Fixes bm16, mossberg590, veprk crash, FN FAL icon, RPK-74 attachments, weapon names/descriptions, missing 7.62x51_7h1 ammo and the majors titanium foot.
I am making good progress on my weapons addon for r_populik's OWR 2.1 Full.
So it's been a while since a proper news update. As you can see by all the images and video uploads lately, we're all hard at work adding content to the OWR addon/revision we're making we're calling "Ultimate Weapon Renewal".
Here is a list of changes since the last update:
1) Added "Borz", IMI Uzi, Remington 870WP, and AA-12
2) Animations created by fart_blad for Mini-14, MP-153, and IMI Uzi
3) aytabag created models/skins of Remington 870WP and AA-12
4) aytabag has started work on redesigning this page and has started working on the Vityaz
5) Added replacement models for AKM, FN FAL, and hopefully soon the Browning Hi-Power
6) I've begun work on porting changes from CS engine revisions to COP engine revisions
About the COP engine revisions, we will be modifying the COP engine it as a base for changes that cannot be done any other way (aside from Gunslinger and Shoker, which both have ways of adding content through injection processes).
Here are some of the features already done and just need to be ported from CS:
1) Different reload sounds for reloading empty vs full for pistols
2) Full-auto pistol class so they display proper empty animations
3) Possibility for misfire animations (depends on whether fart_blad wants to do them, as it would be a LOT of work)
4) Possibility for empty reload animations on guns other than pistols (again, it's up to fart_blad)
5) Re-enabled grass shadows for DX9/10/11 (r2_sun_details)
6) Actor casts a shadow in DX9/10/11 (can be turned off in the console)
7) Re-enabled fov console command as well as god mode and unlimited ammo for you cheaters out there ;)
8) Grass draw distance console command
As you can see, not all features are related to guns. The reason for this is we are considering making this more of a full-fledged mod and not an addon. This may include all sorts of new features like new armors, new types of equipment, and other things.
Here are some ideas we'd like to implement but haven't yet (we still need a good programmer, PM me if interested):
1) Ability for Abakan to fire it's 2-round burst mode at 1800RPM, while retaining it's normal rate of fire in other modes
2) 3D scopes (different than in Shoker and STCOP; I mean a scope model that takes up the screen with a texture underlay of the crosshair)
3) 3D shell casings (done in Shoker, but we won't be using the same injection process that allows that)
4) Ability to swap out different scope models and eotech's/kobra's without having to swap models like in Shoker
5) Bayonet and underslung shotgun attachments
6) Add a Jagged Alliance 2 style system where you can buy new load bearing equipment, armor addons, etc.
7) Add a DirectX12 renderer once it becomes available
8) Allow .seq files to be given a stop frame/point (animated blood puddles underneath bodies anyone?)
9) Convert to 64-bit executable
10) Multi-thread engine for up to 4 cores
There are many other ideas, but you get the picture. I am currently working with a team of people consisting of a few programmers who will help implement some of these things, but we still need another, especially for something such as adding a DX12 renderer (so DirectX/shader experience is preferred).
That's all for now. We will keep you updated as things progress.
Highest Rated (12 agree) 10/10
Awesome final installment with the potential for modding greatness.
The downsides, It is too short and when you do jobs in certain places you end up with an empty area afterwards. But Modding is the answer and mods like MSO solve that particular problem.
May 31 2012, 3:57pm by nashathedog
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.