A turn-based grand strategy game in space: Defend Earth against an alien invasion from the edge of the Solar System. Negotiate with the various governments of Earth and secure their support - One way or the other. Establish your bases on other planets to take the fight to the enemy. Design and build powerful spaceships, then take them into battle.
Quite a good game here. But quite expensive for old school graphics.
+ Designing own ships
+ The map
+ tactical battles
+ No bug
--- graphics (i don't really mind btw but others would)
- Officer's management quite difficult to understand and handle
I have sunk a good 10 hours or more into this game so far, and I like where it is going.
Since it clearly isn't about graphics, I hope the Dev puts in more choices to flesh out the RPG like feel such as allowing demotion/firing of officers, more random "events" where you have choices that affect your fleets and officers, Slightly less linear tech tree to allow more strategic options maybe have a branching tree affected by choices made so you don't have all techs in one playthrough.
So far it is a solid base of a game that most strategy fans will enjoy, and hopefully will only get better. Price is a little steep for this type of Indie game but if the game continues in the direction it has, the game will be well worth the price.
The game has great potential. It reminds strongly of "UFO Enemy Unknown". After playing the demo I find these aspects interesting:
- great personal management
- great fleet management
These aspects seemed ok:
- usual way of improving through a fixed researchtree
- limited diplomacy
- creating own fleets
These aspects need improvement:
- graphics are plain, that is ok, bet the overall layout could need some improvements and some more pictures would greatly improve the game
- battle system seems reasonable but as a core feature, should be either more realistic or more arcade-like - right now I found it no better than "Master of Orion 2"
- overall mood/feeling of this game is weak, although I really liked playing it did not really addict me
i was very disappointed with the lack of a toutorial after the first 3 battles and waiting 2 ingame moths for my first battel aginst a crusitr that had a 1 hit kill lazer that wiped me out in 3 turns.i also attemped to play a second time making sure not mis any tips but i still had verry little understanding of the "resurch" and "faction" tabs.i would gladly reinstall and even buy this game if it wernt for that.