Welcome to another small update to Siege of Turtle Enclave! In view of the season, I felt a few festive additions were in order...
Primarily this update consists of toggleable decorations for the Enclave; pumpkins, ghosts, spiderwebs, bats, and of course a witch riding her broom through the sky above town. The update also includes a few minor bugfixes and also some helpful tweaks.
Auto-Harvest; A bit of fun added to aid the absent minded (me), toggled on or off by holding Shift when harvesting a tile. While a tile is set to Auto-Harvest, it will be...automatically...harvested... *ahem* at the beginning of each turn, the hours required for the action deducted from your total for the day.
Move En Masse; No idea why I didn't think of this before, now you can move all units in a selected tile by simply not selecting any of the units themselves, just the tile, and then giving the order to move to a targeted tile, all movable units in the selected tile will head to the targeted tile. Should cut out a quite a bit of annoying unit-selecting-tedium.
Disbanding Units; Another kick-myself addition that should have been in the game long ago...On the World Map you can now disband unwanted units by selecting them and then clicking the shiny new 'Disband' button in the lower right corner of the screen, pretty cool yes?Well that's pretty much it this time around, I have plans to flesh out festive decor a bit more, with more diverse props and more festivals. But for now this is fun enough.
Well that's pretty much it this time around, I have plans to flesh out festive decor a bit more, with more diverse props and more festivals. But for now this is fun enough.
Before I end this little article I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank the community for making the alpha release of my game so special and wonderful, sincerely, thanks. All the helpful comments and interest in the project has really been encouraging, one person actually bought multiple copies of the game just to show support! Extra special thanks to you pal! The response invigourates me to continue to make cool things for all of you and fills my heart with joy! ...As corny as that last bit sounded, it really is true, this has all been wonderful...
Take care, and once again, thanks...
Here's the full changelog for v0.4b:
* Credits added to the main menu, because awesome people deserve more than just some notes in a readme!
* Toggleable Halloween Decorations for the Enclave.
* Auto-Harvest ability to the World Map, for the absent minded. (Like me).
* Ability to move all troops in tile if no units are specifically selected.
* Can now disband unwanted units on the World Map. (No idea why I did't think of this before...)
* Extra number in recruitment window representing the total count of a given unit the player has in play.
* Small notation on building structure window, now displays how many of each building is built.
* Recruitment UI, window now scrolls when there are more units than fit on the screen.
* 'Space' button now skips things, some screen previously used 'enter' to skip while others used 'space'. Now all should use 'space'.
* Un-deployed units in a lost battle counting extra towards housing max.
* Removed collision boxes on Sprouts that made it hard to select crops during this stage.