id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration in a post-apocalyptic world, to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become. This is the first game to feature the new id Tech 5 engine.
- You don't talk at all.
- You come out of the arch not knowing anything and do stuff for people because of?
- Idiotic health medpacks recharge and continue
- Open end for a game that will not see a sequel?
- Characters, thank god we can skip the dialogue, the character design was rather good and made them interesting but you barely speak with them and when they do its all stupid and simple and not believable.
- Worlds emptyness
- **** textures although it uses the glorified MEGA TEXTURES (25gb)
- No action as in barely any events, no scripted scenes and barely any memorable moment.
- uninteresting and dull
- no MP shooting only MP with the car
- No settings in options all automatic
- Whoever wrote dialogue and story was not worth his money and is mentally demised, kick him out and give me the job I do better for less!
- poor ending, no boss no speech no nothing.
- Music I don't remember it so it wasn't too good but also not too bad.
+ Awesome gun fights, enemies take cover and retreat and push forward, close combat enemies jump around from obstacles and dodge you.
+ Good looking world if the textures wouldn't be crap, modelers and mappers did a great job.
+ Card game
+ Car races and combat
+/- Weapons some great ones and some barely useful ones. electro bolt electrifies enemies in water, only once that occasion occurs.
Avoid until its very cheap and even then its not really worth your time. Works best with Nvidia cards others had difficulties with the drivers that may be fixed now but I dunno.
Overall unsatisfying it really hurts seeing what it could be and what it sadly is. The few good aspects can't make up for it, you will have some fun and will be amazed by its look but most of the time its boring and sickening and awful to look at. Probably the biggest gaming disappointment for me in 2011.
A big - for having so many "fans" who are too mentally dicktarded to see all the fails which are so obvious yet claim the game to be very good and gorgeous.