Slender's Woods is a short horror game about a mythical creature Slender man. One of the main reasons this game was made is to show a different atmosphere and gameplay done with the Slender man character. The goal is not to collect a certain amount of objects to win like in the most Slender tributes/clones. This game is more about storytelling and puzzle solving. The development started a month after the original Slender game by Agent Parsec came out. The game features two modes with different gameplay: 1.Story mode, the main feature of the game, which plays like a quest with the enemy chasing you. You have to visit various locations, pick up/use items and solve the puzzles. 2.Page collecting mode. This mode is added just as a bonus for the fans of the original game. You have to collect a certain amount of pages in the woods to survive. See the text file for the list of controls and important tips.
The first version of the game (The last version is v1.1). Click 'downloads' to download the last version.
Download updated version here
Tips (Please read before playing Story mode):
* Don't look at the enemy for too long.
* The more you play the game, the faster the enemy becomes.
* The flashlight has a limited power, don't forget to collect batteries.
* Sprinting causes your maximum stamina to drop slightly, especially in the Page collecting mode.
* Don't forget to read the notes, they contain tips where you should go.
* Try to remember the layout of the level and pay attention to the signs.
* Story mode has checkpoints which allow you to save the game. To load the last game, simply access the Story mode menu section or hit "yes" on the continue screen.
* Don't stop moving in the forest area after Slender man starts following you
* Don't miss the key in the generator room in the underground tunnels
Controls (You can also look them up in the help section or by pressing F1):
WSAD - movement
Mouse - look
Shift - sprint
E or left mouse button - use/open
F or right mouse button - flashlight on/off
Esc - menu
Space - shoot (Only if you have a pistol and ammo)