Rexzilla is shaping up to meet my completion deadline of next Monday, and I'm trying to get the word out for launch. But my sporadic, half-asleep blog posts naturally have left a lot to be desired in terms of hard facts about the gameplay experience.
With that in mind, I'd like to break Rexzilla down in bullet-pointable features! Hooray!
...Er, but first, a quick (re)introduction:
Rexzilla is a classically-inspired pixelly-on-purpose 2D jumpathon platformer. It follows the exploits of the titular half-boy half-dinosaur superhero as he attempts to recover his stolen gumball collection from an evil alien army.
The game features:
- 50+ levels of high-jumping, fire-breathing, alien-squishing goodness across 5 different worlds.
- 5 different boss battles.
- Completely original pixelly 2D graphics for your nostalgic side.
- An original soundtrack by Dallinsaurus (Bandcamp page forthcoming).
- 12 in-game challenge awards to unlock with your amazing skills.
- 2 different endings to discover.
- English and Japanese text options for your bilingual needs.
- Keyboard and gamepad support with customisable controls.
- My awkward humour (I'm so sorry).
The game does NOT feature:
- A cover system.
- Shoehorned multiplayer.
- Philosophical discussion of life, the universe, or anything.
Rexzilla will be (probably) available on Monday, 18 February 2013 for Windows XP/Vista/7.
I hope you like it! :)
P.S. There will be a free demo launched on the same day so you can try before you buy!