Capturing the drama and epic conflict of Star Wards, Battlefront II brings the fight online. Attention to detail and scale make this game a joy to behold, with 16 incredible new battlefronts such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space above Coruscant, as well as the Death Star interior and Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of the original Star Wars.
The game itself is already amazing - it brings the Star Wars universe to gamers with a very much complete and immersive combat experience that most other Star Wars titles could not provide (FPS and TPS elements, along with the Hero system and space combat).
But with the advent of so many excellent mods, the game's continuity and replay value are ensured, which is the #1 hallmark of a classic. And as with the original Star Wars movies, the classics are always the best.
- Easy to develop one's own custom content.
- Lots of Instant Action maps and modes.
- Great, efficient models and textures.
- Authentic, accurate Star Wars musical and sound selections.
- Fun, interesting campaign story.
- Multiplayer is inefficient with latency.
- Not a whole lot of variety throughout stock sides.
- Space combat feels very unfinished.
- Many weapons/legions not canonical toward movies.
- Saber combo system is repetitive.
One of the best sequels in exsistence. The gameplay was awsome. The new space combat and Jedi gameplay introduced brought a whole new level of fun. Such a shame the third never saw the light of day, could of been a huge contendor to games such as Call of Duty and Halo.