Red alert: A Path Beyond will be enduring two complete overhauls for the next two releases. Version .994 will have a complete overhaul of the armor.ini, and will also feature infantry and vehicle handling changes. Version 1.0 will have all the finalized graphics changes and special features, including single player missions. Some of .994's more notable changes are:
- Rifle Soldiers, Officers, APCs and Rangers fire 30 rounds using the identical RA firing sounds. They do more damage to buildings, vehicles and infantry while not being overpowered at the same time.
- Artillery does light damage to vehicles. Eight 155mm shells will destroy a unit (Such as an APC) with 200 points of health. A Mammoth Tank (600 points of health) would take 24 shells to destroy. Conversely, its damage against buildings is somewhat higher. It also kills infantry easier than it used to.
- Longbows and Hinds both do somewhat more damage than they did before, as per RA defined values.
- No longer can you exploit the point system by jumping out of a vehicle that is almost destroyed. Upon leaving a vehicle, it automatically becomes set to the team that you belong to. You will still recieve points, and give points, whether or not the vehicle is abandoned. It's better to stay inside and get as many shots fired off as you can before you detonate.
- Demolition Trucks do not destroy weak buildings, such as Service Depots, with one detonation (Unless damaged to some extent). Several Demolition Trucks are required to destroy large sections of a base at any one time. They are still highly effective against infantry, but still lackluster against all vehicle types.
- Points will be awarded for a unit's destruction, proportional to how much damage you do to a unit.
The full list of changes can be found here
In short, with these changes(and others that I'm not going to tell you about until later :P) Red alert: A Path Beyond should match C&C: Red alert as much as possible. .994 is in testing now, and the graphics enhancements for 1.0 are already well on the way. Here are a few images showing completed work:
By the way, I still need those reinforcements. Drunkill and I can't save this base by ourselves! Leave comments with your favorite battle cry and then jump into .9935 and help us!