Call of Pripyat takes you once again into the vicinity of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor that exploded in 1986. This so-called "Zone" is a highly contaminated area cordoned off by the military and now is combed through by the so-called stalkers, modern fortune hunters, in search of unique artifacts. In the role of Agent Alexander Degtyarev, who is dressed up as stalker, you have to investigate the mysterious disappearance of five military helicopters and thereby stand one’s ground against the various stalker groups.
This is a truly brilliant S.T.A.L.K.E.R game!
The weapons are more accessible and you don't have to get through all the crap that you had to go through in Clear Sky to get your desired weapons.
The game is the most optimized and bug free stalker game out there,however,there are not too much quests to complete and this leaves the Zone pretty shallow and eventless,as opposed to the plethora of adventures in Shadow Of Chernobyl.
As a location,Pripyat is very explorable and this is a nice addition indeed!
Play this game!
- Welcoming for necommers
- Best graphics so far in STALKER series
- Excellent artefact hunting
- Millitary aren't bunch of d***s
- Some interesting quests.
- Good weapon/armor upgrade system.
- Good gunplay
- An awesome "passage to Pripyat" mission.
- FREE MODS!
- Achievements actually reward you!
- Probably the best AI out of all STALKER games.
- Game feels empty. There's nothing interesting going on, most exiting thing you will encounter is a patrol of Freedom/Duty or some bloodsuckers. There's not much to do after you finish main quest because there's no quests to do.
- It is not as atmospheric as previous games. In SHoC you would s**t your pants if you saw a bloodsucker, whereas here you just can gun him down easily...
- Ending isn't quite as good, I will not spoil it for you. But getting the good ending is just a torture. It's buggy and your friends die easily.
- Pripyat is very empty in particular, aside from main quest, for such gigantic area, NOTHING IS GOING ON. It's like developers didn't quite finish this particular area.
- Game is far too easy. Even on Master difficulty, hazards are nothing but a nuisance! Exoskeleton is available far too early in the game (which makes you almost impossible to kill), money is too easy to make, items are very light = loot hoarding, which just doesn't fit in a STALKER game.
- Game ending relies on achievements (e.g. Duty ending, you have to get ALL QUESTS ON DUTY SIDE just for their ending. You sold the wrong PDA and you had no idea it's going to be useful? Too bad.). A bit of an overkill.
Overral: an 8/10.
Certainly the best game for ever ! Before I prefer Shadow of Chernobyl (9/10), but I change my mind, I gave 8/10 and today 10/10.
Clear Sky is a good game (8/10) but I hate the final.
Well ... 150 characters .. humhum.