Patch-update for Oblivion Lost Remake 2.0 Only for Russian version Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl.
It's about that time again for another fresh news update for TK, I think theres some new features veteran players especially will like so lets start from the top.
- Further optimised TK memory resources, XR3DA generally doesn't get above 2.2GB - 2.3GB memory usage now and on the texture front I haven't as of yet seen more than 1.5GB video memory in use so overall on both system and video memory counts thats a reduction compared to the RC TK build of anywhere between 300MB - 500MB+.
- Added new weapons, PP-19 Bizon, T134 Minigun, and the Mac10. As usual whenever I add new weapons various NPCs in the game will also carry these weapons. Its highly unlikely I will add any more weapons as I've patched over the few areas I thought were lacking and now there just isn't any further game world to add more weapons. The game itself just isn't big enough nor are there enough enemy NPC variations to introduce more weapons.
- BIG CHANGE! Simple, but significant. Ever wondered to yourself why is it you can strap grenades to your belt but not smaller type weapons? (as is done by some special forces units) well now you can! Instead of only being able to strap RGD5 or F1 grenades to "slot 3" of your inventory you now also have the versatility and choice to strap the Mac10, Bizon, or MP7 (the 3 smallest submachine guns basically) to the same slot as grenades. You can freely carry these submachine guns and grenades at the same time, the system will automatically equip whatever you picked first to fill the slot. Eg; you pick out some grenades they go to "slot 3" as usual, but if you pick out the Mac10, Bizon or MP7 first that weapon will populate the slot. If you want to change the default weapon of "slot 3" just drop them and pick the weapon up you want to be default in "slot 3" first. Oh and of course I've made the necessary script changes so these weapons can be repaired.
- Added more clothing options for novice stalkers to hopefully remedy the "twins" syndrome. I did exactly the same thing I did for the bandits. Variety FTW! :D
- Instead of being lazy and just adding weapon descriptions in their corresponding files I added them to the XML file instead. Just a cosmetic change really so you don't see quotation marks in-game for weapon names and descriptions.
- Fiddled with AI a bit more, smarter, faster... perhaps too smart...
Rest assured, everything is being gone through with a very fine toothed comb to provide the ultimate SoC experience. As I've said before, TK does not aim to be like any of the old alpha or beta builds, nor does it try to copy any other SoC mod. What TK does do though is enhance everything the retail version of SoC had to the extreme.
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.