In 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl power station. Soviet authorities established a 30km 'Exclusion Zone' around this nuclear wasteland, but in 2006 a second explosion rocked the stricken reactor, obliterating all living things and causing the Zone's boundaries to ripple outwards. From this epicenter came waves of mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy. The Zone was cordoned off by the military, who would shoot on sight anyone foolish enough to brave the horrors within.
xray engine is the worst engine in history
Love this game
Mundo abierto al estilo Borderlands (por zonas)con temática de Metro 2033, supervivencia, horror, balística realista, inmersión máxima, variedad de armas y armaduras mezclado con libertad de acción, ve directo a por el enemigo, usa el sigilo o... !únete a el¡. Que decir de que tus acciones tienen repercusión sobre el mundo, además de los finales distintos; y el A-Life, que da diversidad a los spawns del mundo y vida de la naturaleza realista.
Game itself isn't good, but it's so moddable you can do pretty much everything you want with it. It's not just a game, it's a whole world which you can modify and make it new again. Thousands of mods will make you come back every time and every time it will be a new experience.
One of my favourite games
Although I don't have any mods, I noticed that the game isn't as buggy as everyone says, but it doesn't excactly have the top notch lighting system, but I have dumped hours into it, and intend to fully dump hours more. The game doesn't have an outrageous inventory system, and you can't just take EVERYTHING, you need to think light, and carry the necessities.
i love you
One of the best games I've ever played....oh wait, I'll rephrase that: this is the BEST game I EVER played so far. And, to be honest, I played dozens of games.
Anyway, good things Shadow of Chernobyl has:
1. Its atmosphere that is most of the times...horrific (DUH....it's a survival horror game!), which makes players to actually be careful where they go and what they do since they might get killed instantly at anytime;
2. Large, populated maps (well...maybe except Cordon, which is kind of boring) and these maps actually have lots of stashes where you may either celebrate due to its content, or where you might get dissapointed and motivate you to look for another one;
3. The high possibility of being modded easily;
4. Awesome graphics (especially when using a mod like Photorealistic Zone);
5. A story that makes you more and more interested in Marked One's past;
6. Awesome guitar tracks that make me stay at a Stalker camp for a few minutes just to listen to them and to get the courage to raid another mutant nest....
There are WAY other qualities to be mentioned, but the character limit doesn't let me mention them... Well a sad thing about Shadow of Chernobyl is that, despite the fact that maps are large, there aren't too many maps available at all...but hopefully Lost Alpha will change that aspect :).
But still, a 10 is a 10. And this game TOTALLY deserves it.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.