonely. then after 4 years i rememberd this beautiful game then look for it in the internet to buy it now I HAVE IT IN PC I CAN PLAY IT WITH MODS!!! OH YEAH!!!
A sequel that only partially delivers.
If you use the mod tools, you begin to realize just how much they cut from the game, just so that it would line up with Episode III.
The online community is either smart as wisdom teeth or they have the wits of a shovel. Rocket noobs and Jedi noobs abound. Heros often are unbalanced, especially in some cases (Princess Leia vs. Darth Vader. Let that sink in.)
The best thing about this game is that you can modify it (if you're willing to fight tooth and nail with the hapazard map editor and modifiable side documents.